It is currently 21 Nov 2017, 22:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Concentration: International Business, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3
Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Apr 2015, 17:12
orangerie wrote:
werfancy wrote:
Can anyone access
[removed]

This might be an indicator of whether ur admitted or not... Maybe...

Posted from my mobile device

OMG. I was able to log in. It says "As an EWMBA admit you are eligible to apply for the following scholarships:" and listed several options. Trying not to freak out as we don't know what this means, but I am very hopeful it's a positive indicator.

For what it's worth, I tried my user ID and password from last year's application cycle and it would not let me log-in, it said "You are not eligible for any scholarships."

Anyone else from R2 or R3 able to access??

I logged in and got the same message as you. Crossing fingers that it definitely holds true.

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.7
Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Apr 2015, 18:05
presidentjay wrote:
[

I logged in and got the same message as you. Crossing fingers that it definitely holds true.

Are you R2??

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Apr 2015, 18:25
I am r2

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 3

Show Tags

New post 01 Apr 2015, 19:00
I cannot

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 52 [0], given: 6

Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
Premium Member
Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Apr 2015, 19:15
werfancy wrote:
Can anyone access
[removed]

I would highly suggest you don't log in to this to find out ahead of time. There are ethics issues at stake and you don't want to get on the wrong side of this.

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 51

Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 4
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 01 Apr 2015, 22:18
packet82 wrote:
werfancy wrote:
Can anyone access
[removed]

I would highly suggest you don't log in to this to find out ahead of time. There are ethics issues at stake and you don't want to get on the wrong side of this.

Too late.. I tried and failed to login ;) anyway I am still keeping my fingers crossed.

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 51

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 02 Apr 2015, 08:21
I am so anxious for calls to start going out! Good luck to all R2 applicants and R1 WLers!!

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 2

Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.76
WE: Engineering (Computer Hardware)

Show Tags

New post 02 Apr 2015, 09:25
No calls yet?

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 2

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 02 Apr 2015, 09:26
binaryuser01 wrote:
No calls yet?

I would expect them in the afternoon. They started calling around 2-3pm my year.

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 02 Apr 2015, 09:27
@binaryuser: r u able to login into the fin aid page?

Also ppl who receive calls, r they being able to login?

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 02 Apr 2015, 09:34
packet82 wrote:
binaryuser01 wrote:
No calls yet?

I would expect them in the afternoon. They started calling around 2-3pm my year.

Last year calls started coming in around 9:30-10am PST the day before R2 decision date, so it is anybody's guess!

1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 8 [1], given: 2

Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.76
WE: Engineering (Computer Hardware)

Show Tags

New post 02 Apr 2015, 09:40
This post received
KUDOS
I didnt even try login in to that page. As packet82 said, it may be an ethical issue and i would rather wait a day than trying that to know the result beforehand. i hope calls start today and wait is over soon.

werfancy wrote:

Kudos [?]: 8 [1], given: 2

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 02 Apr 2015, 09:46
binaryuser01 wrote:
I didnt even try login in to that page. As packet82 said, it may be an ethical issue and i would rather wait a day than trying that to know the result beforehand. i hope calls start today and wait is over soon.

werfancy wrote:

Haas usually doesn't have this kind of attitude, but this is what HBS did a decade ago:

https://freedom-to-tinker.com/blog/felt ... ions-site/

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 02 Apr 2015, 09:49
Woooooo

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

Many Happy Returns: Long-Term ROI and the Berkeley MBA, Part III [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Apr 2015, 10:10
FROM The Berkeley EWMBA Blog: Many Happy Returns: Long-Term ROI and the Berkeley MBA, Part III
It’s not just about the money. While many articles have focused on the MBA ROI of salary, Haas graduates will tell you there are many other benefits to a degree from a top part-time MBA program.

In this three-part series, we asked several Berkeley-Haas alums how their degrees have affected their personal and professional satisfaction in the longer term. (Here are parts I and II)

Name and degree:
Gregg Chow, MBA 94

Lives in: Greenwich, CT

Works in: New York, NY

Position prior to Haas and position today: “Before coming to Haas to study in the Evening & Weekend MBA Program, I was working for an investment bank in San Francisco in corporate finance. Now I’m a managing director at another investment bank – managing a global sales force.”

How his Berkeley MBA has improved his career: “I studied economics as an undergrad at Cal before going to Haas. Cal teaches students to question the status quo, think beyond the face value, dive deeper into topics, and be an independent thinker. My degree enhanced that, with critical reasoning, innovative thinking and the specific financial and leadership skills to further my career in my chosen field."

"Haas gave me exposure to great minds such as Laura Tyson, Mark Rubinstein, and Rich Lyons, and showed me the connectivity between theory and practice. It set the foundation for the rest of my life.”

"Haas...set the foundation for the rest of my life."

Most rewarding aspects of life today: “I enjoy working in dynamic markets and helping my clients to solve complex issues. I also get a lot of satisfaction training the new hires at our firm, setting them up for long-term success. Haas reinforced my belief that if you follow your passion and study it, you will be successful in life, both extrinsically and intrinsically.”

Other ways in which his Berkeley experiences have impacted his life: "Haas also stresses stewardship and positively impacting society. After losing our home during Hurricane Sandy, my daughter and I launched a charity to help children impacted by natural disasters.  We hope it will make the world a better place down the road. I’m so extremely proud to say I graduated from Haas and Cal.”

Want to set the foundation for the rest of your life?

ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 02 Apr 2015, 10:20
IN...

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.6
WE: Business Development (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 02 Apr 2015, 10:20
Admitted!

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Current Student

Concentration: International Business, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3

Show Tags

New post 02 Apr 2015, 10:22
Just got the call and I'm in!

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 7

GPA: 3.49
WE: Marketing (Health Care)

Show Tags

New post 02 Apr 2015, 10:23
Congrats, Ewmba2015ewmba and user12345678!

Good luck to everyone else!

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 7

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 02 Apr 2015, 10:23
Hi user1234567 congrats... R u being able to ligin into the finaid page?

@packet32: he being an admitted one, wont face any ethical issues

Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018   [#permalink] 02 Apr 2015, 10:23

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  9   10   11   12   13   14   15  ...  44    Next  [ 872 posts ] 

Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2018

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap