Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 09:53 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 09:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Schools: Booth '16 (S)
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 197 [2]
Given Kudos: 145
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE:Corporate Finance (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
Kudos

Goodbye gbrooks6687, HELLO GrantMeAdmission!

I just wanted to let everyone know (for those that follow my posts etc or that care) I am retiring my old username! Looking forward to applying next year!

Also check out my new blog!
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10021 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
GrantMeAdmission wrote:

Goodbye gbrooks6687, HELLO GrantMeAdmission!

I just wanted to let everyone know (for those that follow my posts etc or that care) I am retiring my old username! Looking forward to applying next year!

Also check out my new blog!

Hi Gbrooks,

Sorry, It will take some time to get used to your new username. :P

I have added your blog in our "Directory of MBA Applicant's blogs", so henceforth whenever you make any new post on your blog, it will automatically be re-posted on the GMATClub.

I would also like to appeal to all MBA applicants/current students who have their blogs and are interested in featuring them on GMATClub, Please PM me the link of your blog. We are happy to feature your blog on GMATClub.

Thank You!

Narenn
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 197 [1]
Send PM
Kudos

Final Report

Didn't forecast as close as I would have liked (R2 & R3 were brutal). Anyway, I am pretty sure I will not be able to come off of the waitlist, so I am ramping up my B-School application efforts on my blog (www.grantmeadmission.com), and I hope you all will follow me on my journey. This was a nice "practice year" as I only applied to Tuck. Next year will hopefully be more fun with 4-6 schools!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 58 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
FROM Tuck Admissions Blog: Application Advice: Becoming a T’16

Jacob Crandall, a future T'16, grew up in Buffalo, NY and attended Case Western Reserve University, graduating with a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering.  Upon graduation he worked at Newry Corp., a small consulting firm in Cleveland focusing on helping industrial and CPG clients develop growth strategies for new and existing products.  He currently leads a strategic planning and analytics group in the Global Procurement organization at Deutsche Bank in New York City.  At Tuck, he plans to participate in the Tuck Student Consulting Services, Tuck Wine Society, and of course, Tripod Hockey amongst many other things.

As I reflect on the past year and my journey to becoming a T’16 (Class of 2016, in Tuckie vernacular), there are a few pieces of advice I would give to prospective students who are in the same place that I was at about this time last year.

Start Early.  I know this may seem pretty obvious, but it is a point that shouldn’t be taken lightly.  Whether it be studying for the GMAT (if you haven’t taken it already), starting to identify potential recommenders, or researching programs where you think you might apply, the earlier you start, the less stressed you will be when you are submitting your applications.  One of the activities I found most helpful was to visit each program that I was considering applying to – before I actually submitted an application – which I would not have been able to do without quite a bit of time before applying…which brings me to my next piece of advice…

Do Your Research.  Through the application process, it may seem like each school is reviewing your entire life, but remember that it is just as important that you “interview” each program as well.  This is going to be 2 years (or 1 year in some cases) of your life that you are putting into an MBA, and it will also greatly impact the path you take for many years to come.  Although I spent a good amount of time talking with alumni and students at each program I applied to, I wish I had done more.  That being said, one of the key differentiators for Tuck in my mind was that I was able to experience the Tuck network when I was just a prospective student.  I always had responses from Tuckies I emailed within 24-48 hours who were more than happy to spend an hour telling me about their time at Tuck, and show interest in my background as well.  These conversations are also helpful to help determine if you would “fit” with the people that will become your network, which brings me to my final point…

Pick The Program Where You Feel Comfortable.  When I originally started talking to people in my network who had gone to business school about selecting a program, they would always say “pick the program that is a good fit.”  I always thought this sounded a bit cliché, but as I learned more about each program, and spoke with students and alumni I realized that it’s actually a very good piece of advice.  Each program has its own unique culture that is made up of a wide variety of factors such as its location, size, teaching methods, etc.  I found that for myself (and my fiancé who is coming to Tuck as a TP’16 or Tuck Partner), we came to love Tuck very quickly, and found its close-knit, collaborative culture (which includes partners of Tuck students in many cases) to be the one where we felt the most comfortable.  I would compare the feeling to one where when meeting someone for the first time (or maybe a few times), and you just feel like you’re going to be great friends – that’s the way I felt about Tuck.

I hope some of these suggestions are helpful as you approach your path to attending a Top MBA program like Tuck.  I am very much looking forward to this summer as I will continue to get to know many of my future classmates through informal get-togethers in NYC and the pre-term trips like Outward Bound and trips to Nicaragua and Peru.  I know that Tuck was the right choice for me, and I hope that as you take your journey toward selecting an MBA program, you find the right fit for you as well.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 58 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
FROM Tuck Admissions Blog: Tuck’s Essay Questions for 2014 - 2015
A bonus for our blog readers: an advanced look at this year’s essay questions! The Tuck application will go live later this summer, but you can get a head start in preparing to tell us your story. I’ll point out the obvious: we have two required essays instead of three. Otherwise, the changes are limited.

Remember, the essays are your opportunity to share with us who you are beyond the numbers and the resume, so reflect, take your time, and be genuine. You want to think carefully about your content as well as delivery; you need to communicate clearly and in your voice, not who you think we want you to be; and most importantly, answer the question you are asked.

Essays

Please respond fully but concisely to the following essay questions. There are no right or wrong answers. We encourage applicants to limit the length of their responses to 500 words for each essay. Please double-space your responses.

1. Why is an MBA a critical next step toward your short- and long-term career goals? Why is Tuck the best MBA fit for you and your goals and why are you the best fit for Tuck?

2. Tell us about your most meaningful leadership experience and what role you played. What did you learn about your own individual strengths and weaknesses through this experience?

3. (Optional) Please provide any additional insight or information that you have not addressed elsewhere that may be helpful in reviewing your application (e.g., unusual choice of evaluators, weaknesses in academic performance, unexplained job gaps or changes, etc.). Complete this question only if you feel your candidacy is not fully represented by this application.

4. (To be completed by all reapplicants) How have you strengthened your candidacy since you last applied? Please reflect on how you have grown personally and professionally.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [2]
Given Kudos: 105
Schools: Tuck '16 (M$)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
Kudos
Hey all, just wanted to shamelessly ask for your help. I have been nominated for a ClearAdmit Best of Blogging award! If you found my blog interesting or useful or even frankly ridiculous, I would really appreciate your support.

Voting can be done by following this link, or by tweeting your top three favorites – along with the hashtag #ClearAdmitBoB – to @clearadmit. Voting will conclude on Wednesday, May 28th.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 197 [0]
Send PM
domotron wrote:
Hey all, just wanted to shamelessly ask for your help. I have been nominated for a ClearAdmit Best of Blogging award! If you found my blog interesting or useful or even frankly ridiculous, I would really appreciate your support.

Voting can be done by following this link, or by tweeting your top three favorites – along with the hashtag #ClearAdmitBoB – to @clearadmit. Voting will conclude on Wednesday, May 28th.

You had a great year this year Domo! Congratulations and thanks for taking us on your journey!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Hello Everyone! Just wanted to thank all my gmatclub Tuck friends on the recent success of my new blog Grant Me Admission!

I just had 1,000 views in 10 days! This has been a crazy ride, and it's about to get better!

Also, after 6/6 I will be doing my final applicant forecast reconciliation to understand how we did.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.55
WE:Information Technology (Insurance)
Send PM
othylon wrote:
Waitlisted. My top choice :(

I knew it was coming since I didn't get a call, but I'm not sure what that means since the class is reportedly full to the point that previous round waitlisters were dropped en masse.

Stay on the waitlist if Tuck is really your top choice. I have classmates who were pulled in July/August. If they haven't released you, they are still interested.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.55
WE:Information Technology (Insurance)
Send PM
I submitted my deposit to another school too. I held out and stayed on the wait list for Tuck. I had an apartment picked out and signed a lease in another city. Then I was admitted off of the waitlist and our entire world changed. If you want it, prepare for the worst (going to the place with the scholarship), but hope for the best. It happens sometimes.

othylon wrote:
zombieconsultant wrote:
Waitlisted as well. At least there's still some hope left!

I suppose so, but I think it's the end of the road for me. I have a nice offer (full scholarship) from a teens school that I need to respond to shortly, almost certainly prior to any word from Tuck. I would have given that offer up to go to Tuck, but I can't really give it up for a chance to go to Tuck. Ah well.

Congratulations to those who made it, and best of luck to you zombieconsultant.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Hey guys. Do you know what percentage of students received scholarships? What is the average scholarship amount? What is the average savings people come in with before business school? Are you expected to have paid off your undergraduate student loans prior to enrolling?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Still on the waiting list?

Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72924 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived 'Calling All Tuck Applicants' Topic
Hi there,
You've reached an old 'Calling All Tuck Applicants' discussion which is now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Looking for the latest discussion? Check out this up-to-date Calling All Tuck Applicants Discussion for the most recent conversations on this topic.
Interested in more from this school? Visit our dedicated Tuck Forum to dive into all things related to Tuck's MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78 
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts