Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 08:44 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 08:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
WE:Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
Re: Haas EWMBA Class of 2017 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
WL wrote:
orangerie wrote:
WL wrote:
WL too... I guess I have to submit my Anderson deposit now...

Are you going to stay on Haas' WL or withdraw?

I am thinking to still stay on the Haas waitlist and work on GMAT again, since my GMAT is relatively low....

But Anderson is due mid April... I don't wanna lose it.

It will be a tough decision. I hope I can become admitted from Haas someday since I am in bay area. But it also means $1500 is gone~~~~~

You might want to check with Anderson. They will sometimes wait for the deposit till you hear back from Haas. I know they did that last year for a few people.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
@ 2timesACharm
Thanks a lot for sharing this information.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [2]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Kudos
flyerrhappy wrote:
alis wrote:
I got the call today and am in, R2.

Debating between Haas and Wharton EMBA...I had thought there was no question I would accept Haas' offer, but I'm not completely sure now. The woman from Haas who called today was really unenthusiastic, and was borderline snippy at one point. I was soooo so excited on the phone, and it was kind of a let down to hear the news from someone with zero excitement. I could could picture her reading off a script with a truly bored look on her face. In contrast, when I talked to the person from Wharton, I called her back (I first missed her call and she left me a vmail asking to call her) she knew instantly who I was when she answered and was incredibly excited to deliver the news. I know this sounds silly, but it does make a difference!!

Good luck to all those still waiting. Fingers crossed for you!

I would be more interested in the comparison between HAAS EWMBA and Wharton SF EMBA more.. Anyone has insight?

Wharton has a very close knit community in a pretty awesome location in SF. It's a much smaller group of people for their program, and the format is different. The people for their program tend to fly in from much further locations (They had one person flying in from Tokyo this year, although I believe he dropped out part way through the year). Average age is older than the EWMBA folks.

The EWMBA is every week for 3 years. So, obviously a bigger commitment. The advantage is that you are on campus and can make connections with both the part time and full time programs. You can join all the same clubs that the full time people can join and you're eligible for on campus recruiting and internships. As far as I'm concerned, it's as close as you're going to get to the full time experience without quitting your job. If your job is flexible enough, you can attend most of the events the full time people go to.

It all depends on what you want to get out of an MBA. They're both great programs and we have mixers between the two occasionally. Like I said though, it's down to personal choice.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Send PM
WL wrote:
orangerie wrote:
WL wrote:
WL too... I guess I have to submit my Anderson deposit now...

Are you going to stay on Haas' WL or withdraw?

I am thinking to still stay on the Haas waitlist and work on GMAT again, since my GMAT is relatively low....

But Anderson is due mid April... I don't wanna lose it.

It will be a tough decision. I hope I can become admitted from Haas someday since I am in bay area. But it also means $1500 is gone~~~~~

I know it's rough, but $1500 isn't huge in the grand scheme of how much you're paying for an MBA. One of the people in my cohort this year got admitted off the WL in July. So, it's possible to get off the WL pretty late in the game.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi All,

I have an interview with Linda next week and I am wondering if anyone had an interview with her too. If so, can you please share your experience, questions asked and how did it go? thank you for your help in advance.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Got the "you are admitted" call on Thursday. R2 applicant. See you guys on Apr 17. Is there a facebook group for EWMBA class of 17 yet?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
packet82 wrote:
flyerrhappy wrote:
alis wrote:

Debating between Haas and Wharton EMBA...I had thought there was no question I would accept Haas' offer, but I'm not completely sure now. The woman from Haas who called today was really unenthusiastic, and was borderline snippy at one point. I was soooo so excited on the phone, and it was kind of a let down to hear the news from someone with zero excitement. I could could picture her reading off a script with a truly bored look on her face. In contrast, when I talked to the person from Wharton, I called her back (I first missed her call and she left me a vmail asking to call her) she knew instantly who I was when she answered and was incredibly excited to deliver the news. I know this sounds silly, but it does make a difference!!

I would be more interested in the comparison between HAAS EWMBA and Wharton SF EMBA more.. Anyone has insight?

Wharton has a very close knit community in a pretty awesome location in SF. It's a much smaller group of people for their program, and the format is different. The people for their program tend to fly in from much further locations (They had one person flying in from Tokyo this year, although I believe he dropped out part way through the year). Average age is older than the EWMBA folks.

The EWMBA is every week for 3 years. So, obviously a bigger commitment. The advantage is that you are on campus and can make connections with both the part time and full time programs. You can join all the same clubs that the full time people can join and you're eligible for on campus recruiting and internships. As far as I'm concerned, it's as close as you're going to get to the full time experience without quitting your job. If your job is flexible enough, you can attend most of the events the full time people go to.

It all depends on what you want to get out of an MBA. They're both great programs and we have mixers between the two occasionally. Like I said though, it's down to personal choice.

Thanks, I appreciate your thoughts!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Send PM
I'm a R2 WL

Question for R1 WLs who got Admitted in R2 - besides replying to the email and accepting the WL, did you send any additional material?
If yes, could you please share:
1) if you submitted a new essay, recommendation, GMAT score, other?
2) any crucial information from past WL candidates that might have helped your application?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
basso25 wrote:
debating between kellogg pt and ewmba (got into both); any quick tips/recommendations, guys???

It definitely depends on what you want to study in B school. Like I know Kellogg is huge in marketing. Haas would be best for energy and technology. (Just two areas that I am aware of).

Also note that at Berkeley we would be able to take part in on campus recruiting while at Kellogg you can't. There is much more flexibility in general with career management options at Berkeley than at Kellogg. But both are excellent.

Source of info: I have a few friends who went to Berkeley or Kellogg part time.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
alis wrote:

Again, congrats alis!!! I hear you - the Wharton admit call was really exciting and enthusiastic. Sorry to hear about the tone of your Haas call. Mine was excited but not to the same level as the Wharton call. I can understand how you may feel like it makes a difference.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
unbounded wrote:
Received my call today. A call that was 3 years, 5 application rounds and 8 rejects in the making.

Many congratulations!!!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
flyerrhappy wrote:
alis wrote:

Same. Would love more insights!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
packet82 wrote:
flyerrhappy wrote:
alis wrote:

Thank you, packet82, for your thoughts. I am going through the same decision process and it's good to hear this from a current student.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Technology, General Management
Send PM
sophie07 wrote:
basso25 wrote:
debating between kellogg pt and ewmba (got into both); any quick tips/recommendations, guys???

It definitely depends on what you want to study in B school. Like I know Kellogg is huge in marketing. Haas would be best for energy and technology. (Just two areas that I am aware of).

Also note that at Berkeley we would be able to take part in on campus recruiting while at Kellogg you can't. There is much more flexibility in general with career management options at Berkeley than at Kellogg. But both are excellent.

Going by the Kellogg website... I think Kellogg PT MBA students can take part in the On campus recruiting.... but not sure what the eligibility criteria they are referring to. I believe it could be if the students are not sponsored by the employer. Not sure.
https://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/pro ... urces.aspx
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Send PM
Kris2013EWPTMBA wrote:
sophie07 wrote:
basso25 wrote:

Going by the Kellogg website... I think Kellogg PT MBA students can take part in the On campus recruiting.... but not sure what the eligibility criteria they are referring to. I believe it could be if the students are not sponsored by the employer. Not sure.
https://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/pro ... urces.aspx

When I was looking at schools last year, Kellogg wouldn't let part time students do anything with campus recruiting unless they got a letter from their employer allowing them to do it. Effectively this meant no one got access. It looks like they might have changed that this year though.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Send PM
Got a call last Thursday (Apr 3). Hope to see all of you on Apr 17th.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Just accepted the offer and made the payment. Anyone living in the city and want to hang out during the week, pm me..

Also, does anyone know if an FB page has been created already for the admits?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25  ...  28   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts