Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 20:48 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 20:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V42
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance
GPA: 3.9
WE:Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 117 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Send PM
Re: Insead September 2014 Intake- Calling all applicants [#permalink]
Domrep wrote:
Hey guys - does anyone else have this problem? I never submitted my application or paid the fee and I just saved it while working on it with plans to submit for round 2. Except now, it says that my "application is under review" but my status is still saying "Saved", which leads me to believe that I never did submit it which I'm hoping is the case. Is this a server issue?

I have the same problem too. Well, by the time they realised we have not paid the application fees nor have we clicked on the submit button, they will probably throw our applications back to our faces... :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
knightofdelta wrote:
Domrep wrote:
Hey guys - does anyone else have this problem? I never submitted my application or paid the fee and I just saved it while working on it with plans to submit for round 2. Except now, it says that my "application is under review" but my status is still saying "Saved", which leads me to believe that I never did submit it which I'm hoping is the case. Is this a server issue?

I have the same problem too. Well, by the time they realised we have not paid the application fees nor have we clicked on the submit button, they will probably throw our applications back to our faces... :)

Phew ok, I'm glad I'm not the only one. Ya, I figured they'd just throw it out but I was a bit fearful they may make note that we had an incomplete application and that we lack attention to detail or something haha. That would not be good.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Domrep wrote:
knightofdelta wrote:
Domrep wrote:

Phew ok, I'm glad I'm not the only one. Ya, I figured they'd just throw it out but I was a bit fearful they may make note that we had an incomplete application and that we lack attention to detail or something haha. That would not be good.

Don't sweat it buddy. I don't think the Admissions guys are going to be that harsh.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.76
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Good things to come at INSEAD 14D :D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Domrep wrote:
knightofdelta wrote:
Domrep wrote:

I am facing the same issue but not very concerned, pretty sure I never submitted it. I never even filled any info in - just taking it offline till adcom brings it back live.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
hey guys, do you think that the competition of being admitted into Insead is not that tough as in other S16 schools in the US?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V39
Send PM
Awesome! What a great place INSEAD must be!

ducceus wrote:
Good things to come at INSEAD 14D :D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Domrep wrote:
Diver wrote:
Just got an email from my coordinator saying the application is complete and I can expect to hear latest by 8th Nov...

Can you tell me how you were linked up with a coordinator?

Hey, sorry - just saw the message. I got an email a day or so after submission saying that my application was posted and links will be sent to recommenders. Then got an email a week or so after both recommendations were submitted saying the application was complete and this specific person will be the coordinator throughout the process...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
hi all, can somebody tell me whether international experience is an unsaid compulsory at insead.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mjfrdli wrote:
hi all, can somebody tell me whether international experience is an unsaid compulsory at insead.

I know at least three candidates who have got admitted without any significant international work experience, but then they must have stood well on other parameters.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
wonbinofchina wrote:
hey guys, do you think that the competition of being admitted into Insead is not that tough as in other S16 schools in the US?

From my research that's a very dangerous underestimation to make. There's a reason INSEAD is consistently ranked in the Top 5 worldwide and I don't think "lack of competition" (and therefore arguably less qualified individuals) would keep that ranking afloat.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Send PM
docks wrote:
mjfrdli wrote:

I know at least three candidates who have got admitted without any significant international work experience, but then they must have stood well on other parameters.

Well, am no expert but what they say is they look for international motivation which can be defined in many ways...its definitely a strong parameter for them given that they have a complete essay dedicated to it...I would say if you belong to an over-represented applicant pool (Indian males, etc) - there would be enough applicants with very strong international experience, so unless you have a truly unique background (professionally, geographically, or in some other ways), I would say lack of international experience may hurt...then again, am no expert and this is my understanding from my research/discussions/etc...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Application was completed on October 9th,

but I still haven't received a confirmation from INSEAD that its complete, anyone experiencing a similar situation?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hello, can someone please confirm if there is a re-applicant essay in the application package?
Thanks.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
docks wrote:
Hello, can someone please confirm if there is a re-applicant essay in the application package?

Thanks.

Yes there is. Question 7 is for reapplicants.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
knightofdelta wrote:
docks wrote:

Thanks.

Can't find Q#7, only 6 questions in the pdf - :?: :?:
Manager
Manager
Send PM
docks wrote:
knightofdelta wrote:
docks wrote:

Thanks.

Can't find Q#7, only 6 questions in the pdf - :?: :?:

You are right. I assumed it was there based on Stacy Blackman's notes on Insead essays. I guess you can work your re-applicant story into Question 6.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  48   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts