Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 12:52 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 12:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT Date: 05-15-2012
GPA: 3.5
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Volunteer Experience: 24 Months Full-Time
Concentration: Operations, General Management
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014

GRE 1: Q162 V160
GPA: 3.8
WE:Education (Health Care)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V47
Send PM
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Any movement off the waitlists? Its been more than a month for me.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
occamsrazor wrote:

Been on wait list since R1. As far as i know, no one has come off it since then!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
gunnertv wrote:
anonymous1 wrote:
gunnertv wrote:
Interviewed on 3/28 and still waiting to hear from them. Anyone else in the same boat? Was told they would let me know by the end of this week. Today is a public holiday so obviously this is going to spill over to next week now.

I am in the same boat. Interviewed on 3/28 as well. I was also told I will get my decision by the end of the week.

Same boat as well, interviewed 3/27.

Should we not call them and check if they can make it today?

I was wondering the same.
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.78
Send PM
Hey!

Any guys attending DJ this weekend interested in sharing a hotel room?

I'm not sure what is going on in Ithaca this weekend, but flight and hotel prices seem to be much higher than they were when I visited in February to do my interview. If anyone is interested in sharing and splitting the cost of a hotel room on Friday night and Saturday night please let me know.

Based on the itinerary, it looks like we will hardly be in our rooms, so I'd prefer to split these costs if possible.

Steven
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
I interviewed march 26 and havent received an answer yet....is anyone in the same position?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
battletux wrote:
I interviewed march 26 and havent received an answer yet....is anyone in the same position?

Yes, many of us.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GPA: 4
WE:Research (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
I was invited to interview today! Am hoping to schedule it for next week! :-D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Brazilian wrote:
battletux wrote:

Yes, many of us.

To all of you R3 ap. still waiting, interviewing 3/26 --> later: My app just turned complete (from interv. scheduled) Any movement for you guys as well? Let's hope an answer is coming up soon!:)

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Schools:Johnson, Tuck, Yale, Vanderbilt (In with $$$)
 Q47  V37
WE 1: Tech Consulting - 2 years
WE 2: Tech Strategy - investment bank - 2 years
Send PM
[quote="veronicalulu"]I was invited to interview today! Am hoping to schedule it for next week! :-D[/quote

Cool, Are you an R3 applicant?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GPA: 4
WE:Research (Other)
Send PM
"I was invited to interview today! Am hoping to schedule it for next week! :-D"

"Cool, Are you an R3 applicant?"

I am R4!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi guys,

Need interview scheduling advice.
I was invited to interview yesterday and I'm wondering if I should go on campus or do the skype thing. I definitely want to visit the school, but I can only do that towards the end of next week due to my work/travel schedules. However, Cornell is my prime choice. I know that the class is already filling up, so I want to get interviewed as early as possible. But I don't want them to think I'm not very serious about the program by interviewing over skype. (I've never visited the class before either!).
So I have the following options:
1. Interview over skype this week and risk coming across as not being too serious about SC Johnson.
2. Interview in person next week and risk missing out on spots that are already filling up fast everyday!

I know they (all schools) swear that on-campus and off-campus/skype interviews are weighed equally. But from the experiece of some of my friends, I know that many schools, (especially slightly-less-than-top-tier programs like SC Johnson) may hold that against you if you never visited as they may assume that you're using them as only a safe-school.

Let me know what you guys think. Has anyone interviewed over Skype and got in (without ever visiting a class or meeting the admissions team?)

Has anyone heard of an R3 applicant admitted towards end of April?

Appreciate your inputs!!
Manager
Manager

Send PM
bschoolsri wrote:
Hi guys,

I was invited to interview yesterday and I'm wondering if I should go on campus or do the skype thing. I definitely want to visit the school, but I can only do that towards the end of next week due to my work/travel schedules. However, Cornell is my prime choice. I know that the class is already filling up, so I want to get interviewed as early as possible. But I don't want them to think I'm not very serious about the program by interviewing over skype. (I've never visited the class before either!).
1. Interview over skype this week and risk coming across as not being too serious about SC Johnson.
2. Interview in person next week and risk missing out on spots that are already filling up fast everyday!

I know they (all schools) swear that on-campus and off-campus/skype interviews are weighed equally. But from the experiece of some of my friends, I know that many schools, (especially slightly-less-than-top-tier programs like SC Johnson) may hold that against you if you never visited as they may assume that you're using them as only a safe-school.

Let me know what you guys think. Has anyone interviewed over Skype and got in (without ever visiting a class or meeting the admissions team?)

Appreciate your inputs!!

If you are serious about the school and it's your top pick, I would definitely interview on campus. Skype will work if you live far away or can't make it to the campus, but it's never an advantage to interview over skype, even if they say its equally weighted (and i dont think they say that at johnson) and even if you can schedule the interview earlier by skype.

I interviewed in person at CU, (my #2 pick) and was accepted. but i skyped with my #6 pick safety school and was waitlisted there.

if it's your top pick, you dont want to get dinged or WL'd and always wonder "what if i would have gone on campus..." just go for it.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
iamvolitant wrote:
bschoolsri wrote:
Hi guys,

Appreciate your inputs!!

If you are serious about the school and it's your top pick, I would definitely interview on campus. Skype will work if you live far away or can't make it to the campus, but it's never an advantage to interview over skype, even if they say its equally weighted (and i dont think they say that at johnson) and even if you can schedule the interview earlier by skype.

I interviewed in person at CU, (my #2 pick) and was accepted. but i skyped with my #6 pick safety school and was waitlisted there.

if it's your top pick, you dont want to get dinged or WL'd and always wonder "what if i would have gone on campus..." just go for it.

Hey iamvolitant, Thanks so much for the reply!!
Just curious as to when you had your interview at CU? Towards the end of the application cycle by any chance? Which round did you apply to?
Like I mentioned in my post, I definitely would love to interview on campus, but I'm wondering waiting a week for doing so may just be too late given that the class is filling up pretty darn fast!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, Statistics
WE:Marketing (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
veronicalulu wrote:
"I was invited to interview today! Am hoping to schedule it for next week! :-D"

"Cool, Are you an R3 applicant?"

I am R4!

Cool.. Congratulations !!

I'm a R4 applicant as well, and still waiting for the good news. Did you get your invitation by email or did you have to sign in to look for your application status?
Intern
Intern
Schools:Johnson, Tuck, Yale, Vanderbilt (In with $$$)
 Q47  V37
WE 1: Tech Consulting - 2 years
WE 2: Tech Strategy - investment bank - 2 years
Send PM
anonymous1 wrote:
Brazilian wrote:
battletux wrote:

Yes, many of us.

To all of you R3 ap. still waiting, interviewing 3/26 --> later: My app just turned complete (from interv. scheduled) Any movement for you guys as well? Let's hope an answer is coming up soon!:)

Posted from my mobile device [/quote

Mine went complete yesterday, interviewed on 3/28. Not sure how long this whole process is going to take!. May they are waiting to see off the deposit date (April 15).
Manager
Manager

Send PM
bschoolsri wrote:
Hey iamvolitant, Thanks so much for the reply!!
Just curious as to when you had your interview at CU? Towards the end of the application cycle by any chance? Which round did you apply to?
Like I mentioned in my post, I definitely would love to interview on campus, but I'm wondering waiting a week for doing so may just be too late given that the class is filling up pretty darn fast!

I was invited to interview at the Consortium weekend, which was 9 days before the hear-back date for round 2 if i remember correctly.

If you can get out of work a week from now and go, like you said, i'm sure that's fine, not too late. They wouldn't invite a whole round of people to interview and use up all their slots on people who interviewed during the first week.

On top of that, they havent even notified all of R3 yet, so I'm pretty sure spots are not already filling up on R4. But if you are still worried about the timing, I would bring it up when you call Marcie to schedule the interview. Offer to schedule an in person interview, then after scheduling, tell her that you could interview a week earlier over skype if that would be better. I guarantee they will not reccommend it. then you can rest easy, having heard straight from the horses mouth.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Send PM
ajus wrote:
occamsrazor wrote:

Been on wait list since R1. As far as i know, no one has come off it since then!

Same here. Waiting since R2. Any idea when they start pulling people off the waitlist? Any ideas from last year?
How many of the admitted students have accepted the offer--what's the yield this time? Perhaps, that could give us some hopes.

thanks.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  59   60   61   62   63   64   65  ...  72   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6919 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts