Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 02:42 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 02:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.51
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.51
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
xiangxder wrote:
all hi. i got an interview weeks ago. it went.. weird, well, it was really hard to descript..my feelings about the meeting. well, basically, i don't think the adcom showed her interest(great? normal? plain? i don't know) in me.. no request about my personal life, no detailed questions about my work experience or acedemic records.. so i tend to put it as a negative sign... waiting for the DING from goizueta...
well, anyone has any comment? to encourage me up or.. just let me sink down...
thanks anyway!!
btw, good luck to all!!

You should just chill out. You had an interview which means that the Adcom liked you application in the first place. From what I understand the interview is not blind (the interviewer has read your file previously) and hence they may not ask detailed questions on work-ex or academia, unless you have something glaring in your profile that they may want clarify on. Plus a lot depends on the interviewer themselves, so you can't read a lot into that.

The results are 5 days away, I would suggest just stop thinking about it and worry on Friday, not before that as you can't really do anything about it in anycase. Maybe speak to some current students to show your interest in GBS, but other than that just sit tight and keep your fingers crossed.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
GPA: 3.2
WE:Operations (Investment Banking)
Send PM
AJUnited wrote:
From what I understand the interview is not blind (the interviewer has read your file previously) and hence they may not ask detailed questions on work-ex or academia, unless you have something glaring in your profile that they may want clarify on.

I was told that your application/essay review and interview are conducted by separate members of AdCom fwiw.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
xiangxder wrote:
all hi. i got an interview weeks ago. it went.. weird, well, it was really hard to descript..my feelings about the meeting. well, basically, i don't think the adcom showed her interest(great? normal? plain? i don't know) in me.. no request about my personal life, no detailed questions about my work experience or acedemic records.. so i tend to put it as a negative sign... waiting for the DING from goizueta...
thanks anyway!!
btw, good luck to all!!

Hi Xiangxder, I won't see it as a negative sign. Are you also applying from China? I got my interview few weeks ago too, and it was quite some standarded plus few behavioral questions. The conversation went well, but I got no reply to my thank you email later on, so I guess it's hard to predict. Just chill out and relax. We will find out the result in just 4 days, hopefully with calls.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
TJ83 wrote:
xiangxder wrote:
thanks anyway!!
btw, good luck to all!!

Hi Xiangxder, I won't see it as a negative sign. Are you also applying from China? I got my interview few weeks ago too, and it was quite some standarded plus few behavioral questions. The conversation went well, but I got no reply to my thank you email later on, so I guess it's hard to predict. Just chill out and relax. We will find out the result in just 4 days, hopefully with calls.

hi, TJ, nice to see you here and thank you for your reply. I think we are probably on the same boat, good luck to both of us!! btw, I had also applied Darden but haven't received a ding or interview invite yet till now. I saw your darden status is a D, so i guess you probably had received a definite notification from Darden, right?? so, well, do you think i should still waiting for the invite or just let it go?? personally, i tried to put it into a negative answer..again, haha!! well, thanks again and finger crossed for us!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
AJUnited wrote:
xiangxder wrote:
thanks anyway!!
btw, good luck to all!!

You should just chill out. You had an interview which means that the Adcom liked you application in the first place. From what I understand the interview is not blind (the interviewer has read your file previously) and hence they may not ask detailed questions on work-ex or academia, unless you have something glaring in your profile that they may want clarify on. Plus a lot depends on the interviewer themselves, so you can't read a lot into that.

The results are 5 days away, I would suggest just stop thinking about it and worry on Friday, not before that as you can't really do anything about it in anycase. Maybe speak to some current students to show your interest in GBS, but other than that just sit tight and keep your fingers crossed.

yeah, very stressful days, my friend in India, thanks for your words. and good luck to all of us!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: Kelley (Indiana) - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE:Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
xiangxder wrote:
btw, I had also applied Darden but haven't received a ding or interview invite yet till now. I saw your darden status is a D, so i guess you probably had received a definite notification from Darden, right?? so, well, do you think i should still waiting for the invite or just let it go?? personally, i tried to put it into a negative answer..again, haha!! well, thanks again and finger crossed for us!!

You should never give up, but you might want to think about casting your net a bit wider and applying to some other schools in the final round if you've only applied to Darden and Goizueta. Marshall, Kelley, McDonough and Mendoza are all pretty much Goizueta's peer schools and have deadlines on or after March 15. (I'm not sure if you might have visa issues coming from China and applying so late) I think Mendoza in particular is pretty low on international students so it could work in your favour.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
xiangxder wrote:
TJ83 wrote:
xiangxder wrote:
thanks anyway!!
btw, good luck to all!!

hi, TJ, nice to see you here and thank you for your reply. I think we are probably on the same boat, good luck to both of us!! btw, I had also applied Darden but haven't received a ding or interview invite yet till now. I saw your darden status is a D, so i guess you probably had received a definite notification from Darden, right?? so, well, do you think i should still waiting for the invite or just let it go?? personally, i tried to put it into a negative answer..again, haha!! well, thanks again and finger crossed for us!!

Hi Xiangxder, I applied Darde R1 in a rush, so my case may not be applicable to yours, but so far I would say no interview is definitely not a good sign.
Back to Emory - I heard AO will start to call admitted students a bit earlier than the actually decision date. If lucky, we can expect a call or email by 15th morning China time, according to what happened to R1/2 admitted.
Good luck to all R3 international applicants!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
To TJ83, applicant in the States has received R3 admission. the party is started!!!
btw, any difference or updates in your opus status??
none in mine...
i have been so stressful recently that i just couldn't get focused on my work!!...

Originally posted by xiangxder on 13 Mar 2013, 02:29.
Last edited by xiangxder on 13 Mar 2013, 21:11, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Xiangder, I didn't get any update on OPUS either. I guess it didn't come to Chinese pool yet. Relax....

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
xiangxder wrote:
applicant in the States has received R3 admission. the party is started!!!

Hi, out of curiosity where did you see this?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
AJUnited wrote:
chdheeraj1 wrote:
Looks like only 1 indian in this forum received an invite so far. Given the decisions come out on Mar 15, the chances are looking bleak now

The best we can hope for is a WL. I am sure there wouldn't be any interview before decision date now. Damn!

Guys did you get any update on the status??
I am too from India, looks like many of us didn't get call, does that mean we can hope for an interview invite even after the DD??
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I've been refreshing my Opus every 20 minutes for the past 48 hours...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GPA: 3.23
WE:Consulting (Telecommunications)
Send PM
I have been refreshing OPUS as well since Monday and I have not gotten a different message other than "Your admission decision is not available at this time. Please check your Admission To Do list for remaining application requirements. If all application materials have been received, check your school's website for decision release dates or for decision timeframes. Thank you for your interest in Emory University."

I also have not received an email or phone call. It looks like they might be waiting until tomorrow to release decisions.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Got the e-mail from Goizueta. I'm in! $$, but amount not specified.

2-yr FullTime.

Best of luck guys

Originally posted by DMNY31 on 14 Mar 2013, 11:28.
Last edited by DMNY31 on 14 Mar 2013, 12:24, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
I am in! International student. Email - no call!

So happy! best of luck to EVERYONE!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.8
WE:General Management (Transportation)
Send PM
In @ 1-year program! I applied to both (one year being the first choice) and havn't received the decision regarding the 2-year program yet. Email notification. I'm an international applicant residing in Goergia now.

So does anyone receive the 2-year decision yet?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [1]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Marketing, Healthcare
Schools: Chicago Booth - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
WE:Engineering (Health Care)
Send PM
Kudos
My OPUS account says I'm waitlisted and then I get an email saying I'm accepted. A quick check with the adcom confirmed that I have indeed been accepted into the 2 year program, with $$.

But oh man, I wish I hadn't logged onto OPUS before I saw that acceptance mail :cry: . Horrible way to get your first acceptance.
Anyhoo, good luck to all!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts