Last visit was: 22 May 2024, 19:28 It is currently 22 May 2024, 19:28
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.33
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all Wisconsin (Madison) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
For all who haven’t heard, the University of Wisconsin-Madison is voting on November 6th about whether to discontinue their full time MBA program in favor of smaller, more specialized programs such as their executive MBA program.

Even if the program is kept, I expect we won’t get admissions decisions until some time after 11/6. Fingers crossed!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 640 Q42 V36
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Re: Calling all Wisconsin (Madison) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Looks like the program is here to stay. Time to finish my R1 app.

https://bus.wisc.edu/knowledge-expertis ... 5056b0fcb4
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 3166 [0]
Given Kudos: 893
GRE 1: Q169 V154
Send PM
News from Wisconsin —>

Important Update from WSB Regarding Program Portfolio Review
October 25, 2017

We have heard from our community of students, alumni, and friends; therefore, we are going to stop further discussion of the one-year suspension of the full-time MBA. We moved too quickly without the broad consultation and discussion that our stakeholders can and should expect.

We will move forward with discussions on how to grow the undergraduate program and expand the graduate portfolio while simultaneously strengthening the full-time MBA experience. We will be inviting members of our community to help guide those discussions and be part of our efforts.

We value the input of our community and will invite our stakeholders to be part of discussions regarding the future direction of WSB.

On, Wisconsin!

Anne P. Massey
Albert O. Nicholas Dean
Wisconsin School of Business
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Has anyone heard for an interview from the adcom?

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yes, I have an interview set up for next week.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
ET6 wrote:
Yes, I have an interview set up for next week.

Hey when did you recieve the notification? I still haven't got any news. I am a little worried :(
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools: AGSM '18
Send PM
FROM Madison(Wisconsin) Admissions Blog: A Continuing Commitment to the Wisconsin Full-Time MBA Program
In a period of accelerated change with technology, globalization, and changing expectations of students, Dean Massey briefly contemplated shifting the resources that currently support the Full-time...
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
FROM Madison(Wisconsin) Admissions Blog: A Commitment to the Wisconsin Full-Time MBA Program
In a period of accelerated change with technology, globalization, and changing expectations of students, Dean Massey briefly contemplated shifting the resources that currently support the Full-time...
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I was contacted last Friday. It was for CFIB so maybe if you’re going for something else, that spec is a little behind? Decision date is 11/3 though so not much time left.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
FROM Madison(Wisconsin) Admissions Blog: Social Life and What to Expect from a Smaller Program
Being a student in the Center for Brand and Product Management (CBPM) at the University of Wisconsin is a lot of fun. It's hard work, too – don't get me wrong – but my classmates are...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
FROM Madison(Wisconsin) Admissions Blog: Specialization Spotlight: Real Estate
Wisconsin’s specialization approach gives students unmatched depth in real estate along with a general management core. Whether students want to manage million-dollar portfolios or develop...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Send PM
anybody got the decision?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
arias wrote:
anybody got the decision?

Not yet..
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Got the email just now. Admitted!

Good luck everyone!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Send PM
ET6 wrote:

Good luck everyone!

Big cong, my bro!!!
Which branch you're in?

I also got the in calling in a min, but I am in a dilemma, ER commitment Vs. fearing about Madison's quitting it's the MBA program again...
Will you accept it?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 640 Q42 V36
Send PM
arias wrote:
ET6 wrote:

Good luck everyone!

Big cong, my bro!!!
Which branch you're in?

I also got the in calling in a min, but I am in a dilemma, ER commitment Vs. fearing about Madison's quitting it's the MBA program again...
Will you accept it?

Congrats to both of you! Mind sharing your profiles and specializations? Did you have an interview? I am submitting my R1 application soon.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
kgfball88 wrote:
arias wrote:
ET6 wrote:

Good luck everyone!

Big cong, my bro!!!
Which branch you're in?

Will you accept it?

Congrats to both of you! Mind sharing your profiles and specializations? Did you have an interview? I am submitting my R1 application soon.

I actually already accepted and yeah I’ll share. I have 2 years work experience in engineering (3 at matriculation). I have an undergraduate gpa of 3.4. GMAT score of 690. My specialization is CFIB. And, yes I did interview. I think they interview everyone that they plan to admit as a final check. Finally, I don’t expect that they’ll try to cancel the program again for a very long time. The alumni really made an impressive stand.

GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6936 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts