Last visit was: 06 May 2024, 05:27 It is currently 06 May 2024, 05:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 2.88
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: NTU '15
GPA: 3.5
WE:Operations (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Re: NTU (Nanyang Technological U) - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink]
I recently took the GMAT and scored a 710 (Q-50, V-35). I have around 6 yrs of exp in IT industry and have decent acads (I mean I have been the topper of my class throughout), and did my graduation from a good college (Not NIT or IIT though). I have good extra curriculars which I can show and also have good number of achievements at work as well. Have close to 2 yrs of experience in the US and a couple of months in the UK.

I am not able to make up my mind regarding applying for Nanyang for R2 or should I be waiting till Oct 2013 and apply in R1? Is there a difference between both the rounds with regards to intake? I know that generally R2 is riskier than R1, but some school such as INSEAD claim to give equal opportunity in all rounds, so is it the same for Nanyang?
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: University of Peshawar
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: HBS '15
GMAT Date: 07-31-2013
GPA: 3.4
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
ramachaitanya wrote:
I recently took the GMAT and scored a 710 (Q-50, V-35). I have around 6 yrs of exp in IT industry and have decent acads (I mean I have been the topper of my class throughout), and did my graduation from a good college (Not NIT or IIT though). I have good extra curriculars which I can show and also have good number of achievements at work as well. Have close to 2 yrs of experience in the US and a couple of months in the UK.

I am not able to make up my mind regarding applying for Nanyang for R2 or should I be waiting till Oct 2013 and apply in R1? Is there a difference between both the rounds with regards to intake? I know that generally R2 is riskier than R1, but some school such as INSEAD claim to give equal opportunity in all rounds, so is it the same for Nanyang?

You have strong Credentials, don't wait! Best of Luck.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
GPA: 2.99
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hey, anyone aware of the essay topics for NTU application? I couldn't find them on the website.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [0]
Given Kudos: 833
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
The thread seems pretty dead!!!
Lets revamp it up a bit ... after being done with the ISB applications, most of the Indians would turn to this and NUS.
So lets starts some discussions
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [0]
Given Kudos: 833
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Here are the essay topics:

Nanyang NTU Essay 1. If you were to choose the single most important thing that matters to you, what would it be and why? (Share the experiences, lessons and insights that shaped your choice). (300 word limit)
Nanyang NTU Essay 2. Share your most significant leadership experience. Indicate the challenges you faced, and the impact that was created in this experience. (Illustrate a particular moment or incident that showcase the type of leadership you are made of). (300 word limit)
Nanyang NTU Essay 3. Discuss your vision of your future after earning your MBA (career aspirations within a 3-5 year time frame), and how Nanyang MBA will help you achieve that. (300 word limit)
Nanyang NTU Resume: Concise document, no more than 3 pages, briefly explaining the description of your responsibilities and your accomplishments
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73058 [0]
Given Kudos: 18911
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived 'Calling All NTU Applicants' Topic
Hi there,
You've reached an old 'Calling All NTU Applicants' discussion which is now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Looking for the latest discussion? Check out this up-to-date Calling All NTU Applicants Discussion for the most recent conversations on this topic.
Interested in more from this school? Visit our dedicated NTU Forum to dive into all things related to NTU's MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6922 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts