Last visit was: 22 May 2024, 23:13 It is currently 22 May 2024, 23:13
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1593 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1593 [1]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Re: Please evaluate my profile [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
agadodia wrote:

Thanks a lot GyanOne for your views and guidance. All your points are on the same lines as I was thinking.

Always glad to help

agadodia wrote:
I should have been more specific- I am currently working in the US in a leading semiconductor and telecom company in California and completing 5 years this Sept.

That is excellent and actually gives you a better chance. Have you visited your target schools already? If not, your absolutely should. Semiconductors is a good domain but your post-MBA goals, at least the way they are expressed, will give rise to questions on why you need an MBA to achieve them. Need to dwell on those a bit more and refine in expression.

agadodia wrote:
For the management experience, I am hoping to portray the growth in my responsibilities along with some accomplishments like establishing a team in India, mentoring, leading features, etc.

That alone may not be enough. The people part is good, but they are looking for more than that. Think problem solving and business exposure.

agadodia wrote:
Along with a busy full-time job, I think 3 months preparation for GMAT will be more realistic and achievable- which would mean missing most of R1 deadlines.

You are the best judge on that. Do keep setting targets and pacing yourself to measure progress.

agadodia wrote:
Is it advantageous to apply in R1 than in R2? Also can you please suggest some schools I can target based on my profile.

Put in your best application with your best GMAT score, whether it is in R1 or in R2. All other things being equal, prefer R1 to R2.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks a lot GyanOne for the prompt reply.

These are some good points to consider and keep in mind.
Ivy Groupe Admissions Consulting Representative
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Harvard Business School graduate and MBA admissions expert
Affiliations: Harvard, Princeton
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi there,

Thanks for sharing your background! You are demonstrating leadership in your professional role and extracurricular endeavors, which is great, but there are a couple of things that will make you more competitive at the schools you have listed:

- Raising your GMAT score to 740+. Unfortunately, you come from a tough demographic (Indian male), so getting that GMAT score up will be important to meet the threshold that these schools are expecting from your demographic
- Clearer post-MBA goals. Right now, the goals as stated feel very broad. You will want to be more specific, be able to "connect the dots in your story," and convey why you need the MBA now

R1 is better given that you come from an over-represented demographic. However, if you'll be able to put together a better quality application in Round 2, then it's better to wait

Hope that helps! If you would like to discuss further through a free consultation, feel free to reach out at https://www.ivygroupe.com/contact.

Best,
Shaifali
(HBS Grad/MBA Admissions Expert)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
IvyGroupeCEO wrote:
Hi there,

Thanks for sharing your background! You are demonstrating leadership in your professional role and extracurricular endeavors, which is great, but there are a couple of things that will make you more competitive at the schools you have listed:

- Raising your GMAT score to 740+. Unfortunately, you come from a tough demographic (Indian male), so getting that GMAT score up will be important to meet the threshold that these schools are expecting from your demographic
- Clearer post-MBA goals. Right now, the goals as stated feel very broad. You will want to be more specific, be able to "connect the dots in your story," and convey why you need the MBA now

R1 is better given that you come from an over-represented demographic. However, if you'll be able to put together a better quality application in Round 2, then it's better to wait

Hope that helps! If you would like to discuss further through a free consultation, feel free to reach out at https://www.ivygroupe.com/contact.

Best,
Shaifali
(HBS Grad/MBA Admissions Expert)

Thanks a lot Shaifali. All these pointers are definitely helpful.

Regards.
GMAT Club Bot