Last visit was: 03 Jun 2024, 22:27 It is currently 03 Jun 2024, 22:27
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
   1  ...  6   7   8   9   10  ...  44   
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE:Operations (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.83
Send PM
Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]
Hey guys,

I read in last year posts that it's a good sign if a current student or somebody from admissions at Haas contacts you regarding any questions. I was just wondering do the people from Haas contact you if you had any questions that your interviewer could not answer, or they just contact you in general? Does Haas admissions contact back everybody who had a question unanswered by the interviewer?

Thanks!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]
FROM The Berkeley EWMBA Blog: Part-Time MBA ROI: Positioned for a Move to Marketing

Change doesn’t have to be in leaps and bounds. Smaller steps toward career advancement can provide the space to prove yourself. To take your pulse. Lauren Kalette, MBA 15, started her Evening & Weekend MBA studies with the dream of moving from graphic design at Shutterfly into a marketing position—and she is moving toward that MBA ROI. 

“I started talking with the CMO and other director-level people in Marketing about my plans and the courses I was taking,” says Lauren. “That’s something I wouldn’t have done before. My Haas professors and classmates boosted my confidence in my ability to relate with colleagues on that senior level.”

It’s exciting to be identifying and using data points that will help Shutterfly make informed decisions.”

Those conversations led to Lauren being assigned her first a marketing research project on the job. “It’s exciting,“ she says, “to be identifying and using data points that will help Shutterfly make informed decisions.”

A part-time mba course load heavy on marketing electives—Strategic Brand Management, Marketing Research, and Designing & Marketing New Products—prepared her for that project with new insights and an expanded skill set. Haas@Work gave her the opportunity to use her new skills and to be part of a consulting team on a real-world marketing project for Blackhawk Technology related to customer retention.

Lauren is also using her business strategy and leadership skills in her new role of Design Manager. “I’m definitely a hands-on manager. Classes like Negotiations and Power & Politics taught me about the importance of managing your interactions with people, understanding the trade-offs, and seeing the other person’s perspective.”

Lauren continues to expand her own perspectives, and her career prospects. Treks with the Design Innovation & Strategy and Marketing clubs took her inside companies like Frog Design and Eventbrite. She’s also exploring the field of design and innovation consulting. For now, she taking her career forward one step at a time, eager to see what is around the next corner. 

Last year 42 percent of grads from our Evening & Weekend Berkeley MBA Program advanced in their careers, and 42  percent successfully made career changes. (You can read about a career switch in Desirae Early's story of a move to management consulting.)

We invite you to explore these and more reasons to choose Berkeley-Haas. 

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 51
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 4
Send PM
binaryuser01 wrote:
dransa wrote:
Hi Guys,
Just wondering if any of the round 2 applicants seeing their application status changed. I was interviewed on 4th feb and have not seen any change in application status till now.

Nope. Nothing since the interview. It just says "file under review". I think we won't know anything until the decision date. I have heard and read in past forums that if a current students contacts you(cold call), it is a good sign.

My math status has changed to complete. Did any of you receive a call from current student yet ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
WE:Other (Computer Software)
Send PM
Just got called for a second interview (in the same round). Anyone have this happen? I've heard about this in a waitlist situation but not in the same round.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.83
Send PM
mung35 wrote:
Just got called for a second interview (in the same round). Anyone have this happen? I've heard about this in a waitlist situation but not in the same round.

Hi mung35,

That's really interesting. I haven't heard of this happening before. How did your first interview go? At least this shows that they are interested in you. Best of luck for the 2nd interview!

Andy
Intern
Intern
Send PM
andymann wrote:
mung35 wrote:

Hi mung35,

That's really interesting. I haven't heard of this happening before. How did your first interview go? At least this shows that they are interested in you. Best of luck for the 2nd interview!

Andy

mung35... I would like to know the same as well.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.76
WE:Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
mung35 wrote:

They would do so if something in your application isn't clear, i would think about it as another opportunity for you to explain your story to the ad com. Keep us posted and goodluck :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE:Operations (Telecommunications)
Send PM
mung35 wrote:

I had a second interview. It's an opportunity to fill in gaps and tell your story, don't panic. In my situation it was hard for the adcom members to understand what I do in my current role because my company was unknown to them. They want to know more, so tell them more. If they weren't interested you would've got dinged.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Guys,
I am in a bit of a dilemma... My supervisor who was one of my recommenders to HAAS, has quit the organization . Should I communicate this information to the HAAS adcom ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Schools: AGSM '16
Send PM
dransa wrote:
Hi Guys,
I am in a bit of a dilemma... My supervisor who was one of my recommenders to HAAS, has quit the organization . Should I communicate this information to the HAAS adcom ?

It wouldn't hurt to inform them just in case. If you have already completed your application then it isn't likely Haas would need to contact them but you never know.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
WE:Programming (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
Does Kroll also background check your extra curriculars ?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
moreway wrote:
Does Kroll also background check your extra curriculars ?

They don't tell you what they check. I just wouldn't lie anywhere in the application process.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Other, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V33
Send PM
Any R3 applicants on the forum? I just submitted my application yesterday. Keeping fingers crossed :). Any feedback on my profile:

Indian male engineer working in Energy (wholesale power market, non IT) industry.
GMAT 660 (Q49,V33)
GPA 3.67 (MS in electrical engineering, Power systems)
10 years of Energy sector experience
MBA areas of interest: Energy/Entreprenuership.
Strong extracurricular activies in engineering grad school. Good recommendations from current supervisor and previous supervisor. feel good about the essays. I rolled off a major project in Nov 2014 so missed the R2 deadline.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM

Originally posted by timbuktu1 on 18 Mar 2015, 20:57.
Last edited by timbuktu1 on 11 Jun 2015, 22:49, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.75
WE:Consulting (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
Just submitted application, 15 min. before deadline. Good luck everyone!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Does anyone know how Haas converts Indian(%) GPA into a 4.0 based gpa ?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Finance
Send PM
Sam - it looks like there are a few of us in for round 3. Best of luck!

sam271980 wrote:
Any R3 applicants on the forum? I just submitted my application yesterday. Keeping fingers crossed :). Any feedback on my profile:

Indian male engineer working in Energy (wholesale power market, non IT) industry.
GMAT 660 (Q49,V33)
GPA 3.67 (MS in electrical engineering, Power systems)
10 years of Energy sector experience
MBA areas of interest: Energy/Entreprenuership.
Strong extracurricular activies in engineering grad school. Good recommendations from current supervisor and previous supervisor. feel good about the essays. I rolled off a major project in Nov 2014 so missed the R2 deadline.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  6   7   8   9   10  ...  44   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6952 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts