Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 08:38 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 08:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 25
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V36
GMAT 2: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.4
WE:Marketing (Transportation)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GPA: 3.73
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.57
WE:Sales (Other)
Send PM
Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink]
AlexInter wrote:
mukakucing wrote:
For those who did their interview through skype, how long was it?

My interview was about 45 minutes (30 minutes we discussed my CV and profile and then I asked my questions).

On a separate note, for those who are still waiting: the AdCom told me that they are still reviewing lots of applications and the final deadline can be extended by one week. Btw, I got my interview invitation just several days ago.

Thanks for sharing. I almost lose hope now.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.77
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
TheStrategist wrote:
qw1981 wrote:

For fellow Indian folks -

On Beat The Gmat Cornell page, an Indian had also posted that she had received an invite around 10th Jan. Remains the only Indian applicant in this round to have posted such a news.

I am an Indian passport holder and received my 1-year MBA interview invitation about ten days ago. I am interviewing on campus next week. Anyone planning to go to Sage Social?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
jayakalyanteja wrote:
prodizy wrote:
Poll for Round 2 interview invites. Please vote.

cornell-round-2-interview-invites-166522.html

Thanks,
Prodizy

I put my vote. I wish there was an option with "No and not hopeful" ! It's just two weeks away from decision date and there is absolutely no word from the school.

Same here :cry:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [1]
Given Kudos: 24
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
WE:Project Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
This is completely anecdotal, and the current students who applied and were admitted last year can probably weigh on this (highwyre and cobrakai come to mind), but I had heard that last year the admissions team switched to a new system and platform, which resulted in delays that prevented them from meeting the notification deadline for interviews and for notifications. I don't know if they're having similar issues this year, as I hadn't heard of any people who were notified for R1 after the R1 notification deadline.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools: Yale '16 (A)
Send PM
Just got an interview invite. It seems like they are still sending a lot of interviews this week. Good luck!!

BTW....
The email says I need to call or email them to schedule an interview... Does anyone have any idea the interviews have been fully scheduled to which day?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey guys,

This is a really good day. I already got an interview invites today as well. I am an applicant from SEA.

Anyway, as tsingqq mentioned, I need to call or send an email to them to schedule an interview. Its strange that they dont even mentioned Skype interview in the email. I will just ask them.

Anyway, good luck guys. Don't lose hope yet.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [1]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GPA: 3.73
Send PM
Kudos
I am an applicant from SEA as well. Got the invite last Friday and was told to quickly schedule an interview date within the next 2 weeks. The email did mention that Skype interview is available, so I scheduled (via email) a Skype interview for this Wednesday.

Good luck!

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [2]
Given Kudos: 48
Concentration: Nonprofit, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.4
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Kudos
Was looking through my old notes and came across some items I jotted down during a Johnson financial aid online chat. Thought I'd share in case it's useful:

• Park Fellowship: 2-year, full tuition award.
  • 30% of students receive some type of aid ranging from 5k-full ride. Avg is 12k.
  • No formal work study program, but some students work for departments on an hourly basis. 2nd year students can work as TAs (also counts as academic credit).
  • Small loan forgiveness fund for nonprofit work, only subsidize one alum/year. Robust loan forgiveness for entrepreneurship, though.
  • One scholarship weekend per round; around 25 students invited to each scholarship weekend; invitees "interview" with professors and adcom members mostly for park fellowship, but all attendees will receive a substantial scholarship one way or the other
  • Not being invited to scholarship weekend does not mean you won't get $$; it will prob be a smaller amount, though

Also, someone from the admissions office told me that they were "very optimistic" about releasing all decisions on feb 5. Who knows what that really means, though!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 59
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Supply Chain Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
mbamyway wrote:
Also, someone from the admissions office told me that they were "very optimistic" about releasing all decisions on feb 5. Who knows what that really means, though!

Nice. So, this puts all speculations about missing decision deadlines to rest.
Any Indian R2 applicants received interview invites yet? (fulltime MBA program)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 720 Q45 V44
GPA: 3.45
WE:Operations (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Kudos
mbamyway wrote:
Was looking through my old notes and came across some items I jotted down during a Johnson financial aid online chat. Thought I'd share in case it's useful:

• Park Fellowship: 2-year, full tuition award.
  • 30% of students receive some type of aid ranging from 5k-full ride. Avg is 12k.
  • No formal work study program, but some students work for departments on an hourly basis. 2nd year students can work as TAs (also counts as academic credit).
  • Small loan forgiveness fund for nonprofit work, only subsidize one alum/year. Robust loan forgiveness for entrepreneurship, though.
  • One scholarship weekend per round; around 25 students invited to each scholarship weekend; invitees "interview" with professors and adcom members mostly for park fellowship, but all attendees will receive a substantial scholarship one way or the other
  • Not being invited to scholarship weekend does not mean you won't get $$; it will prob be a smaller amount, though

I wasn't invited to the scholarship weekend, but I received a better than average award. So don't lose hope if you don't get an invitation to the weekend.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Laksh2013 wrote:
mbamyway wrote:

Nice. So, this puts all speculations about missing decision deadlines to rest.
Any Indian R2 applicants received interview invites yet? (fulltime MBA program)

For me, I got an interview invite yesterday (28 Jan), and they allowed me in schedule an interview within 2 weeks. So, I am quite sure that they will miss the deadline in my case.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
Send PM
I just received an interview invitation yesterday too (9.30am EST). And yes, they encourage the candidate to schedule the interview within 2 weeks. Is there any benefit of interviewing before the deadline (5 Feb)? The adcom did mention that if the interview is after 5 Feb, the result will be released on a rolling basis.

By the way, I'm an international applicant from SEA. So I think the interview invitations will continue to be out this week. Don't worry too much!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V37
Send PM
schen1119 wrote:
This is completely anecdotal, and the current students who applied and were admitted last year can probably weigh on this (highwyre and cobrakai come to mind), but I had heard that last year the admissions team switched to a new system and platform, which resulted in delays that prevented them from meeting the notification deadline for interviews and for notifications. I don't know if they're having similar issues this year, as I hadn't heard of any people who were notified for R1 after the R1 notification deadline.

Hey man, thanks for the comforting words to prospective students :)
This is a very stressful time for everybody.
I don't think they switched the system recently, because a prospective student just pasted his application status on my email and it looked pretty much what I had last year.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GMAT 1: 710 Q42 V47
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Got the email yesterday. Was a tad worried but now have to focus on interview. For those still worrying, don't lose hope because I get the feeling February 5th is not a hard deadline for them.

Originally posted by glendale1986 on 29 Jan 2014, 10:41.
Last edited by glendale1986 on 29 Jan 2014, 10:56, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Healthcare, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V36
GPA: 3.55
WE:Science (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
glendale1986 wrote:
Got the call yesterday. Was a tad worried but now have to focus on interview. For those still worrying, don't lose hope because I get the feeling February 5th is not a hard deadline for them.

May I ask when did you receive the interview call?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GMAT 1: 710 Q42 V47
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
gabriel1984 wrote:
glendale1986 wrote:
Got the call yesterday. Was a tad worried but now have to focus on interview. For those still worrying, don't lose hope because I get the feeling February 5th is not a hard deadline for them.

May I ask when did you receive the interview call?

Thanks!

It was actually an e-mail. Either way, I got it yesterday morning. Someone last week said that they had been told by admissions that a lot of apps were still being reviewed. That would not be surprising considering the rising stature of the Johnson MBA.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V42
Send PM
Had my interview today..Skype with an adcom member...went for about 30 mins of which 20 mins might be the formal interview and 10 mins of general talk about Johnson...The adcom member said she had my CV and notes from the person who read my application. Questions that I recall-
/Tell me something interesting about yourself that is not on your CV
/Career progression after graduation
/A difficult team situation I had to face and what I did
/Why MBA? Here she specifically asked me to explain in detail about the kind of firms I plan to target for my job search, what they do, etc etc. I am planning to do a 2-month internship in May with one of my target firms (they are my clients currently) so she asked if I would like to return to them.
/Why Johnson? Other schools I had applied to and why?
/Any questions for her...
It was a pleasant experience and she was taking notes throughout. Hope it helps...
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  37   38   39   40   41   42   43  ...  59   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts