Last visit was: 06 May 2024, 23:27 It is currently 06 May 2024, 23:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
Re: Indian Male,24 Profile Evaluation required!! [#permalink]
Why was your role a pseudo-leader/coordinator rather than a leader/coordinator?.

The fact that you are a First Division helps, but most Indian applicants I work with are at least a First Division. You really should aim for a higher GMAT to increase your chances.

That said I do not ever want to tell someone they have no chance. Also, Ivy doesn’t necessarily equate to more selective as MIT Sloan for example is more selective than Cornell, an Ivy. If you end up applying to schools outside the Top 15 you might as well apply to schools just around that range like Tepper and a few within that range like Cornell as reaches. But really, without an improved GMAT score, your target schools are most likely schools like UT Austin, UNC Kenan Flagler, Emory, etc. outside the top 15.

Best of luck,
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2064 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hey there,
I don't necessarily agree that you need to retake the GMAT. I think you have a wonderful score and getting higher will not help you any more. This is especially true if you are intending to apply R1 this year. You do not have time to retake, and anyhow, the work on your application will likely bring you better returns. Anyhow, Top 10-15 schools will be out of range for you, and I think your range of comfort would be somewhere in schools ranked 20-50 (or out of the top 3/4 in Europe).

Get ready to get started on those applications!!!

Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V49
GPA: 3.8
WE:Corporate Finance (Consulting)
Send PM
Hi,

You have a decent GMAT score and an avg. CGPA. Your ECs look fine. You need to focus on long term goals and give solid reason that how an MBA from XYZ b-school will help you to achieve those goals. If you can showcase leadership traits, awards/achievements in or outside work place in application essays and exhibit ability to work with others, professionalism and maturity during final interviews then you would stand a chance in b-school(s). With the given information, you may target schools like: Ross, Cornell, McCombs, Kenan-Flagler, Indiana-Kelley, Emory, McDonough, Ohio-Fisher, Oxford-Said, Cambridge-Judge, ISB and NUS. You may also try your chances in b-school(s) by clicking https://www.apphelp.co.in/Bschool-selection.htm

Let me know in case of further queries. You may PM your details for school selection or discussion in length.

Regards
Erina

nemesis89 wrote:
EDUCATION: 710 GMAT, 116 TOEFL, Bachelors of Technology from Uttar Pradesh Technical University(state government run university) with a 65% aggregate in Electronics & Communication Engineering. CFA Level II candidate.

WORK: Working as an senior business analyst in Strategy & Operations at a private insurance firm since 3years. This is my first job. Work primarily involves distribution channel analysis, annual operating plans, sales alliances' term sheets, performance management systems and compensation structures.

EXTRA CURRICULAR: worked with an NGO for teaching the underprivileged kids for a few months, won a handful of debates and drama competitions at college and school.

MISC: knowledge of french and dutch languages(basic verbal fluency). Amateur Street Photographer and keyboard enthusiast.

I plan to apply this year for Fall'14 admissions.

Need some clarity on the kind of colleges which are aspirational and achievable in the US & Europe(both mainland and UK).

Any and every comment/suggestion on the profile are welcome!
GMAT Club Bot