Last visit was: 08 May 2024, 18:16 It is currently 08 May 2024, 18:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Status:schools I listed were for the evening programs, not FT
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Given Kudos: 50
GMAT 1: 640 Q43 V34
GMAT 2: 660 Q43 V38
GPA: 3.1
WE:Research (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.44
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 600 Q42 V31
GMAT 2: 660 Q47 V34
GPA: 3.15
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: McDonough 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Congrats to all of you. See you this fall. And good luck to those who are still waiting
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
thekidjj wrote:
IN!!! :-D Good luck to any still waiting. Hope you get off the waitlist nova.

Thanks. We'll see what happens from here.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Is anyone else debating between Georgetown and Hopkins? I'm leaning toward GT due to its well established program, but Hopkins' new program is on the rise. I'm just curious to see what other's thoughts are with regarding to Hopkins' Flexible MBA program.

Congrats to those who are in, and good luck to those who are still waiting.

:-D
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Leprechaun wrote:
Is anyone else debating between Georgetown and Hopkins? I'm leaning toward GT due to its well established program, but Hopkins' new program is on the rise. I'm just curious to see what other's thoughts are with regarding to Hopkins' Flexible MBA program.

Congratulations on the admit! I think at this point, your decision should be based on
1. Would a flexible curriculum work better for you.
2. What opportunities will you have the best shot of getting by going to Hopkins vs. Georgetown assuming you want to leave your current employer sometime down the road during or right after school
3. How good do you think Hopkins will be over the next few years (this is the wild card)

I was intrigued by their program, but I ultimately decided not to apply there. I'm not particularly interested in working for NGO's and healthcare in the long term, which ties into Hopkins' best graduate schools which are SAIS and the med school. I would think that Hopkins can be very attractive to guys and gals who are interested in these areas. Those are just my two cents.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
novanative wrote:
Leprechaun wrote:

Congratulations on the admit! I think at this point, your decision should be based on
1. Would a flexible curriculum work better for you.
2. What opportunities will you have the best shot of getting by going to Hopkins vs. Georgetown assuming you want to leave your current employer sometime down the road during or right after school
3. How good do you think Hopkins will be over the next few years (this is the wild card)

I was intrigued by their program, but I ultimately decided not to apply there. I'm not particularly interested in working for NGO's and healthcare in the long term, which ties into Hopkins' best graduate schools which are SAIS and the med school. I would think that Hopkins can be very attractive to guys and gals who are interested in these areas. Those are just my two cents.

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I think Carey's philosophy is unique. It is hard to pass up on GT. Also, cost is another factor in my situation. GT is significantly more costly than JHU.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
In!!! Good luck to everyone who's waiting / waitlisted!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey all,

First time posting but have been lurking for a while.

I've been admitted to both the Georgetown Evening Program and George Washington's Accelerated MBA (went AMBA because it's their cohort program) and am now trying to decide which one to attend. I'm moving to DC next month from the midwest, thus have almost no perspective on how the schools compare in the eyes of people in the DC area.

From my perspective as an outsider on a national level GT obviously has the better brand name and recognition, however I've been really impressed with GW, both for the flexibility of the program and its academic strength.

I'd appreciate any insights from people in the area on how the schools compare to locals. Thanks..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3
Send PM
Muskie wrote:
Hey all,

First time posting but have been lurking for a while.

I've been admitted to both the Georgetown Evening Program and George Washington's Accelerated MBA (went AMBA because it's their cohort program) and am now trying to decide which one to attend. I'm moving to DC next month from the midwest, thus have almost no perspective on how the schools compare in the eyes of people in the DC area.

From my perspective as an outsider on a national level GT obviously has the better brand name and recognition, however I've been really impressed with GW, both for the flexibility of the program and its academic strength.

I'd appreciate any insights from people in the area on how the schools compare to locals. Thanks..

Obviously I am a little bias since I am going to GT, but as someone who has lived and done business in DC for a number of years, here is my take.

GT has more influence in DC than GW, and its network (from the undergrad and numerous strong graduate programs) is more extensive. GW certainly is a great school, and has a great network in the city. If you are looking to stay in the city, an MBA from GW will get you far. But GT just has broader name recognition.

After I was admitted to GT, but didn't get financial aid, I considered applying to some other area schools (MD, GW, American) to see if I could get a full-ride. I then talked to someone who works in the banking industry in the city, and he suggested I take GT and run, that name in business is everything and GT's name is better, even if you have to pay more for it.

That being said, I don't know what you are trying to do and the costs between the two programs, so this insight is on a more general level.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Question all.......can you be wait listed without an interview for the ep at McDonough?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Freshman2 wrote:
Question all.......can you be wait listed without an interview for the ep at McDonough?

I was interviewed and then wl'ed, so I'm leaning toward no, though I can't say for sure. The reason why I believe that at this point now is because Georgetown already finished both rounds, so I doubt that they're going to interview more people. But this is speculating on my part. What I do know for sure is that you must interview in order to get accepted.

Hope this helps add some perspective.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I was told by one of the admission personnel that they would interview past the June 1st date, which is the offical notification date for Round 2. I would call the school to confirm.

Good luck!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.15
Send PM
Freshman2 wrote:

On Page 17:
amirkabir wrote:
I am pleased, I was put on the waitlist without an interview! Is that normal?
Now I dont know what to do! I want to take the gmat again but they want all things till April 1.
What you guya suggest? Is it possible to get admitted out if the waitlist, without doing nothing. Or is an interview also necassary?
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.85
WE:Accounting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Freshman2 wrote:

I was waitlisted without an interview. So, you can be waitlisted. Whether there is a good chance of being called for an interview is another story...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Anyone attending the event on Friday for admitted and enrolled students?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I just made my deposit to enroll this Fall for the Evening MBA Program. See you all this Fall!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
I'll add my update. Waitlist Decision delayed to July 2, or next Monday.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Same here......got a generic email stating this
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert