Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 07:23 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 07:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
Stratus Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [0]
Given Kudos: 88
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
Stratus Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [0]
Given Kudos: 88
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Re: Profile evaluation request [#permalink]
Expert Reply
cracktherock wrote:
Hi,

Thanks a lot for your valuable inputs because at this juncture, it means a lot to have some guidance.
I am having a few points which i would further like to discuss:
* Looking at my current job description which domain i should target/ which countries. Am i right in preferring 1 year MBA over two years?
As i am on a managerial role where its tough to move upwards without a proper MBA degree

hi @cracktherock- so with your procurement background I think there are a lot of areas you could move to with an MBA. I would focus in on an industry that you can leverage your experience and look for general management or product management roles. If you are not concerned about working in US, I would look at programs like INSEAD, HEC, LBS, Oxford. I would review all with the filter of what industry you want to work in post MBA and use that as a way to see which of these schools best prepare you for those roles.

*What should I do in the meantime to make my profile strong. Regarding extra curriculars I participated in sports etc in college & Colleges. My hobbies include sports activities.

In terms of extracurriculars- just think about demonstrating impact. Whatever you have been involved in, think about how it is better because you were doing something there. Focus on describing the impact you have had.
*Can u name some few good schools in terms of ROI in which I stand a chance.
* As there are some language requirements in Europe, will i be facing any problem after completing my terms. Do they prefer native speakers?
See my comments above about some programs to review- but again- look with the filter of who is strongest in getting you to your dream post MBA job.

To add, I am not looking to change functions and neither I am that much interested in working at USA. The thing which I am focusing on is overall growth

Again thanks for the insight.

Looking forward to your response.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile evaluation request [#permalink]