Last visit was: 20 May 2024, 08:03 It is currently 20 May 2024, 08:03
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7  ...  32   
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Given Kudos: 74
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
WE:Business Development (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [2]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]
Bookmarks
SloanFellow19 wrote:
NattySingh wrote:
Hi all.. Submitted my application few mins ago.. Any idea when do they start sending the feedback? Should be somewhere in DEC end I suppose..

best of luck..

Thank you Sloanfellow19..wish you good luck too...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]
Kudos
Did any of you have a pre application phone chat with adcoms? , or a coffee meet up ?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Yes, I did. I don't know what question you may have but strongly suggest you watch the following video. Most of questions in phone chat or webinar were answered in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmq_miG ... _Pa2TPFf-d

Notagoodfeeling wrote:
Did any of you have a pre application phone chat with adcoms? , or a coffee meet up ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Wondering if others on this forum were called by adcom, prior to applying , is it a positive thing .. should be no ?

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Notagoodfeeling wrote:
Wondering if others on this forum were called by adcom, prior to applying , is it a positive thing .. should be no ?

Hello,
It is unique to MIT Sloan Fellow admission process. The first step is to register your interest in the program website, then, if selected, they will arrange a phone chat with you. As far as I know, every admitted applicants was called by phone prior to applying. The usual following step after that chat is the invite to visit the school, sit on class, chat with admission officials, and "free launch" with current students.
So, the answer to your question, is yes, I was called by admission committee member before applying. And it is a good sign for chances of final admission.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Ok, I was had a call for 30 + min by Adcom in early october, had a meeting with another associate director at an event in Delhi. I emailed both on submitting my application and got a reply from one. Interview invites maybe 3 weeks from now?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
SloanFellow19 wrote:
Notagoodfeeling wrote:

Hello,
It is unique to MIT Sloan Fellow admission process. The first step is to register your interest in the program website, then, if selected, they will arrange a phone chat with you. As far as I know, every admitted applicants was called by phone prior to applying. The usual following step after that chat is the invite to visit the school, sit on class, chat with admission officials, and "free launch" with current students.
So, the answer to your question, is yes, I was called by admission committee member before applying. And it is a good sign for chances of final admission.

Thanks for the info - I never registered myself on the website (or rather late). Let's see. Hope that doesn't become a negative... :| :|
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Never got phone call from adcom. Hope it's just a special call for very awesome candidates but not for all admitted applicants.

nitinsharma1212 wrote:
SloanFellow19 wrote:
Notagoodfeeling wrote:

Hello,

Thanks for the info - I never registered myself on the website (or rather late). Let's see. Hope that doesn't become a negative... :| :|
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Sorry, I was inaccurate. I should have said "every admitted applicants I know" and all from R1. I think for R2 it is quite hard to be invited for a class visit giving the time constraints, and courses schedule. But, of course, it is a good sign to have the call and engagement before applying. As I said earlier, this year in particular, chances are better for R2 applicants.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Send PM
Notagoodfeeling wrote:
Ok, I was had a call for 30 + min by Adcom in early october, had a meeting with another associate director at an event in Delhi. I emailed both on submitting my application and got a reply from one. Interview invites maybe 3 weeks from now?

These are very good indicators and promising. Keep up the spirit, it looks like they see you fit in the program..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V36
GPA: 4
WE:Business Development (Venture Capital)
Send PM
Thanks for the info, lets see how this pans out, I am happy that all the indicators look good for now
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I just checked my application status and saw "submitted" on the application website. Does anyone know what wording to be expected for next step, such as reviewing, reviewed, invited for interview ...etc?

BTW, any R2 applicants get feedback from MIT yet?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
SloanFellow19 wrote:
Notagoodfeeling wrote:

These are very good indicators and promising. Keep up the spirit, it looks like they see you fit in the program..

This made me nervous....I have applied 2nd round already. I didn't get any call from admissions before the application. Just standard email to ask me to attend online chats/webinar etc etc. Does that mean school isn't impressed about my profile?....I just hit the 10 years working experience by march 2018. I am in a special sector, which is sustainability and climate change. I was hoping that school could appreciate the diversity that I could contribute to the program....

Thoughts anyone?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
My take on this is , we just don’t know .. I would relax and let the admissions process pan out, I am sure the admissions committee will value good recos essays and diversity

Intern
Intern
Send PM
sloanaspirant wrote:
My take on this is , we just don’t know .. I would relax and let the admissions process pan out, I am sure the admissions committee will value good recos essays and diversity

OK. Fair enough. Thanks for replying~!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
What is the range of EA score one should target for this program ?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Average EA was 150 for lbs exec courses , my expectation of MIT Sloan is that it would be similar ,EA is a brand new test and adcom may just ignore it till they get more data in future years

This is quite clear with many graduates of the course in the past getting test waivers

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7  ...  32   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6929 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts