Last visit was: 07 Jun 2024, 22:50 It is currently 07 Jun 2024, 22:50
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 90 [2]
Given Kudos: 44
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V50
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 90 [0]
Send PM
Re: INSEAD January 2015 Intake (Class of December 2015) [#permalink]
FreshLimeSoda wrote:
Thanks bizwiz84 for the details of your interview! And I think you are right - as long as you know your story and goals inside out there shouldn't be anything to worry about. It's tough not to feel a little stressed though :D Personally I feel like I'm well prepared, I only hope there are too many 'weird' questions

I have my 2 interviews set up for July 14th and 21st. Can't wait!

Majic - I offered to send my CV and essays to my interviewers, but neither of them asked for it. I feel this is actually an advantage, in that many of your answers can actually come from the essays itself!

I second that! Good luck with the interviews!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Schools: LBS '18 (S)
Send PM
might be a stupid question but what do you guys reckon we should wear to these interviews? Specially if it's on a friday, and the interview is post work in the evening - should I be dressed up in formals with a tie or just my usual friday work attire? (which is smart casual) :S
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
If it was me, I would wear normal Friday attire - if they are dressed to the nine's, my style would probably dictate slipping in a 'oh, we have a casual Friday' policy in there somewhere.... or 'oh, you don't have a casual Friday policy'...?
If you're doing a Friday night beers catch up, I would be SUPER surprised if they expect you to be dressed to the nine's... maybe depends on the seniority level of the interviewer?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Schools: LBS '18 (S)
Send PM
spoke to one of the alums and he said it's better to be over dressed than under - so i'll just stick to a plain shirt and trousers with a jacket. not very friday-ish I know, but I don't want clothes to be the reason for anything going south! ;)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
I have always thought wearing formal wear in these situation was the best way to go. better be overdressed than under-dressed I guess. I wear a suit and tie to work everyday anyway so I guess that does help.

I had both my interviews this week. Alumni based in London. The setting was very relaxed and the interviews were quite conversational. I've interviewed with other schools before and this was by far the most at ease I have felt. There weren't any set questions as you would expect. The discussion just flowed naturally and it was clear that all the interviewers wanted to know is that I was the same person from the application form and that my story and reasons make sense.

Now for the hardest bit, the waiting game.

Anyone know how long after the interviews it takes to get a final answer? I have no nails left.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
absmba wrote:
I have always thought wearing formal wear in these situation was the best way to go. better be overdressed than under-dressed I guess. I wear a suit and tie to work everyday anyway so I guess that does help.

I had both my interviews this week. Alumni based in London. The setting was very relaxed and the interviews were quite conversational. I've interviewed with other schools before and this was by far the most at ease I have felt. There weren't any set questions as you would expect. The discussion just flowed naturally and it was clear that all the interviewers wanted to know is that I was the same person from the application form and that my story and reasons make sense.

Now for the hardest bit, the waiting game.

Anyone know how long after the interviews it takes to get a final answer? I have no nails left.

Thanks for sharing your experience! I've only had one interview so far. I don't wear a suit and tie to work everyday, quite the contrary, people in my company work in jeans! I asked my interviewer in advance if there was a need for me to wear formal clothing on the interview, and he told me there was not. So that was that.

To answer your question, I don't believe you'll hear anything before everyone else because you finished your interviews before the July 25th deadline. You'll probably hear from INSEAD only in early August, since the final decision notification deadline is August 8th.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.8
WE:Business Development (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Done with both interviews. First one with relatively younger Private equity guy( 2006 batch). And second with a senior executive (1992 batch). Both interviews were on similar line and I couldn't observe 'Good Cop/Bad Cop' behavior. However, second interview was much more detailed and focused on my long term aspirations and how INSEAD FIT into it. In general, I enjoyed both interactions.

All the best.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Second interview is out of the way as well. Very relaxed, very conversational. Usual questions, nothing out of the ordinary. What really stood out was the excitement of the interviewer about the school. I got to ask a LOT of questions about the school, academic experience, recruiting experience, life and career after the MBA, it was fun!
In my experience, I didn't feel like the recruiters were instructed to act differently from one another. It seems like they get the same instructions, and it's up to them and their own interviewing styles to be more challenging, go into more details, etc.

So, this closes my INSEAD application. All there's left now are the scholarship application and the wait.

Good luck everyone!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
A quick sanity check.

Scholarship applications must be complete and submitted by midnight Central European Time (GMT+1) on 16 July 2014.
Does this mean by 3 p.m. PST on 16 July 2014 or 3 p.m. PST on 15 July 2014?

Thanks so much.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 90 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
bschoolapplicant14 wrote:
A quick sanity check.

Scholarship applications must be complete and submitted by midnight Central European Time (GMT+1) on 16 July 2014.
Does this mean by 3 p.m. PST on 16 July 2014 or 3 p.m. PST on 15 July 2014?

Thanks so much.

It means the deadline is tomorrow.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Are people using the same stories from their application essays for the scholarship essays? I'm finding it hard to use other stories since the ones I use in the application are (almost by definition) the ones that show I am unique, creative blah blah.

Do you think the scholarship committee reads the full application along with the essays? Or do they just read the scholarship essays?

I realize any answer will be almost pure speculation but I'm interested in what you all think!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 730 Q39 V49
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos
FreshLimeSoda wrote:
Are people using the same stories from their application essays for the scholarship essays? I'm finding it hard to use other stories since the ones I use in the application are (almost by definition) the ones that show I am unique, creative blah blah.

Do you think the scholarship committee reads the full application along with the essays? Or do they just read the scholarship essays?

I realize any answer will be almost pure speculation but I'm interested in what you all think!

Actually, the information present is not speculative.
This what the website states:
The Scholarship Committee will review your scholarship application essays. They will not refer to the admission application essays.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
harshtayal13 wrote:
FreshLimeSoda wrote:

Actually, the information present is not speculative.
This what the website states:
The Scholarship Committee will review your scholarship application essays. They will not refer to the admission application essays.

Oh!

Thanks harshtayal13 for that info. Not sure how I missed that!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Kudos
absmba wrote:

I've now finished both my interviews. I have to say they were both quite tough, but fair. I think it may depend on the industry and seniority of the interviewers how it pans out. My interviewers were both quite senior, one was a Managing Partner of a PE fund he founded, and one was Founder and Chairman of a pretty large FS firm.

Most of the questions were along the lines of those already indicated. With one interviewer I got a lot of push back about whether I should be / needed to be doing an MBA at all, let alone whether I thought INSEAD was the right school, given my career aspirations. It was slightly unsettling, but I put it down to his own experience being at a different time, and having consulted with recent INSEAD grads I have been re-assured.

One interviewer had some set questions, but then quizzed and challenged around those on an ad-hoc basis. The other was more shoot from the hip. One acknowledged that the interviews were just one part of the process and largely about consistency (although it felt like he meant between the two interviews rather than with the admissions essays etc.)

Both interviews were very work focused (experience and future plans) / why MBA with little else on other interests, and neither really asked about my International experiences (which I had always thought had been pretty interesting / key to my application!). One commented that it was probably those experiences that had helped my application stand out, but that was all he had to say on it.

Both lasted exactly one hour, but these guys had busy schedules!

Both gave very insightful and useful advice on a couple of points. Some really good things to take away and think about.

I'm now just scrabbling to finish my Scholarship applications. One down and one to go! I'm tired of writing all these essays ...

Good luck everyone!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
My both interviews were scheduled on Thursday, 17th July...done with both of them within a span of 3 hours.
My experience is not at all different from what has been written again and again earlier...there was no set pattern, no structure as such...we were talking and talking....and discussing about me, my choices, my decisions etc etc...interviewer picked one point or other from my own description of various incidents, and decisions of my life...

and yes, towards the end...WHY MBA? WHY INSEAD? WHY NOW?...these three questions were asked specifically towards the end in both the interviews.

Until start of the interview, you will feel slightly nervous--you cant help it...but the very moment you start talking, all of it will vaporize almost instantaneously...you will feel like you are discussing your carer choices sitting with a friend over a cup of coffee...excellent experience!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Send PM
Once you are done with the two interviews, do you get a notification from your AO that the process has been completed? I understand that the interviewers have to complete a form and send it to the AO, presumably before a certain deadline. Do we not get any further contact until the final decision notification, Aug. 8?
Thanks,
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
PlastMan wrote:
Once you are done with the two interviews, do you get a notification from your AO that the process has been completed? I understand that the interviewers have to complete a form and send it to the AO, presumably before a certain deadline. Do we not get any further contact until the final decision notification, Aug. 8?
Thanks,

I just e-mailed my AO informing her about the completion of both of my interviews later in the evening. She acknowledged back. Rest, I haven't received any further communication from her.
Yes, interviewers have to complete some form and forward the feedback by 26th July.
Even I dont know if the next communication from INSEAD is scheduled for 8th Aug, or there will be pre-dead line e-mails/calls too!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  32   33   34   35   36  ...  62   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6957 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts