It is currently 10 Dec 2017, 17:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation (for improvement purposes)

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Concentration: Finance, General Management
Schools: SPJ PGPM"17
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Profile Evaluation (for improvement purposes) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2016, 01:26
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hi,

I have ISB 1 year program aspirant for class of 2018 and would like to know the reviews on my profile.Is there a possible chance for my admission?What is the minimum score I should aim for?And Is there something I can do to improve and improve my chances of admission?

1.Academic achievements:

88.60 % in higher secondary school from Delhi Public School ,Vindhyanagar.(2005)
82.60% in senior secondary school from Delhi Public Schoool ,Vindhyanagar.(2007)
7.2 CGPA in B.tech from Amity University ,Noida(2012)

2.Work Experience:
Worked for Wipro Technologies from Jun 2012 to Jan 2016 as a functional consultant in SAP.

Achievements while working:
1.An year experience of working at onsite with Xoserve Energy,UK,client of Wipro technologies.
2.Lead a team of 4 at offshore for about an year and acted as a bridge of communication between offshore and onshore.
3.Appreciated twice with Outstanding and Excellent rating in annual appraisal cycles.
4.Appreciated and awarded by client for efforts in a particular area of my working stream.

Extra co-curricular achievements:
1.Active organizer of flash mobs for spreading awareness against smoking and drugs in corporate world.
2.Participated and volunteered at cultural and tech fest organised at university during graduation.
3.Participated in dance competitions at school level for annual functions,district level competitions among schools.

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 218 [0], given: 14

Schools: ISB '17 (A), IIMC (A)
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V32
Re: Profile Evaluation (for improvement purposes) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2016, 03:01
Hi. There is no minimum score. I got in at 660. Work on your essays well.

Posted from my mobile device

Sometimes standing still can be, the best move you ever make......

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V27
GMAT 2: 680 Q50 V32
GPA: 3.25
WE: Analyst (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2016, 22:45
Wow really ??

U got in at 660 ? Then your profile should have been really awesome !

Because what i have read in couple of threads was that the score should be 700+ for ISB

Current Student

Schools: ISB '17 (A), IIMC (A)
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V32

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2016, 23:06
shubham12123 wrote:
Wow really ??

Because what i have read in couple of threads was that the score should be 700+ for ISB

Thats a myth bro. I have few batchmates who got in at 660 too. My profile is average but i wrote my essays really well. You should be able to put in words, your need of doing an MBA and justify it.

Sometimes standing still can be, the best move you ever make......

Intern
Intern
B

Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 01 Apr 2016, 21:17
Hi,
Let me know whether my profile is fit for an ISB admit, and my strengths and weaknesses.
AIEEE: 6700 among 12 L applicants.
B.Tech from NIT Nagpur with 7.33 CGPA (Not so good I think), but with some diverse electives.
GMAT 720(Q50,V38, IR5, AWA5)
Work Ex: Curently working in Lafarge India PVT LTD (leader in building materials' manufacturing, with a presence in 64 countries)
Got in as a GET@2013, and was presented best GET award for my project in energy savings and cutting down the inventory of compressors.
Then after confirmation, I was presented the responsibility of Inspecting ( whole line starting from Crusher, Stacker, reclaimer, Raw mill, Kiln, Cement mill, and clinker transport), planning, and execution( of just Cement mill and clinker transport as a second Incharge) in Electrical & Instruments. I successfully overtook the responsibility and improved the reliability of plant by properly tracking abnormal parameters of various electrical & instrumentation equipments, and thus in turn decreasing costs by decreasing SPECIFIC HEAT & SPECIFIC POWER CONSUMPTIONS.
Have won Safety person of the month once, and have been organising, and anchoring work life balance events in the colony.
Also I'm leading a team of 6 shop floor workmen and 2 permanent employees on continued basis, along with managing around 50 workmen during shutdowns.

Social responsibilities:An active blood donor donating blood at least 3 in a year. Have been training various Engineering and ITI holders for the past 2 years.

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 15 Apr 2016, 21:36
aadikamagic wrote:
shubham12123 wrote:
Wow really ??

Thats a myth bro. I have few batchmates who got in at 660 too. My profile is average but i wrote my essays really well. You should be able to put in words, your need of doing an MBA and justify it.

Hi

Can you share some more info about your profile that you are comfortable? thanks in advance.

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Concentration: Finance, General Management
Schools: SPJ PGPM"17
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 13 Jun 2016, 09:08
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hi,

I have scored 660,640 and 640 in GMAT prep tests 3,4 and 5 respectively?I am giving my GMAT exam on 18th.I am so disappointed and wonder where would I land in actual exam.?

Thanks
Ritee

Expert Post
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 18 Jun 2016, 02:08
Ritee22 wrote:
Hi,

I have scored 660,640 and 640 in GMAT prep tests 3,4 and 5 respectively?I am giving my GMAT exam on 18th.I am so disappointed and wonder where would I land in actual exam.?

Thanks
Ritee

Hi Ritee,

Your work ex looks good. International and team leading experience will also help. If you dont get a 680+ on GMAT we would recommend that you give one more shot. GMAT is not the only factor but with IT applicants it plays an important role.

Given that everything else is good with your candidature there is no point making the case weak just because of an average GMAT score. You have ample time before the deadlines. So, in case your first score is weak do consider retaking GMAT.

Feel free to contact us for any queries.

Apphelp Team

Apphelp : India's # 1 MBA admissions consultancy
-----------------------------------------------
Confused about MBA application strategy? Need help with Essay Review? Need mock interviews?
All these questions have a single answer : APPHELP
Phone: +91 9871354580
Email: info@apphelp.co.in
Blog: http://www.blog.apphelp.co.in

Expert Post
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 18 Jun 2016, 02:13
drashi17 wrote:
Hi,
Let me know whether my profile is fit for an ISB admit, and my strengths and weaknesses.
AIEEE: 6700 among 12 L applicants.
B.Tech from NIT Nagpur with 7.33 CGPA (Not so good I think), but with some diverse electives.
GMAT 720(Q50,V38, IR5, AWA5)
Work Ex: Curently working in Lafarge India PVT LTD (leader in building materials' manufacturing, with a presence in 64 countries)
Got in as a GET2013, and was presented best GET award for my project in energy savings and cutting down the inventory of compressors.
Then after confirmation, I was presented the responsibility of Inspecting ( whole line starting from Crusher, Stacker, reclaimer, Raw mill, Kiln, Cement mill, and clinker transport), planning, and execution( of just Cement mill and clinker transport as a second Incharge) in Electrical & Instruments. I successfully overtook the responsibility and improved the reliability of plant by properly tracking abnormal parameters of various electrical & instrumentation equipments, and thus in turn decreasing costs by decreasing SPECIFIC HEAT & SPECIFIC POWER CONSUMPTIONS.
Have won Safety person of the month once, and have been organising, and anchoring work life balance events in the colony.
Also I'm leading a team of 6 shop floor workmen and 2 permanent employees on continued basis, along with managing around 50 workmen during shutdowns.

Social responsibilities:An active blood donor donating blood at least 3 in a year. Have been training various Engineering and ITI holders for the past 2 years.

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk

Hi drashi,

Your overall candidature is strong. ISB gets few female applicants from Instrumentation & manufacturing background. So, diversity will help. GMAT score is good.
Just ensure that you think through your goals and link them well with your past experience to make a coherent story. Also, downplay the tech aspects of your profile and focus on skills such as team mgmt, crisis mgmt, proejct mgmt, planning, costing etc.

Feel free to contact us for any queries.

Apphelp Team

Apphelp : India's # 1 MBA admissions consultancy
-----------------------------------------------
Confused about MBA application strategy? Need help with Essay Review? Need mock interviews?
All these questions have a single answer : APPHELP
Phone: +91 9871354580
Email: info@apphelp.co.in
Blog: http://www.blog.apphelp.co.in

Re: Profile Evaluation (for improvement purposes)   [#permalink] 18 Jun 2016, 02:13

Profile Evaluation (for improvement purposes)

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: mihir0710, warriorguy

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap