Last visit was: 08 May 2024, 08:30 It is currently 08 May 2024, 08:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [1]
Given Kudos: 204
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Duke '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink]
hookemhorns612 wrote:
went to a fuqua info session last thurs and got the low down (personally asked the adcom member who presented) on the 25 facts when reapplying. simply put, we need new info. since these facts are pretty much birth to date, look at it as 50 interesting facts.

So a reapplicat might want to submit a completely new list of 25 random facts, given that the new facts are just as good as the ones submitted before?

Do you know the name of the adcom member you spoke with, hookemhorns612?

I'll be attending a info session today. Will update if I find anything interesting for reapps.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Jokesta wrote:
hookemhorns612 wrote:
went to a fuqua info session last thurs and got the low down (personally asked the adcom member who presented) on the 25 facts when reapplying. simply put, we need new info. since these facts are pretty much birth to date, look at it as 50 interesting facts.

So a reapplicat might want to submit a completely new list of 25 random facts, given that the new facts are just as good as the ones submitted before?

I'll be attending a info session today. Will update if I find anything interesting for reapps.

honestly, if you can submit 25 random facts, just as good as the last 25, i would say absolutely. the reason its an issue for me is that i dont think ill be able to - 25 facts is a lot and ive used some of my very best materials for last year's app...considering it was my entire life up until the due date i dont exactly have 25 facts in the last year that are as good/more interesting. sure maybe i overlooked a few, but its going to be very difficult to produce ones as good. its a ridiculous expectation in my opinion, but im just hoping they consider that as they read my 50 facts together.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Send PM
hookemhorns612 wrote:
Jokesta wrote:
hookemhorns612 wrote:

honestly, if you can submit 25 random facts, just as good as the last 25, i would say absolutely. the reason its an issue for me is that i dont think ill be able to - 25 facts is a lot and ive used some of my very best materials for last year's app...considering it was my entire life up until the due date i dont exactly have 25 facts in the last year that are as good/more interesting. sure maybe i overlooked a few, but its going to be very difficult to produce ones as good. its a ridiculous expectation in my opinion, but im just hoping they consider that as they read my 50 facts together.

hookem: You are missing a key fact that they will be reading last year's application as well, so will get to read your initial 25 random things. The new essay is going to be an add on to those 25 things, and should be new, so you don't repeat what they have already read - you will still get points for all the "good" ones you wrote last year.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Schools: Yale '16 (M)
Send PM
hookemhorns612 wrote:

ARGH, now I have to change the 15 items I kept the same from last time...

I went to an info session in my city a couple of weeks ago. The advice the adcom gave me was to roll-up the WL updates for the reapplicant essay. Hope this helps people who don't have that many new things like me :)
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Send PM
For the reapp essays, how many words are you guys writing? I am currently at 1700+
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
still just a 2 page limit right? i haven't started essay 2 outside of my outline. slowwwwwwly coming up with new facts...

Yesterday I tied my shoe six times before noon!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
tinkered wrote:
hookemhorns612 wrote:

ARGH, now I have to change the 15 items I kept the same from last time...

I went to an info session in my city a couple of weeks ago. The advice the adcom gave me was to roll-up the WL updates for the reapplicant essay. Hope this helps people who don't have that many new things like me :)

Agreed, but I think we need to be careful with this. I believe the adcom will be reviewing the entire application plus the waitlist updates so if you just roll up your waitlist updates in your reapp essay you might be just giving them something have already read. Maybe summarize the waitlist updates but also add new information which they have not yet seen about your profile.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
hookemhorns612 wrote:
still just a 2 page limit right? i haven't started essay 2 outside of my outline. slowwwwwwly coming up with new facts...

Yesterday I tied my shoe six times before noon!

I like that random fact about you hookem, shows that you are not a quiter. You persevere where others fail :-D
Manager
Manager
Send PM
hailmary wrote:
For the reapp essays, how many words are you guys writing? I am currently at 1700+

Are you keeping your Why Duke pretty much the same? maybe some of your reapp essay can go into why duke?

I am currently at 2 pages but I feel like I have so much more to say.. I'll have to prioritize which information i really want to convey and which can wait.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 765 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Send PM
locking this thread. please use the current application season's thread.

fuqua-duke-class-of-2016-calling-all-applicants-151319.html
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73109 [0]
Given Kudos: 18936
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived 'Calling All Duke Fuqua Applicants' Topic
Hi there,
You've reached an old 'Calling All Duke Fuqua Applicants' discussion which is now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Looking for the latest discussion? Check out this up-to-date Calling All Duke Fuqua Applicants Discussion for the most recent conversations on this topic.
Interested in more from this school? Visit our dedicated Duke Fuqua Forum to dive into all things related to Duke Fuqua's MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31 
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6922 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts