GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Jun 2018, 08:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
B
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2017, 21:02
Agree! I think it will takes more years to develop EA as a reliable test. It's like GMAT but still different from GMAT in structure. Furthermore, compare with GMAT, much fewer test takers can contribute their data to calculate stable percentiles. Anyway, in my opinion, as long as your EA score is not super low, it will be fine.

sloanaspirant wrote:
Average EA was 150 for lbs exec courses , my expectation of MIT Sloan is that it would be similar ,EA is a brand new test and adcom may just ignore it till they get more data in future years

This is quite clear with many graduates of the course in the past getting test waivers

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.3
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2017, 21:19
Hello, Anyone planning to apply for Stanford MSX and USC IBEAR? I couldn't find a thread on GMATClub...
Manager
Manager
S
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
WE: Business Development (Telecommunications)

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2017, 01:06
Hello,
anyone got an update from the school?
Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2017, 01:09
nitinsharma1212 wrote:
Hello, Anyone planning to apply for Stanford MSX and USC IBEAR? I couldn't find a thread on GMATClub...

Hi nitinsharma212,

There is a thread for Stanford MSx, here it is: https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all- ... 43039.html
I couldn't find one or the USCIBEAR..
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2017, 01:13
SloanFellow19 wrote:
nitinsharma1212 wrote:

Hi nitinsharma212,

There is a thread for Stanford MSx, here it is: https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all- ... 43039.html

Thanks Buddy - Have you finalized on MIT Sloan or still considering Stanford MSX?
Also if you don't mind Can you please share your profile - Just want to see what MIT is looking for... :)

Thanks for your help :thumbup:
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2017, 01:16
SloanFellow19 wrote:
Hello,
anyone got an update from the school?

Not Yet - Radio Silence.... Though I got an email saying MIT is processing the application - Not sure if it's a generic email.
Manager
Manager
S
GMAT 1: 640 Q50 V27
GPA: 4
WE: Business Development (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2017, 02:04
Deadline was 4th dec , should we expect something so soon from the school ?

Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2017, 03:49
nitinsharma1212 wrote:
SloanFellow19 wrote:
nitinsharma1212 wrote:

Hi nitinsharma212,

Thanks Buddy - Have you finalized on MIT Sloan or still considering Stanford MSX?
Also if you don't mind Can you please share your profile - Just want to see what MIT is looking for... :)

Thanks for your help :thumbup:

Yes, finalized on MIT, paid the deposit..
Engineer by profession and training, moved 5 years ago to the business development for telecom/technology, 13 years of WE, MIT & Stanford were my top choices with IBEAR closely behind. When I was accepted into MIT, I immediately withdrawn my application for Stanford MSx, ..
Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2017, 04:20
sloanaspirant wrote:
Deadline was 4th dec , should we expect something so soon from the school ?

I think so. Most likely this week they will start inviting.. be optimistic, you will receive your invitation soon..
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2017, 10:37
I think this year is very special due to the change of applicant requirements. Maybe even adcom is still learning this new change.
However, I read the posts about this program intake 2017. One user alphabeta4 applied in R2 and got interview invitation on Dec 15 2016. Another one sunandsand also applied in R2 and invited for interview on Dec 23 2016. So, according to the very limited information above, and MIT announced R2 interview will be in Jan 2018, I guess interview invitation will be give separately to selected applicants in Dec. Maybe it is because the location. The school has to arrange so many preparations to conduct one good interview. But what makes me surprised is the school invited candidates on Dec 23 last year, which I think they should be on vacation on that day.

Anyway, I keep my fingers crossed for my good news.
Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2017, 01:24
fourleaf wrote:
I think this year is very special due to the change of applicant requirements. Maybe even adcom is still learning this new change.
However, I read the posts about this program intake 2017. One user alphabeta4 applied in R2 and got interview invitation on Dec 15 2016. Another one sunandsand also applied in R2 and invited for interview on Dec 23 2016. So, according to the very limited information above, and MIT announced R2 interview will be in Jan 2018, I guess interview invitation will be give separately to selected applicants in Dec. Maybe it is because the location. The school has to arrange so many preparations to conduct one good interview. But what makes me surprised is the school invited candidates on Dec 23 last year, which I think they should be on vacation on that day.

Anyway, I keep my fingers crossed for my good news.

You are right, this year is special, changes also took place for the program administration, so, it could be anytime they send the invites...
Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2017, 15:45
anyone got any message? I think they sent some invites today...

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2017, 17:24
Wow! You must have sources in adcom! Unfortunately, I got nothing at all so far. Positively, I still have a chance to be inbterviewed. :grin:
SloanFellow19 wrote:

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2017, 17:34
Hi SloanFellow19, if you login the application system again now, will you see any change of your application status?
I login again and found my status is still "submitted." Not sure this status will change or not.

SloanFellow19 wrote:

Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2017, 17:42
fourleaf wrote:
Wow! You must have sources in adcom! Unfortunately, I got nothing at all so far. Positively, I still have a chance to be inbterviewed. :grin:
SloanFellow19 wrote:

Hahaha... I've source from applicants.. one (at least) got invited today..

Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2017, 17:43
Interview invites international ?

Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2017, 17:45
fourleaf wrote:
Hi SloanFellow19, if you login the application system again now, will you see any change of your application status?
I login again and found my status is still "submitted." Not sure this status will change or not.

SloanFellow19 wrote:

It is still "submitted"

Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2017, 17:46
sloanaspirant wrote:
Interview invites international ?

Yes.

Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2017, 18:05
From Asia ? , I was hoping to get invited from India , maybe wait a bit more then

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2017, 18:14
Got it. Appreciate your help!
SloanFellow19 wrote:
fourleaf wrote:

SloanFellow19 wrote:

It is still "submitted"

Re: Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019!   [#permalink] 13 Dec 2017, 18:14

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  31    Next  [ 620 posts ] 

Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019!

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap