Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 14:52 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 14:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 394 [28]
Given Kudos: 155
GMAT 1: 730 Q52 V37
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 394 [3]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 197 [0]
Given Kudos: 145
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE:Corporate Finance (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Re: Price Comparison of MBA Consultants and Links to their Sites [#permalink]
Hi Farful!

Thanks for putting together this list. I operate a boutique MBA admissions consulting business, MBA Admissions Coach (https://MBAAdmissionsCoach.com) and I'd like to be added to your list.

My hourly rate is $250 per hour, and I charge the following for my comprehensive packages: 1 School Package: $3,700, 2 School Package: $4,900, 3 School Package: $6,100, 4 School Package: $7,300, 5 School Package: $8,500.

Although I work hourly and on comprehensive school packages, most of my clients find that purchasing packages for specific services - resume update, essays for one school, etc., works out the best for them.

I started my business this past summer after serving as the Director of MBA Admissions for 15 years. Despite leaving my formal admissions role, I found that I really missed working directly with MBA applicants. So now, I get to continue doing the things that I love. All of my clients work directly with me.

Best wishes to all of the applicants out there!

Wendy
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 394 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
gbrooks6687 wrote:
Just out of curiosity, what is your reasoning behind "needing" a consultant? You must have given this a lot of thought, especially because of your budget.

Hi there, we've actually talked before (though you may not remember). You were extremely helpful and gave me a great start (and resources) to my research on business schools. So I thank you for that :)

I'll keep my response short. I've recently decided to pursue an MBA. The biggest reason why I feel I need a consultant is because I don't know anything about business schools nor do I know anyone personally who is in or went through business school. I need someone knowledgeable to help guild me through this process. Furthermore, I will be a one-time applicant. I have my age working against me, but more importantly, I have family considerations. This summer will be the only chance I have to move without impacting my family a great deal.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72912 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
P.S. Published a copy of your spreadsheet (it is a copy only so it is not tied to yours/changes you make will not be reflected).
You can, however get yours up there if you go to File > Publish in the Google docs and then paste the KEY value in the post.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
Send PM
I'm not clear what your criteria is to include a company on your spreadsheet, but as you mention there are tons of admissions consultancies out there. I, myself, have a list of close to 85 consultants from my own research when I was looking for a consultant (note this is just a list of names, and does not have anything about pricing).
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72912 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Ward2012 wrote:
I'm not clear what your criteria is to include a company on your spreadsheet, but as you mention there are tons of admissions consultancies out there. I, myself, have a list of close to 85 consultants from my own research when I was looking for a consultant (note this is just a list of names, and does not have anything about pricing).

Wow. Impressive research and probably quite a bit of decision making went into that... do you care to share who you picked?
Or at least what was the deciding factor?
Thanks!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 394 [0]
Send PM
Ward2012 wrote:

I don't really have a criteria - I just went ahead and compiled a list of consultants that I found here on gmatclub.
If you want to give me names of others, I'm sure I'll be able to find them via google and will add their information to the spreadsheet.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Send PM
Hi Farful,
I suggest column 2 be moved towards last column. Doing so will make the price comparison easier. As of now we cannot see the name of the company and the prices together.
Thanks,
dRebellion!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [3]
Given Kudos: 28
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
farful wrote:
Ward2012 wrote:

I don't really have a criteria - I just went ahead and compiled a list of consultants that I found here on gmatclub.
If you want to give me names of others, I'm sure I'll be able to find them via google and will add their information to the spreadsheet.

Attached is my list. Please note that this list was compiled in Fall 2012, and I have not updated it with new consultancies that I have come across since then. Also I don't have any admissions consultants based in India on this list, and also some may not be in business anymore.
Attachments

Admissions Consultants.xlsx [10.37 KiB]
Downloaded 511 times

MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 494 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hey Farful,

This is a great list - thanks for pulling it together! Could you add a link to our free consultation form for folks who are interested in chatting with us? Thanks!

https://criticalsquare.com/contact-us/f ... sultation/
Fortuna Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Expert Reply
Fortuna Admissions, as we are fairly new, isn't on this list either but for our services and prices, you can check us out here: https://fortunaadmissions.com/services/

What makes Fortuna unique though is that our entire team is made up of former Admissions Directors from the top b-schools in the US and Europe so we've been on the 'other side'. Another plus is that if you sign up for a full school package, you get to work with 2 consultants/expert coaches as opposed to 1.

We also understand that cost can be a factor for many so we are willing to set up a price/package that works best for you. Give us a call anytime (or email).

All the best,
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [0]
Given Kudos: 1752
GPA: 4
Send PM
Expert Reply
Farful, thanks for this valuable research.
We'd like to add that our prices above are not final. Each Aringo client is considered for a discount from the Lese fund, and there is also a discount through GMAT Club!
Feel free to contact us to learn more about our services and discounts.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 431 [3]
Given Kudos: 131
Send PM
Kudos
I just can't afford it :(. Thank you for preparing a list which help students like me motivate us further to work on our own. :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 136 [2]
Given Kudos: 753
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Ross School of Business - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.2
WE:Project Management (Other)
Send PM
Kudos