Last visit was: 09 May 2024, 10:20 It is currently 09 May 2024, 10:20

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 340 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [0]
Given Kudos: 1752
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: MBA at 37 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
gautam124 wrote:
Hello all

My name is Gautam. I am from India.
I am planning to pursue my MBA from Canada Or Australia.

Profile:
Work Ex. : 12 Years. Govt Finance Institution [In Commercial/Project/Development Finance]

Graduation : Agriculture (8.33/10 Undergraduate, 8.49 Post Graduate)/ Masters In Finance (6.67/10, Distance)
GMAT : 650 [Q47, v34, AWA 5.0, IR 4.0]
Extra : Winner of Inter-Collegiate Oratory Competitions, Played Chess for college and was in University Senate as student member

Few universities in my mind such as York, Mcgill, Rotman [Toronto], Sauder. I spoke to Telfer- Canada and Mcquarrie- Aus and they want me to apply!

I need Finance (No Co-signer), and hope for some scholarship (got a few in UK once, including a good full waiver from Henley and GBP 10 from Lancaster/Cass, but coudnt go due to fin. problems).

Am I too late? Some Schools in Canada said so (McMaster, Ivy and Queens)

Hoping for feedback and fearing some bashing....

Hello Gautam,
At your age and experience, you may want to consider EMBA programs, which are generally part time programs, created to provide experienced business executives with real-world tools and information to advance their careers without impacting their busy schedules. Students in EMBA programs are usually around 37 years of age, with at least 10 years of experience in an executive position.
You can see a list of top EMBA programs here: https://aringo.com/emba-programs/
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Expert Reply
gautam124 wrote:
Hello all

My name is Gautam. I am from India.
I am planning to pursue my MBA from Canada Or Australia.

Profile:
Work Ex. : 12 Years. Govt Finance Institution [In Commercial/Project/Development Finance]

Graduation : Agriculture (8.33/10 Undergraduate, 8.49 Post Graduate)/ Masters In Finance (6.67/10, Distance)
GMAT : 650 [Q47, v34, AWA 5.0, IR 4.0]
Extra : Winner of Inter-Collegiate Oratory Competitions, Played Chess for college and was in University Senate as student member

Few universities in my mind such as York, Mcgill, Rotman [Toronto], Sauder. I spoke to Telfer- Canada and Mcquarrie- Aus and they want me to apply!

I need Finance (No Co-signer), and hope for some scholarship (got a few in UK once, including a good full waiver from Henley and GBP 10 from Lancaster/Cass, but coudnt go due to fin. problems).

Am I too late? Some Schools in Canada said so (McMaster, Ivy and Queens)

Hoping for feedback and fearing some bashing....

Hi gautam124,

Apologies for the delay in responding to you but we hope this finds you in time still :)

At your age and experience, we would suggest that you apply to an EMBA program. Of course, the GMAT score is a bit on the lower side and if you can boost it, your chances of securing an admit will definitely go up. The strategy of writing to different schools is a very good one and we should continue to adopt it for other schools as well :) It will be good to hear how enthusiastic the school is about your candidature. Basis the same, you can apply to the select schools.

Having said the above, the essays will play a very crucial role in your application, as well. Ensure that you put forth a set of essays that highlight your strengths, clearly explain your need for an MBA at this point and showcase a logically flowing set of career goals :)

Should you need help with any of the above, please write to us :)

Thanks.

All the best!
GMAT Club Bot