Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 20:33 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 20:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72916 [1]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 271 [2]
Given Kudos: 80
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72916 [2]
Send PM
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
redfield wrote:
So I noticed the chat activity is quite pedestrian at times and I wonder (and apologize if this has been suggested) if it might benefit from being open on the side of any page? So like the white portion on the right hand side of the screenshot attached as an example but you get the idea of having it open naturally for people on various pages rather than a single dedicated room that takes you away from other content.

My suggestion would be have it naturally logged in to once you log into your forum account otherwise have it automatically generate a "guest##" tag. I think the chat is a brilliant aspect, I think it could benefit from the natural influx of users by adding it to the majority of pages on the side allowing people to pop in and out and already be logged in when they log into forum account (assuming this is feasible but I feel like I've seen it on a few sites).

Thank you for the suggestion. We are working on a new version of the chat that is integrated with the forum and we hope it will be more visible/effective. We have not considered posting it on every page but we have been thinking about showing a list of people currently active in the chat.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
FacelessMan wrote:
Hi BB,

I have a suggestion which can tremendously help students browse thru forums or during tag search. I had submitted this in GMAT member survey as well. Not sure if you got a chance to read that.

Let's consider a scenario where I want to attempt questions with difficulty level 700 and Source : Official guide. I use the search function and find those questions. But there is no way for me to know right away if I have already attempted those correctly. I actually have to go inside each question to check if I had used the Timer to attempt that question.

You already capture that data when I attempt questions - anywhere, in any forum.

What if we can include a green tick or a star against all questions previosuly attempted. So that I don't have to check it one by one by going inside the question. Same can be applied on general forums as well. That will save so much time, and students can focus on questions that they have not attempted earlier.

I am attaching a mockup of the screen. Pardon my photoshop skills.

Thank you - i saw your post earlier and then failed to reply. I like the idea - I will pose it to the developers. I will post an update once I hear back. Good idea!
BB
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 395 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.8
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
bb wrote:
FacelessMan wrote:
Hi BB,

I have a suggestion which can tremendously help students browse thru forums or during tag search. I had submitted this in GMAT member survey as well. Not sure if you got a chance to read that.

Let's consider a scenario where I want to attempt questions with difficulty level 700 and Source : Official guide. I use the search function and find those questions. But there is no way for me to know right away if I have already attempted those correctly. I actually have to go inside each question to check if I had used the Timer to attempt that question.

You already capture that data when I attempt questions - anywhere, in any forum.

What if we can include a green tick or a star against all questions previosuly attempted. So that I don't have to check it one by one by going inside the question. Same can be applied on general forums as well. That will save so much time, and students can focus on questions that they have not attempted earlier.

Thank you - i saw your post earlier and then failed to reply. I like the idea - I will pose it to the developers. I will post an update once I hear back. Good idea!
BB

I am glad you liked it. Was a little surprised when you didn't reply earlier :)
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72916 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
FacelessMan wrote:

I am glad you liked it. Was a little surprised when you didn't reply earlier :)

Yes, my bad :oops: - i get notifications via Tapatalk and that marks posts "read" even though I really wanted to go back to them.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 271 [0]
Send PM
Hi BB,

I'm not sure if this is the intended meaning but during profile updates is it supposed to read "Save and Proceed"? Versus "Save and Processed" which is currently the button (image attached).

Cheers,
Cameron
Attachments

Screen Shot 2016-05-06 at 5.36.34 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-05-06 at 5.36.34 PM.png [ 17.69 KiB | Viewed 1661 times ]

Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thank you! looks like somebody on our development side was very confused with the button :-(

We are a bit overdue to update the profile area in general.

Will fix ASAP.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Manager
Manager
Send PM
bb wrote:
FacelessMan wrote:
Hi BB,

BB

Hi bb,
Did you guys implement this idea already ? I noticed a green clock icon (Last answer was correct) in the forums today - not sure whether it was always there.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 271 [0]
Send PM
Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
I'm not sure if this has been suggested or is already a capability I'm simply missing, but I would like the ability to search for key terms in reviews. For example if I'm looking at the several hundred reviews for an admission consulting service and am looking for specific reviews where people mention GPA or an individual consultant I think it would be really nice to have a search bar. Or at least the ability to open all the reviews on one page so I can do "find in page" myself.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Yes. Thank k you for noticing. We have added the timer marker feature about a week ago. What do you think? Does it work for you?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
redfield wrote:
I'm not sure if this has been suggested or is already a capability I'm simply missing, but I would like the ability to search for key terms in reviews. For example if I'm looking at the several hundred reviews for an admission consulting service and am looking for specific reviews where people mention GPA or an individual consultant I think it would be really nice to have a search bar. Or at least the ability to open all the reviews on one page so I can do "find in page" myself.

Thank you for the suggestion. It is a really good one - I have been struggling with Amazon's reviews before they added ability to search through them. Same about Trip Advisor and others that have hundreds or thousands of them.

Manager
Manager
Send PM
bb wrote:
Yes. Thank k you for noticing. We have added the timer marker feature about a week ago. What do you think? Does it work for you?

Thanks. You guys are awesome.

Just to add : Only if this feature can be extended to "tag" search as well. I see the icon only on forums as of now.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
bb,

I have noticed some inconsistencies while sorting posts on a sub-forum by "author". Not sure whether its a bug.

So, for example if I sort PS forum by author and I look for author "MathRevolution" - I do not see any post. But, if I just go to the forum and browse, I do see a lot of posts by that author. I noticed this behavior with other authors as well.

Attaching a screenshot. Here the PS forum is sorted on author, and you can clearly see that it does not show any posts by author "MathRevolution"
Attachments

File comment: Screenshot
Screen Shot 2016-06-09 at 7.48.44 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-06-09 at 7.48.44 PM.png [ 202.84 KiB | Viewed 1497 times ]

Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
I will check it out. I wonder if this has to do with the old school things such as capitals. Linux often treats capitals as different letters and shows all username with capitals before showing any lower case.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum App
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
FacelessMan wrote:
bb wrote:

Just to add : Only if this feature can be extended to "tag" search as well. I see the icon only on forums as of now.

Thank you. How would you use it in the search? To find questions you have attempted?

Manager
Manager
Send PM
bb wrote:
FacelessMan wrote:
bb wrote:

Thank you. How would you use it in the search? To find questions you have attempted?

No, that is not the intention. So when I click on any tag, the resulting list does not show the clock anymore,

In the attached screenshot, I clicked on the tag "Official Guide", resulting in a list of questions. I have already attempted the first question, but now it does not show the clock. Thus, i have no way to know whether I have attempted those. Hope this clarifies.
Attachments

File comment: Screenshot
Screen Shot 2016-06-09 at 11.23.19 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-06-09 at 11.23.19 PM.png [ 147.73 KiB | Viewed 1489 times ]

Manager
Manager
Send PM
bb wrote:
I will check it out. I wonder if this has to do with the old school things such as capitals. Linux often treats capitals as different letters and shows all username with capitals before showing any lower case.

Thanks bb.

It makes sense. And now I am able to find what I was looking for.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
I got it about the tags - thank you. That's something we missed.

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  17   18   19   20   21   22   23  ...  44