Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 07:37 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 07:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Schools: SPJ PGPM"17
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 704 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V32
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V27
GMAT 2: 680 Q50 V32
GPA: 3.25
WE:Analyst (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 704 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V32
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation (for improvement purposes) [#permalink]
shubham12123 wrote:
Wow really ??

U got in at 660 ? Then your profile should have been really awesome !

Because what i have read in couple of threads was that the score should be 700+ for ISB

Thats a myth bro. I have few batchmates who got in at 660 too. My profile is average but i wrote my essays really well. You should be able to put in words, your need of doing an MBA and justify it.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Hi,
Let me know whether my profile is fit for an ISB admit, and my strengths and weaknesses.
AIEEE: 6700 among 12 L applicants.
B.Tech from NIT Nagpur with 7.33 CGPA (Not so good I think), but with some diverse electives.
GMAT 720(Q50,V38, IR5, AWA5)
Work Ex: Curently working in Lafarge India PVT LTD (leader in building materials' manufacturing, with a presence in 64 countries)
Got in as a GET@2013, and was presented best GET award for my project in energy savings and cutting down the inventory of compressors.
Then after confirmation, I was presented the responsibility of Inspecting ( whole line starting from Crusher, Stacker, reclaimer, Raw mill, Kiln, Cement mill, and clinker transport), planning, and execution( of just Cement mill and clinker transport as a second Incharge) in Electrical & Instruments. I successfully overtook the responsibility and improved the reliability of plant by properly tracking abnormal parameters of various electrical & instrumentation equipments, and thus in turn decreasing costs by decreasing SPECIFIC HEAT & SPECIFIC POWER CONSUMPTIONS.
Have won Safety person of the month once, and have been organising, and anchoring work life balance events in the colony.
Also I'm leading a team of 6 shop floor workmen and 2 permanent employees on continued basis, along with managing around 50 workmen during shutdowns.

Social responsibilities:An active blood donor donating blood at least 3 in a year. Have been training various Engineering and ITI holders for the past 2 years.

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
aadikamagic wrote:
shubham12123 wrote:
Wow really ??

U got in at 660 ? Then your profile should have been really awesome !

Because what i have read in couple of threads was that the score should be 700+ for ISB

Thats a myth bro. I have few batchmates who got in at 660 too. My profile is average but i wrote my essays really well. You should be able to put in words, your need of doing an MBA and justify it.

Hi

Can you share some more info about your profile that you are comfortable? thanks in advance.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Schools: SPJ PGPM"17
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hi,

I have scored 660,640 and 640 in GMAT prep tests 3,4 and 5 respectively?I am giving my GMAT exam on 18th.I am so disappointed and wonder where would I land in actual exam.?

Thanks
Ritee
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Ritee22 wrote:
Hi,

I have scored 660,640 and 640 in GMAT prep tests 3,4 and 5 respectively?I am giving my GMAT exam on 18th.I am so disappointed and wonder where would I land in actual exam.?

Thanks
Ritee

Hi Ritee,

Your work ex looks good. International and team leading experience will also help. If you dont get a 680+ on GMAT we would recommend that you give one more shot. GMAT is not the only factor but with IT applicants it plays an important role.

Given that everything else is good with your candidature there is no point making the case weak just because of an average GMAT score. You have ample time before the deadlines. So, in case your first score is weak do consider retaking GMAT.

Feel free to contact us for any queries.

Apphelp Team
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
drashi17 wrote:
Hi,
Let me know whether my profile is fit for an ISB admit, and my strengths and weaknesses.
AIEEE: 6700 among 12 L applicants.
B.Tech from NIT Nagpur with 7.33 CGPA (Not so good I think), but with some diverse electives.
GMAT 720(Q50,V38, IR5, AWA5)
Work Ex: Curently working in Lafarge India PVT LTD (leader in building materials' manufacturing, with a presence in 64 countries)
Got in as a GET2013, and was presented best GET award for my project in energy savings and cutting down the inventory of compressors.
Then after confirmation, I was presented the responsibility of Inspecting ( whole line starting from Crusher, Stacker, reclaimer, Raw mill, Kiln, Cement mill, and clinker transport), planning, and execution( of just Cement mill and clinker transport as a second Incharge) in Electrical & Instruments. I successfully overtook the responsibility and improved the reliability of plant by properly tracking abnormal parameters of various electrical & instrumentation equipments, and thus in turn decreasing costs by decreasing SPECIFIC HEAT & SPECIFIC POWER CONSUMPTIONS.
Have won Safety person of the month once, and have been organising, and anchoring work life balance events in the colony.
Also I'm leading a team of 6 shop floor workmen and 2 permanent employees on continued basis, along with managing around 50 workmen during shutdowns.

Social responsibilities:An active blood donor donating blood at least 3 in a year. Have been training various Engineering and ITI holders for the past 2 years.

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk

Hi drashi,

Your overall candidature is strong. ISB gets few female applicants from Instrumentation & manufacturing background. So, diversity will help. GMAT score is good.
Just ensure that you think through your goals and link them well with your past experience to make a coherent story. Also, downplay the tech aspects of your profile and focus on skills such as team mgmt, crisis mgmt, proejct mgmt, planning, costing etc.

Feel free to contact us for any queries.

Apphelp Team
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72912 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived Topic
Hi there,
You've reached an archived 'Evaluate my Profile' thread. No new replies are possible.
Interested in current discussions? Please visit the active 'Evaluate my Profile' topic.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts