Last visit was: 08 May 2024, 04:37 It is currently 08 May 2024, 04:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Sloan (MIT) Class of 2016 Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink]
Thank you Ward2012. I was waitlisted after taking a interview in November. Therefore I'm wondering whether other waitlisted guys with interviews have received any messages or not after confirming their places on the waiting list.
Director
Director
Send PM
Here's what we were sent in November:

************************************************************************************************************************

Dear {Ward2012},

I hope this email finds you doing well.

I wanted to send some information regarding your place on the waiting list for the MBA Class of 2014 at MIT Sloan.

We are hosting a wait list chat on Thursday, November 21st at 12:00 PM EST. You can log on to the chat here: https://mitmba.askadmissions.net/groupc ... gPage.aspx

I along with Jen Barba will be managing the waitlist, and we will both be present to answer any questions. If you cannot attend this chat, we will post the transcript shortly after.

Lastly, when you log on to the wait list page, please indicate which date you want to remain on the waitlist until. The system does not send you a confirmation email, but we received the dates. You only have to submit once.

All the best,

Becca Honohan
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Waitlisted w/ interview as well.

Guess my interview didn't go as well as planned :-)

Happy Holidays Everyone!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Send PM
Hey Folks,

I hate to say that... but Count me in :D
My interview went pretty well, but somehow it was not meant to be easy. Anyways, as long as there is hope it would be foolish not to try to get things straighten up ;)

BTW: Some days after the decisions were published; I received an E-Mail encouraging me to apply for an MEng. Degree. Did anybody else get a similar E-Mail? I mean it’s not exactly what I am looking for... But if this indicates that I have good chances to grab a seat (no additional application fee, no interview, and just one short Essay).
Director
Director
Send PM
Felix85 wrote:

BTW: Some days after the decisions were published; I received an E-Mail encouraging me to apply for an MEng. Degree. Did anybody else get a similar E-Mail? I mean it’s not exactly what I am looking for... But if this indicates that I have good chances to grab a seat (no additional application fee, no interview, and just one short Essay).

I got an email encouraging me to apply for a Supply Chain Management Masters. I'm not going to apply because that's not my career interest.
BSchool Forum Moderator
Affiliations: SPG Platinum, Southwest A-List
Own Kudos [?]: 93 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.56
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
I also got the Supply Chain Management Masters email. Btw, I've added all recent posters to the list.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: International Business, General Management
WE:Analyst (Venture Capital)
Send PM
Add me to the list for now. I love Sloan, but we'll see how long I have the temperament to wait it out given movement seems to happen in May at the earliest.
BSchool Forum Moderator
Affiliations: SPG Platinum, Southwest A-List
Given Kudos: 24
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.56
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
chromium73 wrote:
Add me to the list for now. I love Sloan, but we'll see how long I have the temperament to wait it out given movement seems to happen in May at the earliest.

You got it! BTW, congrats on all the admits!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey Folks,
did some of you already send in an update?
I mean to be honest... I don't expect my employee to "promote" me in any way, now that everybody knows that I will leave the Company within the next 6 month.
What about you?
I will write a thank-you-note, similar to the one after the interview, to enhance my ongoing interested in the program. In End Jan – Mid Feb I want to send a personal statement why I am the right guy for the program and hopefully I can come up with some unheard success stories ;)

So, now that we are sort of the left-overs... Did anyone do some math / stats on how good our chances are?
I remember that in the application tread People tried to calculate / speculate quite detailed how high the chances are to get accepted after an interview... But on the Waitlist, I hardly have any reliable numbers present... Would be fun to know, anyways ;)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.33
WE:Analyst (Health Care)
Send PM
Please add me to the list as well. Did anyone see a chat transcript come out for the post 12/20 waitlisted candidates?
Director
Director
Send PM
Felix85 wrote:
Hey Folks,
did some of you already send in an update?
I mean to be honest... I don't expect my employee to "promote" me in any way, now that everybody knows that I will leave the Company within the next 6 month.
What about you?
I will write a thank-you-note, similar to the one after the interview, to enhance my ongoing interested in the program. In End Jan – Mid Feb I want to send a personal statement why I am the right guy for the program and hopefully I can come up with some unheard success stories ;)

So, now that we are sort of the left-overs... Did anyone do some math / stats on how good our chances are?
I remember that in the application tread People tried to calculate / speculate quite detailed how high the chances are to get accepted after an interview... But on the Waitlist, I hardly have any reliable numbers present... Would be fun to know, anyways ;)

The thing about waitlists at any school is that it's different each year. For Sloan, a couple years ago, Sloan took no one because the class was oversubscribed. Last year, though, Sloan took a few people. I also remember reading an old transcript with Jen Barba where she said five or six years ago, Sloan took 50. It all depends on the yield each year.

Let's hope this year that it's more rather than less people.
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Expert Reply
missxmelon wrote:
Ward2012 wrote:
Felix85 wrote:

I got an email encouraging me to apply for a Supply Chain Management Masters. I'm not going to apply because that's not my career interest.

I also got the Supply Chain Management Masters email. Btw, I've added all recent posters to the list.

FYI -- MIT sends the SCM info out every year in recent history, to both waitlisted and dinged folks. If you're interested in the Masters in SCM, go for it (you likely have a good shot), but it seems most people who have already thrown their hat in the ring will probably wait it out for the MBA golden ticket.

MIT is notorious for sending spam-like emails such as these. When you applied, you likely kept the box checked for "send me additional info about programs/clubs/etc that might apply to me"; you'll regret checking that box when you get the weekly MIT newsletter and you really just want the "Welcome to Sloan" email.
Director
Director
Send PM
mfs304 wrote:
Please add me to the list as well.

Added.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Hey folks,

Happy New Year to you all. :woohoo Hope 2014 makes all your dreams (u know which ones I am talking about 8-) ) come true.

Question: What is the latest date by which I should send in updates for them to be considered in R2 app pool? Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V42
GPA: 3.73
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
hannible1357 wrote:
Hey folks,

Happy New Year to you all. :woohoo Hope 2014 makes all your dreams (u know which ones I am talking about 8-) ) come true.

Question: What is the latest date by which I should send in updates for them to be considered in R2 app pool? Thanks!

I believe in the 2012 transcript it said the latest is two weeks before the decisions for R2 are released.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
Send PM
centralking wrote:
hannible1357 wrote:
Hey folks,

I believe in the 2012 transcript it said the latest is two weeks before the decisions for R2 are released.

Thanks CentralKing. But, I think I should mention that I have been waitlisted without an interview. So, first I need to take action to atleast get interviewed. If I send in updates 2 weeks before the R2 decisions, then that really wouldn't help in my interview chances as it will be too late to be considered with the R2 applicants by then?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I remember something around mid Jan!
Pretty early for my consideration, but that's the time when they start (!) to evaluate who to invite.

Please correct me if I am mistaken...
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6922 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts