Last visit was: 06 May 2024, 21:06 It is currently 06 May 2024, 21:06

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, Sustainability
WE:Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2017 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
Congrats fellow R1 admits. I received my official decision email an hour back :). My AO is CT.

In reference to the starting campus, what were your criteria to pick Fonty over Singapore or other way around? It would be great to learn more. Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, International Business
WE:General Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2017 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
tdhamit wrote:
Congrats fellow R1 admits. I received my official decision email an hour back :). My AO is CT.

In reference to the starting campus, what were your criteria to pick Fonty over Singapore or other way around? It would be great to learn more. Thanks!

Congrats!!

From what I have gathered, it's not such a crucial factor as most elective courses are offered on both campuses.

There's also the chance to switch campuses after P2 I believe which means you can experience both countries.

However, the main factor that differentiate one campus from the other is where you want to work post-graduation. My understanding is that employers in Singapore hire mostly for Asia/Australia and the ones in Fontainebleau hire for Europe/Africa.

This is not always true though as a few of my friends are working in Dubai even though they spent most of their year in France.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, Sustainability
WE:Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
DXB2016 wrote:
Ag29 wrote:
Got my call from Stephanie yesterday evening- poor network, 5 dropped calls later, I got all the details. Thrilled! INSEAD Singapore campus!

Congrats! Finally someone's joining me in Singapore! Did you get the acceptance email with more info and next steps?

Thanks! Not yet. I was told that the email should come to me by Friday May 13.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
Send PM
I just received a phone call from Virginie today. I'm in for the Fonty campus! :shock: :shock:

If anyone will be in Singapore this weekend, I will be there doing a campus tour. Send me a message and we can have a drink!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
barbasmonas wrote:
I just received a phone call from Virginie today. I'm in for the Fonty campus! :shock: :shock:

If anyone will be in Singapore this weekend, I will be there doing a campus tour. Send me a message and we can have a drink!

I live in Singapore! Let me know if you want to meet on Saturday/Sunday :)

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
GPA: 3.23
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
It's quiet today. Does anyone know how many applicants have been accepted so far?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
Send PM
Ughhh I feel like throwing up I'm so nervous. I went to get my shoes fixed a few hours ago, in case I get an interview. They told me it would take 20 days because it's Eid season (no it's really, really, really not).

So ominous. I'd binge eat but then I won't fit into my suit and it'll be a whole thing. Oh to starve and wait for an e-mail.

Can admits with access to MBAconnect please post the # of admits? And if you have a ton of time, a breakdown of nationalities would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks and congrats!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Got a call on Wednesday ... Joining in Fonty ... currently in Singapore ...

Any plans for meeting in SG ? Or any group created for all R1 admits ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
babushka84 wrote:
Ughhh I feel like throwing up I'm so nervous. I went to get my shoes fixed a few hours ago, in case I get an interview. They told me it would take 20 days because it's Eid season (no it's really, really, really not).

So ominous. I'd binge eat but then I won't fit into my suit and it'll be a whole thing. Oh to starve and wait for an e-mail.

Can admits with access to MBAconnect please post the # of admits? And if you have a ton of time, a breakdown of nationalities would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks and congrats!

Haha I can understand the anxiety. Hang in there!

I can see only 40 entries in MBA Connect so far. But people have started to get their MBA Connect information only today and possibly more will get on Monday so i expect that number to rise. It's hard to do a breakdown by country for all records since that will require me to query one by one. Let me know if you're interested to know about a particular nationality.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
joso wrote:
Got a call on Wednesday ... Joining in Fonty ... currently in Singapore ...

Any plans for meeting in SG ? Or any group created for all R1 admits ?

Congrats! barbasmonas and I are planning to meet sometime this weekend. Let me know if you want to join! Is there anyone else from SG who wants to join also?

As for groups, I think once everyone has their MBA Connect information we can make groups there. Not sure if there is a facebook group for us as well
Manager
Manager
Send PM
nimacool@gmail.com wrote:
Hate waitlist. But no other choice. . .

Posted from my mobile device

Can you please share your profile details?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
aasg wrote:
babushka84 wrote:

Thanks and congrats!

I can see only 40 entries in MBA Connect so far. But people have started to get their MBA Connect information only today and possibly more will get on Monday so i expect that number to rise. It's hard to do a breakdown by country for all records since that will require me to query one by one. Let me know if you're interested to know about a particular nationality.

I'm interested to know how many Canadians have been accepted so far. Another anxious person :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
aasg wrote:
babushka84 wrote:

Thanks and congrats!

Totally understand - it's a pain. PMing you!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I have a question for those of you planning on switching to consulting after INSEAD. Did you start prepping for case interviews before your INSEAD interview (or interview notification for that matter, so much to learn)? You know, in case the interviewer is a consultant and decides to tickle your commitment to your career goals by throwing a case at you?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Strategy
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
babushka84 wrote:
I have a question for those of you planning on switching to consulting after INSEAD. Did you start prepping for case interviews before your INSEAD interview (or interview notification for that matter, so much to learn)? You know, in case the interviewer is a consultant and decides to tickle your commitment to your career goals by throwing a case at you?

No case preparation on my side.
Based on the interview reports I have read, and the stated aim of the interviews I would imagine this to be a very unlikely possibility. You would really have to be unlucky and get an Alumni slightly on the evil side with a bit too much time on his hands. :P

I just made sure I could explain my interest in consulting in relation to my career and personal goals.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
kiura wrote:
babushka84 wrote:

No case preparation on my side.
Based on the interview reports I have read, and the stated aim of the interviews I would imagine this to be a very unlikely possibility. You would really have to be unlucky and get an Alumni slightly on the evil side with a bit too much time on his hands. :P

I just made sure I could explain my interest in consulting in relation to my career and personal goals.

My background is borderline ridiculous for someone who wants to work at MBB so if anyone is to get such an evil case throwing consultant as an interviewer, it'll probably be me. God I hope I can sound like a frequent shopper at Brooks Brothers within the next two weeks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
farrous13 wrote:
aasg wrote:
babushka84 wrote:

Thanks and congrats!

I'm interested to know how many Canadians have been accepted so far. Another anxious person :)

Sure... Total Admits so far on the portal - 106. Canadian - 7

Other common nationalities: Indian - 21. American - 15. Australian - 3. British - 2.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  20   21   22   23   24   25   26  ...  49   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6922 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts