Last visit was: 16 May 2024, 06:16 It is currently 16 May 2024, 06:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [1]
Given Kudos: 102
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.35
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
Send PM
Re: Calling All 2015 Consortium Applicants Thread [#permalink]
angelfire213 wrote:
wait, what if you haven't filed your tax return...do you know the deadline for R2?
LazyBoy8 wrote:
I know all of you are thorough so I figure most will have it taken care of, but remember to file you FAFSA soon. I know deadlines for some programs come in the next two weeks depending on when you applied. For instance R1 Consortium applicants to Tuck have a dealine of 3/3 for their FAFSA. Just a quick reminder while it was on my mind.

You can still complete the FAFSA, you would just have to update your information once you get the tax return.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
We have to wait until we are accepted to apply for fasfa right?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
Rosemariecourt wrote:

No definitely not
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Send PM
Rosemariecourt wrote:

No, you can apply now. It takes about 20-30 minutes...you can add up to 10 schools.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [1]
Given Kudos: 68
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 660 Q41 V40
GPA: 3.25
Send PM
Kudos
I've done mine. Make sure you're doing your FAFSA through FAFSA.gov and no other website. You should not be paying a fee to process your FAFSA- it should be free.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GMAT Date: 01-01-2013
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
LazyBoy8 wrote:
Got my first invite to interview and it is from my top choice Tuck. I was balding and graying from stress...hopefully that slows the process some.

Tuck first choice? I think you have potential for much more! even in the area: says, HBS, MIT..... even Kellogg, Booth, etc... I wouldn't recommend Tuck based on some CGSM peeps who visited during winter :/ Anyway, good luck Lazyboy!!!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 34
Send PM
Kudos
tanguito wrote:
LazyBoy8 wrote:
Got my first invite to interview and it is from my top choice Tuck. I was balding and graying from stress...hopefully that slows the process some.

Tuck first choice? I think you have potential for much more! even in the area: says, HBS, MIT..... even Kellogg, Booth, etc... I wouldn't recommend Tuck based on some CGSM peeps who visited during winter :/ Anyway, good luck Lazyboy!!!!!

This comment comes across as a bit dismissive. Tuck is a phenomenal program. I talked to an alum who picked Tuck over GSB. For that matter I talked to someone who picked Tepper over GSB and MIT. Prestige or ranking can't possibly be the most important factor in assessing if a MBA program will help you realize your maximum potential or provide the best MBA experience for you. Even if you want to take a more tangible metric like ROI or average career salary of graduates, it would be dependent on your career goals and industry.

The comment about CGSM peeps is also ambiguous.

Massive achievement getting an interview invite from your top choice.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
tanguito wrote:
LazyBoy8 wrote:

To each his/her own I suppose. The whole "fit" concept really resonates with me. Tuck has far more intimate of a setting than any top quality school and it has a solid focus on personal development and being a teaching program. The professors are top notch it's case study based and has a ton going for it. Why did you opt to apply to Tuck? Have you since changed your mind? Why? I have also applied to MIT outside the consortium which is a fantastic school hell bent on being innovative and disruptive which I think is awesome. Wharton didn't work out but that may have been for the better. Each school I applied to was for a particular good reason. We will see where the chips fall. I'd be very fortunate to land at any of the schools I applied to honestly. In the mean time the stress will continue. Thanks for the feedback.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 660 Q41 V40
GPA: 3.25
Send PM
The anticipation is killing me. So what is next? CGSM decisions are released mid-March, so March 11th maybe? :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
OnePlusOne wrote:
The anticipation is killing me. So what is next? CGSM decisions are released mid-March, so March 11th maybe? :)

Based on prior years' timeline that seems like the exact day that they should start notifying post "draft". Not sure if things changed because of this abnormally harsh winter for some schools.
it would be nice if Yale acknowledged my application before we get to that.
OnePlusOne wrote:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
OnePlusOne wrote:

March 11?! That means in 3 weeks
We will all have our decisions! Doesn't seem like there's much time left for many more invites to go out. Does anyone know when invites stopped coming in last year round2?

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Rosemariecourt wrote:
OnePlusOne wrote:

We will all have our decisions! Doesn't seem like there's much time left for many more invites to go out. Does anyone know when invites stopped coming in last year round2?

Around this time last year the thread went completely dead. There is no indication of hardly any activity. It went from crickets chirping to a bunch of people getting invites starting with Johnson. Still nothing from Yale for me :cry: .

I know certain schools have really gotten hammered in the northeast with the snow. My brother is a professor in Mass. and they have had 4 school closings in the last month.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Just checked previous year. You are right. It was crickets until February 25 when Johnson released their admission decisions. Thats next week! Hopefully the terrible weather in the north has some of these programs a bit delayed.
LazyBoy8 wrote:
Rosemariecourt wrote:
OnePlusOne wrote:

Around this time last year the thread went completely dead. There is no indication of hardly any activity. It went from crickets chirping to a bunch of people getting invites starting with Johnson. Still nothing from Yale for me :cry: .

I know certain schools have really gotten hammered in the northeast with the snow. My brother is a professor in Mass. and they have had 4 school closings in the last month.

yea, i'm thinking yale is a ding for me too. I would have said nobody got an invite or acknowledgement but I think there is one person a couple of pages back who said he was R2 and interviewed...so either those of us on the boards are not very attractive to Yale...or they just don't like CGSM that much.

If they sent invites now, people would literally have a week or two to schedule and their non-cgsm deadline is march 27.

seems like schools must have a good idea of who they want before the invites - some of the interviews are quite close to decision date...ie Sterns diversity date is 2 wks before march 15!.

anyway... i can't wait till we all know where we are going!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Yale can push it to the wire because 1) They have already seen you on video with their mandatory questions we have all (hopefully) completed 2) They do Skype interviews. I am still holding out hope for Yale. I feel my profile matches very much what they are looking for. I hope that would warrant at least an interview. Also, remember the number of applicants is waaay up this year so they may not have been staffed for it. That coupled with school closings would be difficult to manage.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Don't lose hope! But I do know of one person on this forum that said he/she received an invite and two of my associates also received their invites from Yale through CGSM. But someone earlier on this thread mentioned that Yale is still going through applications so keep hope alive!
LazyBoy8 wrote:
Yale can push it to the wire because 1) They have already seen you on video with their mandatory questions we have all (hopefully) completed 2) They do Skype interviews. I am still holding out hope for Yale. I feel my profile matches very much what they are looking for. I hope that would warrant at least an interview. Also, remember the number of applicants is waaay up this year so they may not have been staffed for it. That coupled with school closings would be difficult to manage.

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  27   28   29   30   31   32   33  ...  87   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6929 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts