Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 23:06 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 23:06

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 81
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.53
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM? [#permalink]
Here's an unofficial group so we can connect before the semester starts/the official one is created : https://www.facebook.com/groups/686906688082008/
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Great thanks for the group ! I joined it
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
How old are the average applicants to SiM?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
1812 wrote:
How old are the average applicants to SiM?

I would say this year's intake averages around slightly above 23 (at the start of the programme).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
expertus wrote:
Hi, I am wondering who is preparing to apply for the SIM. I am already looking forward to the SIM Master next year, because it is really a great program

Got a 770 in the GMAT :-D and I am now doing the Bachelor on Business Administration in St. Gallen. Fighting to get the 5.5 (At the moment I have it), which would mean that I get directly accepted. Do you know if 5.45 is rounded up to 5.5?

I am both Swiss and Costarican and lived 14 years in Costa Rica and have already a master in chemistry from ETHZ. I was in charge of the quality control in a small industrial company for 9 months and I am now doing an internship in strategic purchase while doing my bachelor thesis on supplier evaluation.

I am glad to hear from my probable future fellow students. If somebody needs to know something about St Gallen, I am glad to help

Hi. I wanted to know what is the average GMAT score required? I am taking my GMAT in three days time and I need to know if I should put this college. My current practice scores are in the range of 680-710. It'll be awfully helpful if you could provide some knowledge. My GPA is 3.05/4. So are there any specifications?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
St Gallen SIM is the world's top MiM program according to FT rankings.
Before talking about your profile, let me take you quickly through the admission procedure of St Gallen-
1. Online Application
2. Pre-assessment (The Pre-Assessment consists of different parts: numerical reasoning, verbal reasoning and inductive-logical reasoning.)
3. Assessment with CEMS corporate partners- The assessment centre consists of four parts:
Presentation
Case study
Group discussion
Interview
4. Admission- Students evaluated to possess a suitable CEMS profile are admitted
5. School for semester abroad- After final acceptance of the student, the CEMS partner school for one semester abroad is allocated.

For more information about St Gallen's SIM, you can click here- https://www.mim-essay.com/st-gallen-mim-review/

Finally, let us come to the point and evaluate your profile.

You GPA is the only information objectively provided by you- which is extremely difficult to give a good evaluation of your profile. Even if you get a 680+ GMAT, still there are many factors which should be taken into account to evaluate your profile.
Essays- Letter of motivation strongly connecting all relevant experiences to your application and career goals.
If applicable, good description of your work experiences.
Co-curricular activities- whether or not relevant to your career goals, show the various traits and qualities of your personality.
These 3 points would complete the information needed to evaluate your profile. Assuming that apart from your good GPA and GMAT score you also are able to produce good results on these 3, your chances at St Gallen would be appreciable.

For exact evaluation, you can go for Free professional profile evaluation at -https://mim-essay.com/profile-evaluation?gcf

Hope this helped. Good luck

Originally posted by MiMEssay on 01 Sep 2016, 13:40.
Last edited by MiMEssay on 08 Nov 2019, 01:58, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Abhyank wrote:
St Gallen CEMS Master in Management is the world's top MiM program according to FT rankings.

Hope this helped. Good luck

The SIM and CEMS are two different things, and the admissions system is somewhat different :wink:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Send PM
The admission criteria has changed completely this year. Has anyone already done the video interview? If so, any thoughts?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GPA: 3.31
Send PM
Guilio wrote:
The admission criteria has changed completely this year. Has anyone already done the video interview? If so, any thoughts?

Look in the applicable post, this one is over 5 years old. If you can't find it, check my profile, I've posted to that post.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
The interview asks roughly 6 questions, giving you varied time to prepare and answer, for example 30 sec to 1 min prep time, and 2 mins to answer.
Questions range from Why St Gallen to questions to test you thinking, such as opinion based questions.

Overall just prepare a bit with a few mock interviews, get comfortable with the whole process and you should be fine.
They dont expect perfect answers, just want to see how you handle yourself and if you fit in with the core values of St. Gallen.

You can read a bit more about St. Gallen SIM here: https://www.mim-essay.com/st-gallen-mim-review/
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Schools: HSG SIM"20
Send PM
Hello!

I'm currently preparing for the application for 2018 intake.

I have some problems regarding the proof for extra curricular.

The admission requires proof for each extra-curricular experiences, I wonder if I should have someone translated those into English (I'm from Taiwan so many of the proof/certificate are in Chinese)

I've asked whether it should be verified by the officials, and reply is no need. But for the translation, I'm not sure. Can I translate by myself? How should it be presented?

Looking forward to someone to answer this~ :-) :-)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
How come there's so few replies to the thread this year.

What score should one be aiming for as a minimum to get the admit, based on their system, 65, 70 ?

Also is there anyone who got to the interview stage this year and can tell us how it went, what sort of questions were asked.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hey Linlinli,

To verify your proofs notary will be a good option.
For translation, you can do it yourself and you can send the translated copy along with the original copy side by side.

If the college needs anything else, they’ll get back to you.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hey SeanMurphy,

There is no fixed minimum point requirement as such to get the admit but the higher you aim the better your chances. A 70-75 score should be enough to get admission into the same.

The interview is a part of the application process and everyone has to give it. They have joined a host of other schools who use the Kira Video format, which is an automated and customized Video Interview tool which aims to get a more holistic assessment of the candidate’s profile.
The Kira platform starts off with practice questions so that you get more comfortable with the environment, and understand the type of questions you are expected to face.

After that the interview would start.
Some of the questions you could face are:
- What’s the best mistake you have ever made?
- How would you explain Facebook to your Grandma?
- What is one characteristic that you believe every leader should possess.

If you need expert guidance for your Interviews, you can check out our Interview Preparation Service:
Here is the link to the same: https://www.mim-essay.com/mim-interview-preparation/
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts