Last visit was: 01 May 2024, 03:47 It is currently 01 May 2024, 03:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT Date: 05-15-2014
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Operations
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Operations
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
GPA: 3.6
WE:General Management (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]
Hi guys,

I submitted my application on 3/18 a few hours before the deadline and I haven't received an invitation to interview yet. Maybe it's because I sent in my transcripts after the 18th?

Anyway, this is the only program I applied to so I hope it works out.

Originally posted by adventuresofyi on 24 Mar 2015, 21:31.
Last edited by adventuresofyi on 16 May 2015, 18:34, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]
timbuktu1 wrote:
Do they review your application without the official transcripts or do the scanned copies suffice ?

They'll review the scanned copies. They just need the official ones to verify that everything is correct.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
prepareforbest wrote:
Hi guys,

I just found a mistake about my graduate time in my application form.
Should I write email to the admission office now or should I wait until interview?
Will they mind my carelessness?

email the office and have them update it. You won't want to wait until the interview as you will have more than enough on your mind already.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Send PM
FROM The Berkeley EWMBA Blog: Evening & Weekend vs. Executive MBA Programs: How to Choose, Part II
There’s more than one path to an MBA, and for many people, a full-time program just isn’t in the cards. Perhaps you’ve already launched your career, or have started a family.

That’s why we offer two part-time MBA programs. The Evening & Weekend program is designed to be a three-year, six-semester program;our executives program meets every three weeks from Thursday through Saturday over the course of 19 months.

Both programs offer the same rich resources and result in the same Berkeley degree. But which program is right for you? In this two-part series (See Part I), we spoke with two couples in which each partner chose a different part-time program.

Tatiana Medvedeva and Sergey Averchenkov live in Mountain View and are engaged to be married. Both are Russian – she’s from St. Petersberg, he’s from Moscow – but they met in the U.S. in 2011. Sergey will receive his degree from the evening and weekend program in 2017, while Tatiana will graduate from the executive program in December 2015.

Why did you both decide to get your degrees at the same time?

She said:  We were both at a place in our careers where going to business school just made sense. The timing for both of us was good, before we decide to have children.

What are you each doing professionally besides studying at Berkeley?

He said:  I’m Vice President of the Engineering Department at Gbox, a small start-up in Redwood City. We’re just coming out of stealth mode, trying to create a business engine for creative people to monetize on movie-making capabilities.

She said:  I’m a Director of Product Management for Intermedia, a company that provides cloud services for small and medium-sized businesses.

How did you decide between the Executive MBA and the Evening & Weekend MBA programs?

He said: I chose the evening and weekend program because I wanted to have more time to pursue extracurricular activities and the schedule is less intense than that of the executive program. Ultimately, I want to build my own start-up – I’m now working on creating my own business plan and model.

She said: I felt like 19 months was a better timeline for me. Within the class demographic, I knew I would be among peers with very similar experiences to mine. I also had more flexibility around my work schedule than Sergey, so I could take a couple of days off every few weeks.

What are the challenges of being a “two MBA” household?

She said:  Time is definitely the main issue. It’s a challenge that we have different class schedules – when I have a break, he’s busy with his homework. It’s difficult to coordinate our down-time.

He said: We do like to fantasize what will happen once we have our free time back! We’re making this significant investment to advance in our careers. So a frequent topic of discussion is: What’s next? How are we going to achieve our goals?

What are the advantages?

He said: We’re definitely benefiting from exposure to the networks of both programs. The connections and people have been just unbelievable. We’ve made more friends in the past six months than in the past ten years. And the professors in both programs have been phenomenal.

She said: You can’t go wrong when you’re ranked among the top ten U.S. business schools. We’ve really been enjoying the classroom atmosphere. And Haas was a great fit in terms of the culture. It’s very open – everyone is so generous with sharing their experience, information, and collaborative studying. You don’t always find that in other business schools. It’s one of the main reasons we chose Haas.

To take a closer look at these two programs, check out our Compare and Contrast blog post.

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
What percentage gets invited for interview? Just curious, based on prior years posts, seems like everyone gets invited.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
adagtagt wrote:
What percentage gets invited for interview? Just curious, based on prior years posts, seems like everyone gets invited.

2/3 to 3/4 of the applicants.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Packet, thanks for the info. If you can indulge my curiosity even further, what's the ratio getting selected from the interviewed candidates?
Also what part of the application is reviewed by the interviewers before the interview?

Thanks in Advance!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I think the person interviewing only sees your resume.

"The interviewer will have only reviewed your resume, as our policy is to conduct interviews prior to a complete evaluation of your application. "

I am however curious as to what part of your application does the adcom review before they decide if they should call you for an interview or not.

adagtagt wrote:
Packet, thanks for the info. If you can indulge my curiosity even further, what's the ratio getting selected from the interviewed candidates?
Also what part of the application is reviewed by the interviewers before the interview?

Thanks in Advance!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Other, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V33
Send PM
Got interview email on 25th.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GPA: 3.49
WE:Marketing (Health Care)
Send PM
sam271980 wrote:
Got interview email on 25th.

They didn't call you?

Anyone else get a call/email?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Other, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V33
Send PM
no call. Just email and status updated on website.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Send PM
FROM The Berkeley EWMBA Blog: Blowing Up the Business Plan at Berkeley-Haas

As a Berkeley MBA student, Andre Marquis learned how to write a business plan. Some 15 years later, after a series of successful ventures, he was leading the Haas School's Lester Center for Entrepreneurship.

And he realized that MBA entrepreneurship programs hadn't changed with the times. That’s where Lean LaunchPad comes in.

Andre shared his story in a Steve Blank blog post for the Huffington Post, noting that, "As I began my search to increase the relevance of our entrepreneurship curriculum...I found the answer right here at Berkeley, in the Lean LaunchPad class."

Blank's Lean LaunchPad course relayed business themes in a new way. Focusing on practical use and demo, Students learned the art of presenting their opportunities in real world scenarios. Lean LaunchPad focuses on customer development and agile engineering among other concepts. 

"I realized this class was teaching students exactly what it felt like to be an entrepreneur," says Andre. "Now, four years after I arrived at Berkeley-Haas, we don't teach business plan writing in any of our entrepreneurship classes or in any of our dozens of programs and competitions. We use Customer Development and the Lean LaunchPad to train and accelerate teams U.C. Berkeley-wide."

Not only that, Berkeley-Haas has taken this teaching method global, sharing it with international students online. Haas is also part of the U.S. effort to accelerate commercialization of the country's best research spinouts from the National Science Foundation and National Institute of Health.

Read the full story on HuffPo, and get the full story on Berkeley entrepreneurship on the Lester Center site.

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Since the decisions post for the second round is around the corner (April 3).....has anybody received confirmation calls???
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Since the decisions post for the second round is around the corner (April 3).....has anybody received confirmation calls???
Intern
Intern
Send PM
No call for me either, received an email 3/26 with invitation to interview.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Does anyone know how many seats get filled up by R2 ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Folks recommend wearing suits for the interview, but it's too hot. What are others gonna wear.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  44   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts