Last visit was: 10 Jun 2024, 03:32 It is currently 10 Jun 2024, 03:32
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V34
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 1186
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Consulting (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink]
Anymore off-campus interviews in London? I submitted my app on 7th Jan but have not heard yet..should I be worried?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM

Originally posted by v4runc00l on 31 Jan 2014, 14:44.
Last edited by v4runc00l on 02 Feb 2014, 09:21, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
Received an e-mail saying that "We currently do not have an available interviewer in your area. Consequently, we are waiving your interview requirement so as not to delay the submission or processing of your application". I hope this doesn't mean that their not interested in my application.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Aakanksha: Mishra
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 2.9
WE:Other (Retail)
Send PM
nikhilgandhi wrote:
Received my off-campus interview invite last night. From NCR, India and applied on the 6th January

Hi Nikhil

What is your profile?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Kellogg Super Bowl Advertising Review 2014

Kellogg Professors Derek Rucker and Tim Calkins at the 10th Annual Kellogg Super Bowl Advertising Review.

All eyes were on the Super Bowl Sunday night at Kellogg School – at least on the ads. About 50 students packed a room to participate the 10th annual Super Bowl Advertising Review, scoring each commercial according to the ADPLAN Framework developed by Professors Tim Calkins and Derek Rucker.

The event gave participants some laughs, some groans and a new perspective:

This is a unique experience – one I knew I wanted to be a part of, even before I arrived at Kellogg. Commercials have always been my favorite part of the Super Bowl, so I was excited to look at the ads clinically with other likeminded people. I’ve always enjoyed ads for entertainment value but now I’m really looking at whether they forward the brand and if I’m going to remember the company that made them. The Ad Review is the best type of experiential learning – it’s very relevant, very real-time. This is going to carry me through to any marketing roles I have in the future.

First-half favorites: Jimmy Johns, Sonos and the Bud Light series. (It hooked me on the second ad.)

— Jordana Cohen ’15

The Super Bowl Advertising Review is one of those Kellogg traditions that’s special, unique and memorable. You have an opportunity to apply academic rigor to something you usually don’t think about in that sense. It’s also energizing to interact with other classmates that are really into this event, who plan to put their career into marketing. This year, I liked that some of the companies went the emotional route, like Cheerios and Chevrolet. For me, the ads that scored highest were the ones that captured my attention and demonstrated their product and its value. Beats with Ellen DeGeneres was smart, for example, and it showed viewers how this new service works.

First-half favorites: Cheerios, Chevrolet and Beats

— Mitch Colgan ’14

This is the perfect time of year to be a marketing enthusiast at Kellogg. We’ve had back-to-back CMO speakers, the Marketing Conference and now the Ad Review. There’s an energy and excitement to the review because it’s all happening in real time. You can discuss the commercials with your classmates, the professors and the dean, which makes it even more of a rich experience. I actually wrote about the ad review in the “Why Kellogg” essay in my application. I wanted to be a part of this, and I’m on Cloud 9. I’ve found the ads this year to be so much more emotional and sentimental. Plus, there seems to be a lot more celebrity power – from Ellen DeGeneres to Arnold Schwarzenegger.

First-half favorites: M&Ms, Volkswagen, Microsoft, Pistachios (Colbert!)

— Jasmine Lipford ’15

Filed under: Business Insight, Student Life Tagged: Advertising, Kellogg Super Bowl Advertising Review, KSMAdRev, marketing, Super Bowl
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 159 [0]
Given Kudos: 96
Send PM
nikhilgandhi wrote:
Received my off-campus interview invite last night. From NCR, India and applied on the 6th January

Many congrats :thumbup: ... Do share your profile.... please do put up your interview debrief once you're done...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GPA: 3.6
WE:Sales (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Had my On Campus interview on Friday. As many people have reported, the interview is very conversational and there were no surprises. My interviewer did a great job of asking for more detail based on my responses.

One pleasant surprise for On Campus interview is that they simply have a sign-up sheet when you walk in for a campus tour, lunch with students, class visit, etc... you don't have to plan in advance and can see how you feel to determine if you want to attend those events. I always try learn about the experience of current students, and it gives you an opportunity to meet your potential future classmates as well.

Good luck everyone!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
WE:Other (Retail)
Send PM
nikhilgandhi wrote:

Hey..first of all Congratulations on the invite..and all the best for it.. just wanted to cross check if you applied for an off campus in India or US? your profile says location : US.

Has anyone else got off campus interview invite in India? I applied on the 5th, haven't heard from the school as yet. Don't they interview EVERYONE?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [1]
Given Kudos: 15
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
GPA: 3.6
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Kudos
Hey all,

I had my interview this weekend and figured I would post my experience in case it could be helpful to someone else. It was very conversational. I interviewed off campus with an alum who graduated two years ago so she was close in age and able to provide a lot of interesting feedback about Kellogg and her experience. Questions included things like Walk me through your resume, Why MBA, Why now, Why Kellogg, What clubs will you be involved in, Tell me about your leadership style with an example, Tell me about a time you led a team through a challenge, Where else are you applying, Is Kellogg your top choice, etc. It lasted a little over an hour and that included my questions for her. She came with a list of questions already written out and took notes throughout the conversation. Overall, it was a very conversational tone and was a pleasant experience. Best of luck to you all!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 1186
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Consulting (Telecommunications)
Send PM
adimitl86 wrote:
nikhilgandhi wrote:

Hey..first of all Congratulations on the invite..and all the best for it.. just wanted to cross check if you applied for an off campus in India or US? your profile says location : US.

Has anyone else got off campus interview invite in India? I applied on the 5th, haven't heard from the school as yet. Don't they interview EVERYONE?

Same bucket here man..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.92
Send PM
Does anyone have familiarity with the MMM program acceptance? I applied to the MMM program and am interested about what happens if I am not accepted. Can I still be considered for the regular Kellogg MBA program?

Kelogg's MMM is one of a kind - if I can't get in, I would still put Kellogg's regular MBA on par with many other MBA programs to which I applied. All of which are just the regular programs. I would hate to miss a chance at a Kellogg MBA if the MMM program does not view me as a fit.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
Send PM
adimitl86 wrote:
nikhilgandhi wrote:

Hi Nikhil

Congratulations on ur interview call.

Could u pls confirm if u currently reside in India ?

I just got a mail from Kellogg saying "Thank you for requesting an alumni interview. We currently do not have an available interviewer in your area. Consequently, we are waiving your interview requirement so as not to delay the submission or processing of your application

@All - Has anyone else from India received this mail ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.7
WE:Operations (Consulting)
Send PM
Ah- got a confirmation from Kellogg saying the interview is waived- have a bad feeling about this! Anyone from R1 who had their interviews waived and still made it through? Based out of India.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 159 [0]
Given Kudos: 96
Send PM
MT88 wrote:
adimitl86 wrote:
nikhilgandhi wrote:

Hi Nikhil

Congratulations on ur interview call.

Could u pls confirm if u currently reside in India ?

I just got a mail from Kellogg saying "Thank you for requesting an alumni interview. We currently do not have an available interviewer in your area. Consequently, we are waiving your interview requirement so as not to delay the submission or processing of your application

@All - Has anyone else from India received this mail ?

Got the mail early this morning
"Thank you for requesting an alumni interview. We currently do not have an available interviewer in your area. Consequently, we are waiving your interview requirement so as not to delay the submission or processing of your application."

Getting a real **** feeling :( ... I am under the impression that Kellogg interviews everyone that it admits... Guess its a ding.... Anyone with any information that proves otherwise???

Though I wonder.... Why send this out at all... Why not just wait till the decision deadline and then send a ding... Maybe they're trying to break it in slowly....
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Strategy, Organizational Behavior
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.7
WE:Programming (Investment Banking)
Send PM
potdarpushkar wrote:
Ah- got a confirmation from Kellogg saying the interview is waived- have a bad feeling about this! Anyone from R1 who had their interviews waived and still made it through? Based out of India.

I have the same question!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Does a Skype interview come after a waiver? That is, do they read our applications after they decide to waive it and then decide to move forward with a Skype interview?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 279 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Just received my interview waiver email from Kellogg. I am based out of Bangalore, India. From what I have read, I don't think this is a negative thing, if we receive a Skype interview invite later on. But if we don't, that will be a bad situation.

Maybe people admitted from R1 can comment on this.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  62   63   64   65   66  ...  85   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6957 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts