Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 12:39 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 12:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: Kelley (Indiana) - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE:Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink]
Just got dinged. :( (although it was hardly painful because I prefer Kelley) Good luck to my fellow dings at finding a seat at another school and congrats to all the admits.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 630 Q45 V33
GMAT 2: 670 Q45 V38
GRE 1: Q158 V152

GRE 2: Q160 V155
GPA: 3.2
WE:Analyst (Accounting)
Send PM
Got WL...I guess it's better than "no"...and now I must hope that someone gets into a better school so that they let me off the WL! Any advice on what I should do to get off the WL or better my chances? BTW I applied through the Consortium...so I'm hoping I eventually get in!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.51
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
DMNY31 wrote:
Got the e-mail from Goizueta. I'm in! $$, but amount not specified.

2-yr FullTime.

Best of luck guys

Congratulations on the $$$ and on getting in
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Got a ding email myself...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rfmba wrote:
I am in! International student. Email - no call!

So happy! best of luck to EVERYONE!

Congratulations and all the best...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
haiwen wrote:
In @ 1-year program! I applied to both (one year being the first choice) and havn't received the decision regarding the 2-year program yet. Email notification. I'm an international applicant residing in Goergia now.

So does anyone receive the 2-year decision yet?

Congratulations. I guess if you got your first choice program then that should be good mate...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Prudence wrote:
My OPUS account says I'm waitlisted and then I get an email saying I'm accepted. A quick check with the adcom confirmed that I have indeed been accepted into the 2 year program, with $$.

But oh man, I wish I hadn't logged onto OPUS before I saw that acceptance mail :cry: . Horrible way to get your first acceptance.
Anyhoo, good luck to all!

That is hell of an incident specially for the first invite. Congratulations on that. You must be so relieved...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
BMN wrote:
AJUnited wrote:
chdheeraj1 wrote:
Looks like only 1 indian in this forum received an invite so far. Given the decisions come out on Mar 15, the chances are looking bleak now

The best we can hope for is a WL. I am sure there wouldn't be any interview before decision date now. Damn!

Guys did you get any update on the status??
I am too from India, looks like many of us didn't get call, does that mean we can hope for an interview invite even after the DD??

If you haven't received an invite, it is in all likelihood a ding or a WL. A bunch of folks (including me) received a ding mail from the Adcom yesterday. Hang in tight and you should have any update by tomorrow.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
ProfessorX wrote:
Got WL...I guess it's better than "no"...and now I must hope that someone gets into a better school so that they let me off the WL! Any advice on what I should do to get off the WL or better my chances? BTW I applied through the Consortium...so I'm hoping I eventually get in!

I got waitlisted too. I replied to accept it, and asked for feedbacks how to improve. Hope to receive a reply soon. Really wanna go to Emory...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 630 Q45 V33
GMAT 2: 670 Q45 V38
GRE 1: Q158 V152

GRE 2: Q160 V155
GPA: 3.2
WE:Analyst (Accounting)
Send PM
TJ83 wrote:
ProfessorX wrote:

I got waitlisted too. I replied to accept it, and asked for feedbacks how to improve. Hope to receive a reply soon. Really wanna go to Emory...

Well at least you got into Marshall...I didn't even get invited to an interview to Marshall (and I'm FROM Los Angeles AND i had connects at USC)...go figure right? I'm not IN anywhere yet so I just wanna BE in. Gonna hear from a few more tomorrow, and then Duke on Monday. I'm still applying to a few more schools in the 3rd round and waiting to hear from Vandy, UNC and NYU (applied to all 3 in the 3rd round).

I also filled out the form and asked for feedback...I'm going to try and make a trip out to Atlanta and try to push my way into Emory. I'll do whatever it takes!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
ProfessorX wrote:
TJ83 wrote:
ProfessorX wrote:

Well at least you got into Marshall...I didn't even get invited to an interview to Marshall (and I'm FROM Los Angeles AND i had connects at USC)...go figure right? I'm not IN anywhere yet so I just wanna BE in. Gonna hear from a few more tomorrow, and then Duke on Monday. I'm still applying to a few more schools in the 3rd round and waiting to hear from Vandy, UNC and NYU (applied to all 3 in the 3rd round).

I also filled out the form and asked for feedback...I'm going to try and make a trip out to Atlanta and try to push my way into Emory. I'll do whatever it takes!!!

Good luck to your trip! I wish I could travel to Atlanta but I'm in China and drowned with work stuff... I guess the only way I can do is waiting for a feedback, and updating whatever I can provide. Really wanna push for Emory. The seats reserved for R3 international applicants are limited but worth a try.
USC is very nice but I'm having a big headache with their loan policy for international students....
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Well, I got a ding :(

Congrats for all the applicants who got an admit!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Marketing, Healthcare
Schools: Chicago Booth - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
WE:Engineering (Health Care)
Send PM
AJUnited wrote:
Prudence wrote:
My OPUS account says I'm waitlisted and then I get an email saying I'm accepted. A quick check with the adcom confirmed that I have indeed been accepted into the 2 year program, with $$.

But oh man, I wish I hadn't logged onto OPUS before I saw that acceptance mail :cry: . Horrible way to get your first acceptance.
Anyhoo, good luck to all!

That is hell of an incident specially for the first invite. Congratulations on that. You must be so relieved...

I'd say that the waitlist mail just about killed any joy I felt (and ruined my plans to do an acceptance dance :) )
I couldn't even manage a smile for the scholarship mail. I'll take the weekend to let it sink in.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Are there any other Round 4 Applicants out there? I submitted the application on 3/8 and am awaiting an interview invite. Has anyone from Round 4 received word of an interview?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V34
GPA: 3.58
Send PM
MBA6200 wrote:
Are there any other Round 4 Applicants out there? I submitted the application on 3/8 and am awaiting an interview invite. Has anyone from Round 4 received word of an interview?

I am a round 4 applicant. I have just received my interview invitation for April 3. I am a bit excited but have a whole week to get prepared.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: Goizueta (M)
WE:Account Management (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
To everyone bummed about their WL decision - I certainly understand it is not what you want to hear, but I would encourage you to not give up on the process if GBS is truly your dream (as some of you have stated). The easiest way to demonstrate that you deserve be taken from the WL is to express your strong interest in GBS and to acutely define what you can add to our community. The WL is not a brick wall, but a challenge to demonstrate your value. I am happy to offer suggestions, just PM if you are interested.

Best of luck to everyone,
Jon
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Finance
GPA: 3.7
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
MBA6200 wrote:

I am a round 4 applicant and was invited for an interview on March 21. I went in for my interview on April 5.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts