Last visit was: 07 May 2024, 07:44 It is currently 07 May 2024, 07:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 204
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink]
jasarn wrote:
Hi all - I'm joining this thread as I'm part of the waitlisted group - hoping together we can keep our spirits strong and wait it out!

Welcome. Which round?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hailmary620 wrote:
jasarn wrote:
Hi all - I'm joining this thread as I'm part of the waitlisted group - hoping together we can keep our spirits strong and wait it out!

Welcome. Which round?

Round 2.

Is anyone doing anything while waitlisted?? I feel a little helpless and like I'm twiddling my thumbs as I wait for the Admissions Gods to determine my fate!

I know they said you can send updates, etc, but, I applied in early Jan and its early April now (ie only 3 months has gone by since I applied) and I don't really have anything to 'update' since I applied.... :/
Director
Director
Send PM
jasarn wrote:
hailmary620 wrote:
jasarn wrote:

Welcome. Which round?

Round 2.

Is anyone doing anything while waitlisted?? I feel a little helpless and like I'm twiddling my thumbs as I wait for the Admissions Gods to determine my fate!

I know they said you can send updates, etc, but, I applied in early Jan and its early April now (ie only 3 months has gone by since I applied) and I don't really have anything to 'update' since I applied.... :/

I am taking the GMAT again in couple weeks, so will probably send the score. I am in the same situation - no major updates at work. The email we got today made it seems like we still have a great shot at acceptance. Not sure, what Duke considers great? 2%? 25%? I think of great as 80%+ lol
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
WE:Marketing (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Just got another wait list updates email today with an attached Q&A. You might have received it already, but just in case, I copied the Q&A portion to share with the group.

Waitlist Q & A

This correspondence is intended to provide you with answers to frequently asked questions regarding our waitlist process. It is our hope that this will alleviate concerns or questions you have regarding your waitlist status.

Q: How many people are on the waitlist?
We are unable to disclose an exact number of people who are waitlisted. Candidates on the waitlist may be admitted or may choose to remove their name from the waitlist at any point in the process. Therefore, the actual number of candidates on the waitlist can vary from day to day. Please be advised that the Admissions Committee has made a conscious decision to limit the number of applicants extended a place on the waitlist.

Q: Can I retake the GMAT?
Yes. We will accept new scores from an applicant who has elected to remain active on the waitlist. Deciding to retake the GMAT or GRE is a personal decision. If you feel that you did not test at your highest potential, it might be in your best interest to retake the test. In deciding to retest, applicants have found it helpful to compare themselves to the 80% GMAT range (640-750). Should you elect to take the GMAT or GRE again, please notify our office so we may look for your new score. Please note that official test scores must be formally requested through Pearson Vue to be sent to The Duke MBA Daytime (fulltime) program code Q13-N5-32 in order for our office to receive the score. It typically takes one to three weeks for our office to receive an official score once requested.

Q: Is the waitlist ranked and if so what number am I on the waitlist?
No. The waitlist is not ranked. However, it is imperative that you inform the Committee of your intentions to remain active on the waitlist. Only those applicants who have elected to remain active on the waitlist will be considered for admission.

Q: When will the Admissions Committee review waitlisted candidates?
The Admissions Committee will review applications at each subsequent round following the round in which the student applied. You will be informed on the decision release date if you are admitted, if not your status will remain waitlisted. As such, please be sure to keep us informed of any changes in your contact information.

Q: When is the latest I would be admitted from the waitlist?
In the past, we have admitted students from the waitlist as late as the start of Orientation in August.

Q: I was waitlisted for an interview. What should I do?
You will receive an e-mailed invitation to participate in the next round of interviews in the location you pre-selected on your application. No action is needed on your part until you receive the e-mail. The admissions committee will review your completed interview evaluation as a part of your total application and will provide an updated decision on your application after the next admissions deadline. Please refer to our Web site for details on the interview invitation and decision release timeline.
Q: I was not waitlisted specifically for an interview. May I schedule an interview?
Our interview policy is by invitation only at this stage in the application cycle. If the admissions committee determines that an interview is needed to make a final decision on your application, you will be contacted directly by the Office of Admissions in order to schedule and complete your interview.
Q: May I submit additional information for the Admissions Committee to consider?
Yes. During the coming months you may submit additional information that you feel will be helpful to the Committee in consideration of your file. Brevity and relevance are important when determining what to submit to the Admissions Committee. It is not necessary to duplicate information already covered in your application. All information must be via e-mail to ensure that it will be placed in your file. Examples may include:

• Information on recent professional or community accomplishments
• An additional recommendation
• Transcripts for recently completed coursework
• A copy of a new test score (Please note: official score must also come from Pearson Vue/ETS)
• Any changes in contact information (mailing address, phone number, e-mail address)

Q: To whom should I submit additional information?
All updates should be submitted via e-mail to: mbawaitlist@fuqua.duke.edu. Please note that this account is for the receipt of application updates only. We respectfully request that you direct any inquiries regarding your status on the waitlist to our office via telephone, (919) 660-7705. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.

Q: I have a question that has not been addressed in the Waitlist Q&A. What should I do?

Should you have an inquiry regarding the waitlist process, please feel free to contact our office via telephone and ask to speak with an Admissions Officer. You may reach us during business hours, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m.- 5:00 p.m., EST. We would be happy to speak with you and address any questions or concerns you have regarding your application status.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
I am taking the GMAT again in couple weeks, so will probably send the score. I am in the same situation - no major updates at work. The email we got today made it seems like we still have a great shot at acceptance. Not sure, what Duke considers great? 2%? 25%? I think of great as 80%+ lol[/quote]

- I didn't get any mail!!! Did you guys got a mail today from Duke?Checked my profile also, nothing there/no-updates
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 364 [0]
Given Kudos: 109
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE:Information Technology (Retail)
Send PM
prateekmahe wrote:
I am taking the GMAT again in couple weeks, so will probably send the score. I am in the same situation - no major updates at work. The email we got today made it seems like we still have a great shot at acceptance. Not sure, what Duke considers great? 2%? 25%? I think of great as 80%+ lol

Quote:
- I didn't get any mail!!! Did you guys got a mail today from Duke?Checked my profile also, nothing there/no-updates

Which round were you WLed?

I was WLed in R1 and did not receive an e-mail recently. If you are an EA or R1 WLer, it may be just for R2s. The Q&A email has the exact same info as the Q&A website.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
highwyre237 wrote:
prateekmahe wrote:

Quote:

I was WLed in R1 and did not receive an e-mail recently. If you are an EA or R1 WLer, it may be just for R2s. The Q&A email has the exact same info as the Q&A website.

YA , even I was WLed in EA....thanks for coming back - bit of relief
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Retaking GMATs -

I'm not retaking my GMAT... not sure the wisdom of that decision. I'm within the 80% percentile range that Duke posted in the FAQs part addressing re-taking and accepting updated GMAT scores (albeit on the lower end of that range...)

I spent a lot of time studying for them last fall (and then got a little screwed by circumstances), so, I'm loathe to start hitting those books again for such a short concentrated period (ie, really only have 5 weeks to get back up to speed and in prime testing shape) and who knows if that will impact their decision...

but, like I said, not sure as to the wisdom of that - thoughts/viewpoints are appreciated
Intern
Intern
Send PM
prateekmahe wrote:
highwyre237 wrote:
prateekmahe wrote:

Quote:

Maybe email the admissions waitlist email address and indicate you still want to be on the active waitlist. I responded to the email I received yesterday and they confirmed today to put me in the active waitlist pool. Not sure if that makes any difference. But at least I made it clear that I am eager to get in.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
jasarn wrote:
Retaking GMATs -

I'm not retaking my GMAT... not sure the wisdom of that decision. I'm within the 80% percentile range that Duke posted in the FAQs part addressing re-taking and accepting updated GMAT scores (albeit on the lower end of that range...)

I spent a lot of time studying for them last fall (and then got a little screwed by circumstances), so, I'm loathe to start hitting those books again for such a short concentrated period (ie, really only have 5 weeks to get back up to speed and in prime testing shape) and who knows if that will impact their decision...

but, like I said, not sure as to the wisdom of that - thoughts/viewpoints are appreciated

I feel the same way. And I think some recent community involvement or professional accomplishment would be more meaningful as an update. It did mention add'l recommendation letter which I am thinking about to go that route.
Director
Director
Send PM
rebeccablote wrote:
prateekmahe wrote:
highwyre237 wrote:

Maybe email the admissions waitlist email address and indicate you still want to be on the active waitlist. I responded to the email I received yesterday and they confirmed today to put me in the active waitlist pool. Not sure if that makes any difference. But at least I made it clear that I am eager to get in.

Which round did you apply in?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
highwyre237 wrote:
prateekmahe wrote:
highwyre237 wrote:

Which round did you apply in?[/quote]

R2, interviewed in Feb. off-campus.
Director
Director
Send PM
highwyre237 wrote:
prateekmahe wrote:

Which round did you apply in?

Quote:
R2, interviewed in Feb. off-campus.

ok, yeah I'm assuming the only people to receive the recent email were R2 WLers. The R1 and EA WLers have already received that info, so we should not contact adcom about it IMO. It doesn't seem like any other action is needed on our part (unless you have some updates for them of course)
Director
Director
Send PM
highwyre237 wrote:

ok, yeah I'm assuming the only people to receive the recent email were R2 WLers. The R1 and EA WLers have already received that info, so we should not contact adcom about it IMO. It doesn't seem like any other action is needed on our part (unless you have some updates for them of course)

I think only those who accepted the WL offer by April 1st received the email. Time to flood the gates.

highwyre237: being your classmate @ Fuqua will be a dream come true. I see you are planning to do big things at Johnson. Let's hope you do them in Durham, instead.

Originally posted by hailmary on 03 Apr 2013, 11:22.
Last edited by hailmary on 03 Apr 2013, 11:28, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hailmary620 wrote:
highwyre237 wrote:

I think only those who accepted the WL offer by April 1st received the email. Time to flood the gates.

highwyre237: being your classmate @ Fuqua will be dream come true. I see you are planning to do big things at Johnson. Let's hope you do them in Durham, instead.

Flood the gates?
Director
Director
Send PM
hailmary620 wrote:
highwyre237: being your classmate @ Fuqua will be a dream come true. I see you are planning to do big things at Johnson. Let's hope you do them in Durham, instead.

ha thanks, sorry to hear about your Johnson decision, GL with your WLs and Yale.
Director
Director
Send PM
jasarn wrote:
hailmary620 wrote:

highwyre237: being your classmate @ Fuqua will be dream come true. I see you are planning to do big things at Johnson. Let's hope you do them in Durham, instead.

Flood the gates?

Send updates. Show your interest
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  31   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6922 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts