It is currently 12 Dec 2017, 23:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2015, 10:52
Mine still says under review

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 51

Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 4
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2015, 10:53
maalage wrote:
I wonder whether anyone of you were given a business card by your interviewer post the interview - which then can be used to write a 'Thank You' note

Posted from my mobile device

I was given a business card. I used it to write a thank you note.
I applied for round 2 and I attended interview recently.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 4

Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT Date: 05-15-2014

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2015, 11:04
Does anybody know how many additional recommendations can be submitted for waitlist candidates?

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2015, 11:07
gmatgirl001 wrote:
Does anybody know how many additional recommendations can be submitted for waitlist candidates?

I think only one. You can see it in the application system. It showed up there already.. :)

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2015, 11:09
dransa wrote:
maalage wrote:
I wonder whether anyone of you were given a business card by your interviewer post the interview - which then can be used to write a 'Thank You' note

I was given a business card. I used it to write a thank you note.
I applied for round 2 and I attended interview recently.

I was given a biz card without email address on it. Just my interviewer's name and some general HAAS contact info. So I didn't send a thank you letter...

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Concentration: General Management, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 700 Q45 V40
GPA: 3.42
WE: Business Development (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2015, 11:17
If the status report under the Quantitative Proficiency Requirement: College-level Mathematics says "Complete." Does that mean I am waived from the requirement? I didn't get 75% on the quant of the GMAT and was assuming that I would need to take a course or the waiver exam.

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 3

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2015, 12:15
WLed

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 3

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 46 [1], given: 13

Schools: LBS '14 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.9

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2015, 12:50
This post received
KUDOS
epaul49 wrote:
If the status report under the Quantitative Proficiency Requirement: College-level Mathematics says "Complete." Does that mean I am waived from the requirement? I didn't get 75% on the quant of the GMAT and was assuming that I would need to take a course or the waiver exam.

Yes, that's what it means. You may want to check with the admissions committee directly in case you want more info.

Kudos [?]: 46 [1], given: 13

Manager
Manager

Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 4
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2015, 13:25
werfancy wrote:
WLed

In which round did you apply? When were you interviewed ? and how long did it take to reflect the status ?

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2015, 14:42
I was waitlisted and just got a call from their admission office for the 2nd interview. Anyone has the same situation? I didn't know they were doing two interviews. It looks like another blind interview and I'm guessing they are trying to get the 2nd opinion from another interviewer?

1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 16 [1], given: 0

Evening and Weekend MBA Startup Jolts Electric Vehicle Charging [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2015, 17:01
This post received
KUDOS
FROM The Berkeley EWMBA Blog: Evening and Weekend MBA Startup Jolts Electric Vehicle Charging

An MBA startup launched by evening and weekend students aims to send shock waves through the energy storage and electrical vehicle charging industries. Last year it developed a product it hopes will redefine those markets, and within its first year counts Google and LinkedIn among its customers and Nissan and Siemens as strategic partners.

It all started with one self-proclaimed automotive geek. Third-year student Arcady Sosinov moved from Russia at age five, and was soon helping his dad, a Boston taxi driver, with brake repairs and oil changes. By age 11, he was replacing entire auto engines.  Later, he formed a small company to design, manufacture, and sell performance auto parts for BMWs.

Once he arrived at Berkeley-Haas, he took full advantage of the Evening & Weekend Berkeley MBA Program to co-found the automotive startup of his dreams: a company called FreeWire.

FreeWire began in the spring of 2014 when Sosinov and classmate Sameer Mehdiratta and Sanat Kamal Bahl, MBA 14, all met in Steve Blank’s Lean LaunchPad course and realized a synergy: Sosinov had finance and automotive expertise and Mehdiratta and Kamal Bahl had engineering expertise in wireless charging. (Co-founder and classmate Luv Kothari went on to take a position with Bain & Company.) 

The result was a company that aims to transform the electric vehicle (EV) charging market.

Sosinov credits Lean LaunchPad with supplying the foundation and motivation to get FreeWire off the ground. Applying the class methodology of customer discovery and iteration, the FreeWire team conducted 140 face-to-face interviews with potential customers (including large companies that provide workplace EV charging for employees).

As a result, the team pivoted away from wireless EV charging, its original idea, to mobile, grid-smart battery-powered chargers.

“We realized there was not a market yet for wireless charging, but we also discovered a huge pain point for customers: building the costly infrastructure required with workplace EV charging stations,” Sosinov says. Another problem they uncovered was the limited use of stationary charging stations: employees would fail to move their cars during the day to share the stations with others.

FreeWire’s mobile charger, Mobi, which uses second-life EV batteries, solved the problem. “Instead of bringing the vehicles to the charging station, we bring the charger to the vehicles.”

FreeWire raised $425,000 in seed capital and secured a $500,000 grant from the Office of Naval Research, Sosinov reports, adding the company is currently making headway towards its A round goal of $6 to $9 million. While Lean LaunchPad was essential to starting the company, other Berkeley-Haas courses have proved vital along the way, Sosinov says.

The Freewire Founding Team (l. to r.) Sanat Kamal Bahl, Sameer Mediratta, Luv Kothari, and Arcady Soinov 

In the Venture Capital and Private Equity class taught by Terry Opdendyk and Sean Foote, Sosinov learned about financing strategy, and the Entrepreneurship class taught by Kurt Beyer provided a breadth of information on how to run and grow a startup during its first few years.

“Getting those three different perspectives was instrumental,” Sosinov says. “The entrepreneurial spirit at Berkeley-Haas is also incredible, as is the network of people and the connections we’ve made.”

Up next for FreeWire is expansion into the energy storage market as a whole. The company plans to apply its technology to help commercial buildings and utility companies manage energy consumption to dramatically lower costs. It also aims to help residential power users more efficiently use their solar systems.

Sosinov’s advice for other entrepreneurs is two-fold. “I’m a big advocate of the lean startup customer discovery process,” he says.

And for Berkeley-Haas students and alumni: “Use your network. There are Berkeley grads in every dimension of business, technology, and government. Reach out to them because they are always willing to help.”

ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience

Kudos [?]: 16 [1], given: 0

1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 9 [1], given: 0

Concentration: Marketing, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V37
GMAT 2: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.3
WE: Programming (Telecommunications)

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2015, 20:01
This post received
KUDOS
Dinged again in R1. Down but not out, will apply again next year ...
Good luck to all the R1 WLs and the R2 applicants!

Kudos [?]: 9 [1], given: 0

1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 11 [1], given: 7

GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.83
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2015, 13:39
This post received
KUDOS
Hey Maalage, That's a great spirit! Love it.
Your posts have been really helpful for guiding through the process. Thanks and appreciate your help.
Best wishes for next year. Keep up the good work

Kudos [?]: 11 [1], given: 7

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2015, 14:01
gmatgirl001 wrote:
I've exhausted my options for direct supervisors. Some folks, in last few years, have sent recommendation from client/co-worker and got accepted. But I would ask the experts. packet82, maalage can you comment?

I did direct report, previous direct report (now VP), and coworker that I had worked extensively with in a cross functional team role.

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

GMAT Date: 05-15-2014
Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2015, 16:52
Guys, I have a strong hunch that one of my recommender did not give me a good recommendation. Is there any way in which I can neutralize the poor recommendation? I can submit one more recommendation as a waitlisted candidate, but I would like to submit more than 1. Has anybody done that in the past?

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 13

Schools: LBS '14 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.9

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2015, 17:17
maalage wrote:
Dinged again in R1. Down but not out, will apply again next year ...
Good luck to all the R1 WLs and the R2 applicants!

Best of luck!

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 13

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 10

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Operations
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2015, 21:49
May I ask what your feedback session said?

Perhaps I can help, this is my 3rd time applying and I think I got it figured out. It's down to the GMAT for me.

andymann wrote:
Hey Maalage, That's a great spirit! Love it.
Your posts have been really helpful for guiding through the process. Thanks and appreciate your help.
Best wishes for next year. Keep up the good work

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 10

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

WE: Other (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2015, 09:26
Got my invite yesterday but there are no time slots available... :( Anyone else have this issue?

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 2

GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V38

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2015, 09:58
munjalm wrote:
Got my invite yesterday but there are no time slots available... :( Anyone else have this issue?

don't worry, they will release some more soon.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 2

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Entrepreneurship
WE: Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2015, 13:16
gmatgirl001 wrote:
Guys, I have a strong hunch that one of my recommender did not give me a good recommendation. Is there any way in which I can neutralize the poor recommendation? I can submit one more recommendation as a waitlisted candidate, but I would like to submit more than 1. Has anybody done that in the past?

I don't think you can send in more than 1 official recommendation though I was able to convince my manager to send an email to the Admissions office stating how my job function etc had changed while I was on the WL. I think they are pretty open to receiving additional emails/letters and will add it to your file.

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018   [#permalink] 10 Feb 2015, 13:16

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  44    Next  [ 872 posts ] 

Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap