Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 00:58 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 00:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 204
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 670 Q41 V41
GPA: 3
WE:Business Development (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink]
hailmary620 wrote:
watersorbet wrote:
btw, 2 updates in a matter of few days - you must have a lot to share. I honestly ran out of all updates, and can't think of anything else to share with adcom. Maybe I should update them about no updates. :P

Ha, at this point I'm just doing things so that I can update - clearly it's not working though!

When you guys speak with your counselor on the phone do you schedule a call or do you just call? I haven't heard from mine in a couple weeks.

It's not working for anyone, so you are not doing anything wrong.

I have never spoken to my counselor; I always email. Interested in hearing what others do.[/quote]

I've been emailing - she is extremely responsive. Usually gets back within a few hours..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 64
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q45 V34
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GPA: 3.8
WE:Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Has anyone called their counselor?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Has anyone asked their counselor when's the latest we might hear back from the ad com? or when it's safe to assume that it's over?
Director
Director
Send PM
hurdle7 wrote:
Has anyone asked their counselor when's the latest we might hear back from the ad com? or when it's safe to assume that it's over?

Didn't ask, but the answer is: August 3rd, 11:00 am ET.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
hurdle7 wrote:

Mine said that nobody will be released from the WL until around the first day of class. Overall he sounded pessimistic about the WL and said the only update he needed was an email in the middle of July stating that I'm still interested in attending. I think updates make almost no difference at this point.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Mine said that nobody will be released from the WL until around the first day of class. Overall he sounded pessimistic about the WL and said the only update he needed was an email in the middle of July stating that I'm still interested in attending. I think updates make almost no difference at this point.

Posted from my mobile device [/quote]

Ugh - that's annoying. I checked in with mine today to try to get some info, but she's out til Monday. Anyone have any other info?
Director
Director
Send PM
They are probably out till Monday. Lets hope that they find bunch of "dropping out" emails in their inbox when they return.

Director
Director
Send PM
When the future applicants read the 28+ pages of this thread, they will be extremely dejected. Each and everyone of us is responsible for the pain and suffering we will inflict on our young ones. Lets step up and change this misery.

Manager
Manager
Send PM
Any updates from counselors? I finally got a hang of mine today, and she told me that at this point our best bet is the start of the orientation when usually couple people don't show up. I live in midwest, so not sure if I can quickly move to Durham. Strongly considering withdrawing my app and reapplying.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
rocket1741 wrote:
Any updates from counselors? I finally got a hang of mine today, and she told me that at this point our best bet is the start of the orientation when usually couple people don't show up. I live in midwest, so not sure if I can quickly move to Durham. Strongly considering withdrawing my app and reapplying.

This is a tough one for me... personally at this point, I paid my money and more of a cost in my opinion, I put in countless hours of work in the app and of stress in waiting...so I want my decision, whenever it may be given b/c I feel I deserve it win or lose. At the same time, I'm not sure if I could go at this point, but will certainly reapply EA and go. I don't want to get an admit then decline and be tossed out when i reapply b/c they're unhappy i didnt accept...if all that plays out and I actually choose not to attend.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
hookemhorns612 wrote:
rocket1741 wrote:

This is a tough one for me... personally at this point, I paid my money and more of a cost in my opinion, I put in countless hours of work in the app and of stress in waiting...so I want my decision, whenever it may be given b/c I feel I deserve it win or lose. At the same time, I'm not sure if I could go at this point, but will certainly reapply EA and go. I don't want to get an admit then decline and be tossed out when i reapply b/c they're unhappy i didnt accept...if all that plays out and I actually choose not to attend.

Honestly, one thing I can't quite understand: Why can't school come up with an optimal number of admits this late in the game and over-admit. I mean within two weeks on orientation, hardly couple people drop out and a institution of Duke's size should have enough resources to accomodate couple extra people, if they were off in their estimate.
Director
Director
Send PM
hookemhorns612 wrote:
rocket1741 wrote:

Let's hope that we can convert ED Reapplication. I have heard that being on the summer wait does not always turn into an admit. There are few people who didn't even get interview invites when they re-apply - I think school expect us to put in a stronger application that last time, and if we don't, they have a hard time admitting the exact same person they dinged or wait-listed last time.

I am writing my essays for next year and not really expecting a call now. Are you not going to Darden?
Manager
Manager
Send PM

Originally posted by rocket1741 on 12 Jul 2013, 12:47.
Last edited by rocket1741 on 24 Jul 2013, 18:02, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
hailmary620 wrote:
hookemhorns612 wrote:
rocket1741 wrote:

Let's hope that we can convert ED Reapplication. I have heard that being on the summer wait does not always turn into an admit. There are few people who didn't even get interview invites when they re-apply - I think school expect us to put in a stronger application that last time, and if we don't, they have a hard time admitting the exact same person they dinged or wait-listed last time.

I am writing my essays for next year and not really expecting a call now. Are you not going to Darden?

Nope. Same reason behind why I'm unsure I would be able to go to Fuqua if admitted this summer. Super hard choice to make, but hopefully I'll be regret free come this winter when decisions come out.

Certainly, reapplicants will be expected show considerable growth and reflection in the next yr's app, but I would imagine that a summer waitlister as an R2 applicant is really close to in and an early action might have locked it down, but then again it's all speculation and nobody really knows...except maybe the guys in the admissions office at the school.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 765 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Send PM
hookemhorns612 wrote:
Nope. Same reason behind why I'm unsure I would be able to go to Fuqua if admitted this summer. Super hard choice to make, but hopefully I'll be regret free come this winter when decisions come out.

Certainly, reapplicants will be expected show considerable growth and reflection in the next yr's app, but I would imagine that a summer waitlister as an R2 applicant is really close to in and an early action might have locked it down, but then again it's all speculation and nobody really knows...except maybe the guys in the admissions office at the school.

Just curious, given that you have an admit to UVa, what is the rationale behind going to a waitlist school in late summer?
Director
Director
Send PM
Good Luck with Kellogg or the reapplication process. I also gave it a serious thought this weekend, but decided that I will make a move to Durham, even on a few hours notice. The timing of attending a school this year is much better, but obviously if I don't get in, I will reapply in ED.

Originally posted by hailmary on 15 Jul 2013, 09:41.
Last edited by hailmary on 24 Jul 2013, 18:04, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
asimov wrote:
hookemhorns612 wrote:

Just curious, given that you have an admit to UVa, what is the rationale behind going to a waitlist school in late summer?

Umm...not all programs are interchangeable in the eyes of prospective students.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts