Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 11:24 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 11:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Re: Goizueta with scholarship or wait an year [#permalink]
Expert Reply
YoungIndian wrote:
Greetings!

I recently received an admit from Goizueta with 60% scholarship. I'm an Indian male candidate with a little less than 2.5 years of experience in tech consulting and come from the most represented demographic for B-School admissions. I have a 760 on the GMAT. My goal is to transition to product management in Tech giants such Amazon/MSFT/Google.

Because of serious illnesses this year, I'm not at the best of my health and doubt that I'd be able to recover fully to perform to the best of my potential if I join a B-school in US next year. I also feel that I'd need to struggle harder than others for internships and recruitment because I'd have less work experience compared to the average, and I might not be able to do the same as I would not be at my 100%. Plus International candidates have to struggle harder anyway as they require H1B sponsorship so I want to join a B-school when I'm fully ready.

The scholarship at Goizueta is very enticing as I would certainly not be able to go to a US B-school without such a scholarship. However, I'm also slightly concerned that Goizueta is not a good fit for my goals of product management in tech (Although just Amazon recruits there). One of the options I am considering is to wait an year and apply to a school such as Foster which places better in tech Product Management. (I doubt that I can pull a decent app for Foster in R2 or have a decent shot now due to less work experience. 2019 intake is preferable to me anyhow as it will also buy me time to become prepared for the demands of a B-school).

I'm looking for advice, suggestions or any inputs on whether it makes sense to let go of Goizueta which probably might be my only chance ever of attending a good B-school for the reason that I don't feel ready for the B-school journey.

Thanks so much for your time and consideration!

As the others mentioned, as I'm sure you are aware, with health issues you will have no problem deferring for a year. And in the meanwhile this will give you time to see what else you can do.

Best of luck!
and feel better,
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MBADecoder PersonalMBACoach JonAdmissionado
Thank you all so much! These replies are extremely helpful. :)

PersonalMBACoach
I should have thrown more light on my application experience this season in the original post. I applied to 3 US school - one 10-15th ranked school, Goizueta and Kelley. I did not receive an interview invitation from the top-15 school and got denied recently, but received admits from both Kelley (good scholarship and Graduate assistantship) and Goizueta as mentioned before.
Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
Expert Reply
YoungIndian wrote:
MBADecoder PersonalMBACoach JonAdmissionado
Thank you all so much! These replies are extremely helpful. :)

PersonalMBACoach
I should have thrown more light on my application experience this season in the original post. I applied to 3 US school - one 10-15th ranked school, Goizueta and Kelley. I did not receive an interview invitation from the top-15 school and got denied recently, but received admits from both Kelley (good scholarship and Graduate assistantship) and Goizueta as mentioned before.

Understood. Thank you for the additional clarification. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Best,
Scott
GMAT Club Bot