It is currently 22 Oct 2017, 05:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 28 Nov 2010
Posts: 36

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2013, 16:21
Kinda confused whether really these dates have any correlation with the time when you get interview invitation..
But to give you an overview:
Indian applicant submitted app on 17-Jan
Received 'Complete Application' email from the school on 2-Feb

That's the last piece of communication received so far from the school..

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Aug 2011
Posts: 20

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2013, 16:49
magiccapofnix wrote:
Kinda confused whether really these dates have any correlation with the time when you get interview invitation.
But to give you an overview:
Indian applicant submitted app on 17-Jan
Received 'Complete Application' email from the school on 2-Feb

That's the last piece of communication received so far from the school..

I've just got invite, don't loose hope, buddy
Feel alittle bit release. Now,it's time for preparation for interview

Posted from my mobile device

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Status: Poor but happy
Joined: 06 Mar 2012
Posts: 156

Kudos [?]: 48 [0], given: 27

Concentration: Marketing, Healthcare
Schools: Chicago Booth - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
WE: Engineering (Health Care)
Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2013, 18:42
Julie146 wrote:
magiccapofnix wrote:
Kinda confused whether really these dates have any correlation with the time when you get interview invitation.
But to give you an overview:
Indian applicant submitted app on 17-Jan
Received 'Complete Application' email from the school on 2-Feb

That's the last piece of communication received so far from the school..

I've just got invite, don't loose hope, buddy
Feel alittle bit release. Now,it's time for preparation for interview

Posted from my mobile device


You must be so relieved! Good luck :)
_________________

My MBA application journey, one step at a time https://spoonfulofmba.wordpress.com

Kudos [?]: 48 [0], given: 27

Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 28 Nov 2010
Posts: 36

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2013, 18:58
Julie146 wrote:
magiccapofnix wrote:
Kinda confused whether really these dates have any correlation with the time when you get interview invitation.
But to give you an overview:
Indian applicant submitted app on 17-Jan
Received 'Complete Application' email from the school on 2-Feb

That's the last piece of communication received so far from the school..

I've just got invite, don't loose hope, buddy
Feel alittle bit release. Now,it's time for preparation for interview

Posted from my mobile device


The weird moment when getting the interview call feels as good as getting the acceptance :shock:

ATB !!

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 06 Jul 2011
Posts: 77

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 11

Location: India
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 650 Q46 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2013, 02:06
Julie146 wrote:
magiccapofnix wrote:
Kinda confused whether really these dates have any correlation with the time when you get interview invitation.
But to give you an overview:
Indian applicant submitted app on 17-Jan
Received 'Complete Application' email from the school on 2-Feb

That's the last piece of communication received so far from the school..

I've just got invite, don't loose hope, buddy
Feel alittle bit release. Now,it's time for preparation for interview

Posted from my mobile device


Good luck Julie146!

I dropped them a mail and got a reply that my application was 'complete' on Jan 31. The wait continues for me.

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 11

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Jan 2013
Posts: 30

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 4

Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2013, 10:30
Julie146 wrote:
magiccapofnix wrote:
Kinda confused whether really these dates have any correlation with the time when you get interview invitation.
But to give you an overview:
Indian applicant submitted app on 17-Jan
Received 'Complete Application' email from the school on 2-Feb

That's the last piece of communication received so far from the school..

I've just got invite, don't loose hope, buddy
Feel alittle bit release. Now,it's time for preparation for interview

Posted from my mobile device


Hey,

Can I know how you got an invite? Mail or cal or updated some where in the application status??

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 4

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Jan 2013
Posts: 30

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 4

Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2013, 10:51
Hey, I still have 4 items in my "to do list" - resume, interview, essays, recommendation. I submitted them on Jan 17th itself and got confirmation from Pam on Feb 3rd. Is there anything that I need to worry about?? Do you think I need to contact anyone in specific? coz I mailed to admissions and they said they will look into it 10days ago. But still now I didn't get any update :(

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 4

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 01 Oct 2012
Posts: 94

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 19

Location: United States
GPA: 3.2
WE: Operations (Investment Banking)
Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2013, 10:33
Anyone going to Atlanta for a March 4 interview?

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 19

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Aug 2011
Posts: 20

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2013, 16:11
BMN wrote:
Julie146 wrote:
magiccapofnix wrote:
Kinda confused whether really these dates have any correlation with the time when you get interview invitation.
But to give you an overview:
Indian applicant submitted app on 17-Jan
Received 'Complete Application' email from the school on 2-Feb

That's the last piece of communication received so far from the school..

I've just got invite, don't loose hope, buddy
Feel alittle bit release. Now,it's time for preparation for interview

Posted from my mobile device


Hey,

Can I know how you got an invite? Mail or cal or updated some where in the application status??


I got an email with instruction to arrange interview appointment via web conference.
Hope you would get good news soon

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Aug 2011
Posts: 20

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2013, 16:13
BMN wrote:
Hey, I still have 4 items in my "to do list" - resume, interview, essays, recommendation. I submitted them on Jan 17th itself and got confirmation from Pam on Feb 3rd. Is there anything that I need to worry about?? Do you think I need to contact anyone in specific? coz I mailed to admissions and they said they will look into it 10days ago. But still now I didn't get any update :(


It's quite weird. You should call to adcom to check

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Jan 2013
Posts: 30

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 4

Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2013, 16:14
Julie146 wrote:
BMN wrote:
Hey, I still have 4 items in my "to do list" - resume, interview, essays, recommendation. I submitted them on Jan 17th itself and got confirmation from Pam on Feb 3rd. Is there anything that I need to worry about?? Do you think I need to contact anyone in specific? coz I mailed to admissions and they said they will look into it 10days ago. But still now I didn't get any update :(


It's quite weird. You should call to adcom to check



Yeah. I checked with them, they removed it today.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 4

2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Jul 2012
Posts: 6

Kudos [?]: 3 [2], given: 1

Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2013, 16:09
2
This post received
KUDOS
It was useful for me and I want to pay it forward ... Karma

I was interviewed this week. The interview is more a conversation than anything else, very friendly in general!

Basically I had to tell a story of my resume while the interviewer was asking very simple questions. Why did you chose that job? why you moved to another industry? how doing this and that improved the sales by xx%?
-Define my leadership style and how I have been applying it
-Short and long term goals
-They never asked me why emory or what about Atlanta because throughout my answers I was mentioning key aspects
- Extracurriculars - The person read the bullet point I had there and asked me to expand a bit more

Really nothing to matter even if its your first interview. The only thing I will highly recommend is to read again your resume point by point and ask to yourself the basic questions: how, why, what. You should be able to tell a short and good story of every point, specially the most recent experience.


Good luck to everyone!!!!!

Kudos [?]: 3 [2], given: 1

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Feb 2011
Posts: 68

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2013, 01:16
BMN wrote:
Julie146 wrote:
BMN wrote:
Hey, I still have 4 items in my "to do list" - resume, interview, essays, recommendation. I submitted them on Jan 17th itself and got confirmation from Pam on Feb 3rd. Is there anything that I need to worry about?? Do you think I need to contact anyone in specific? coz I mailed to admissions and they said they will look into it 10days ago. But still now I didn't get any update :(


It's quite weird. You should call to adcom to check



Yeah. I checked with them, they removed it today.


It is quite normal for Emory. As far as I understood they have a week or two weeks lag. I had 6 items in my to-do list for more than 10 days after submission.

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Aug 2011
Posts: 20

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2013, 06:51
rfmba wrote:
It was useful for me and I want to pay it forward ... Karma

I was interviewed this week. The interview is more a conversation than anything else, very friendly in general!

Basically I had to tell a story of my resume while the interviewer was asking very simple questions. Why did you chose that job? why you moved to another industry? how doing this and that improved the sales by xx%?
-Define my leadership style and how I have been applying it
-Short and long term goals
-They never asked me why emory or what about Atlanta because throughout my answers I was mentioning key aspects
- Extracurriculars - The person read the bullet point I had there and asked me to expand a bit more

Really nothing to matter even if its your first interview. The only thing I will highly recommend is to read again your resume point by point and ask to yourself the basic questions: how, why, what. You should be able to tell a short and good story of every point, specially the most recent experience.


Good luck to everyone!!!!!

thank you so much.I will have interview next thursday and your experience surely helps me much to prepare for my interview <3

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Feb 2011
Posts: 68

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2013, 07:31
Julie146 wrote:
rfmba wrote:
It was useful for me and I want to pay it forward ... Karma

I was interviewed this week. The interview is more a conversation than anything else, very friendly in general!

Basically I had to tell a story of my resume while the interviewer was asking very simple questions. Why did you chose that job? why you moved to another industry? how doing this and that improved the sales by xx%?
-Define my leadership style and how I have been applying it
-Short and long term goals
-They never asked me why emory or what about Atlanta because throughout my answers I was mentioning key aspects
- Extracurriculars - The person read the bullet point I had there and asked me to expand a bit more

Really nothing to matter even if its your first interview. The only thing I will highly recommend is to read again your resume point by point and ask to yourself the basic questions: how, why, what. You should be able to tell a short and good story of every point, specially the most recent experience.


Good luck to everyone!!!!!

thank you so much.I will have interview next thursday and your experience surely helps me much to prepare for my interview <3


Just be prepared and relaxed. It is not job interview. All the questions are quite standard, nothing special. They want to be sure that you will fit the school culture.

Good luck

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Status: Poor but happy
Joined: 06 Mar 2012
Posts: 156

Kudos [?]: 48 [0], given: 27

Concentration: Marketing, Healthcare
Schools: Chicago Booth - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
WE: Engineering (Health Care)
Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2013, 14:00
Received the invite about 2 hours ago. If we're monitoring trends, it seems that applicants receive the invitation 2 weeks after the 'Application Complete' mail.
_________________

My MBA application journey, one step at a time https://spoonfulofmba.wordpress.com

Kudos [?]: 48 [0], given: 27

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Jan 2013
Posts: 30

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 4

Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2013, 20:08
Prudence wrote:
Received the invite about 2 hours ago. If we're monitoring trends, it seems that applicants receive the invitation 2 weeks after the 'Application Complete' mail.


Congrats!! Good Luck!

I am too expecting the result this week. Did you receive an email ??

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 4

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Status: Poor but happy
Joined: 06 Mar 2012
Posts: 156

Kudos [?]: 48 [0], given: 27

Concentration: Marketing, Healthcare
Schools: Chicago Booth - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
WE: Engineering (Health Care)
Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2013, 20:15
BMN wrote:
Prudence wrote:
Received the invite about 2 hours ago. If we're monitoring trends, it seems that applicants receive the invitation 2 weeks after the 'Application Complete' mail.


Congrats!! Good Luck!

I am too expecting the result this week. Did you receive an email ??


Yep, with instructions to do it on MS Lync
_________________

My MBA application journey, one step at a time https://spoonfulofmba.wordpress.com

Kudos [?]: 48 [0], given: 27

Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 28 Nov 2010
Posts: 36

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2013, 20:21
Me too waiting.. If not this week- then there's every possibility that it would not come :-(

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Jan 2013
Posts: 30

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 4

Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2013, 21:56
Prudence wrote:
BMN wrote:
Prudence wrote:
Received the invite about 2 hours ago. If we're monitoring trends, it seems that applicants receive the invitation 2 weeks after the 'Application Complete' mail.


Congrats!! Good Luck!

I am too expecting the result this week. Did you receive an email ??


Yep, with instructions to do it on MS Lync


Thx 4 d info..

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 4

Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants   [#permalink] 25 Feb 2013, 21:56

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18  ...  20    Next  [ 396 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: OasisGC, BrushMyQuant, aerien



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.