GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Nov 2018, 03:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

MBA at 37

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V34
GPA: 3.81
WE: Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
MBA at 37  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2018, 10:39
Hello all

My name is Gautam. I am from India.
I am planning to pursue my MBA from Canada Or Australia.

Profile:
Work Ex. : 12 Years. Govt Finance Institution [In Commercial/Project/Development Finance]

Graduation : Agriculture (8.33/10 Undergraduate, 8.49 Post Graduate)/ Masters In Finance (6.67/10, Distance)
GMAT : 650 [Q47, v34, AWA 5.0, IR 4.0]
Extra : Winner of Inter-Collegiate Oratory Competitions, Played Chess for college and was in University Senate as student member

Few universities in my mind such as York, Mcgill, Rotman [Toronto], Sauder. I spoke to Telfer- Canada and Mcquarrie- Aus and they want me to apply!

I need Finance (No Co-signer), and hope for some scholarship (got a few in UK once, including a good full waiver from Henley and GBP 10 from Lancaster/Cass, but coudnt go due to fin. problems).

Am I too late? Some Schools in Canada said so (McMaster, Ivy and Queens)

Hoping for feedback and fearing some bashing....
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V34
GPA: 3.81
WE: Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Re: MBA at 37  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2018, 19:06
My goal after MBA is to continue in my current job, with improved professional excellence and thereby chances of further advances, into senior management. I am already at initial step of middle management.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
G

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2018, 19:07
So you're based in India want an MBA to return to your current company? You would be a good candidate for a PTMBA given your age and your needs but that seems to not align well for you given your desire to attend a program in Australia or Canada

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

MBA Admissions Consultant
G
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2018, 07:36
gautam124 wrote:
Hello all

Profile:
Work Ex. : 12 Years. Govt Finance Institution [In Commercial/Project/Development Finance]

Graduation : Agriculture (8.33/10 Undergraduate, 8.49 Post Graduate)/ Masters In Finance (6.67/10, Distance)
Extra : Winner of Inter-Collegiate Oratory Competitions, Played Chess for college and was in University Senate as student member

Few universities in my mind such as York, Mcgill, Rotman [Toronto], Sauder. I spoke to Telfer- Canada and Mcquarrie- Aus and they want me to apply!

I need Finance (No Co-signer), and hope for some scholarship (got a few in UK once, including a good full waiver from Henley and GBP 10 from Lancaster/Cass, but coudnt go due to fin. problems).

Hello Gautam,
At your age and experience, you may want to consider EMBA programs, which are generally part time programs, created to provide experienced business executives with real-world tools and information to advance their careers without impacting their busy schedules. Students in EMBA programs are usually around 37 years of age, with at least 10 years of experience in an executive position.
You can see a list of top EMBA programs here: https://aringo.com/emba-programs/

https://ARINGO.com/ – MBA Admissions Consulting

Specializing in candidates with GMATs under 720 or low GPAs

Try our free Admissions Chances Calculator - https://aringo.com/mba-admission-chances-calculator/

All statistics verified by Ernst & Young - https://aringo.com/aringo-mba-admission-statistics/

Experts' Global Representative
G

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2018, 03:39
gautam124 wrote:
Hello all

Profile:

Hi gautam124,

Apologies for the delay in responding to you but we hope this finds you in time still :)

At your age and experience, we would suggest that you apply to an EMBA program. Of course, the GMAT score is a bit on the lower side and if you can boost it, your chances of securing an admit will definitely go up. The strategy of writing to different schools is a very good one and we should continue to adopt it for other schools as well :) It will be good to hear how enthusiastic the school is about your candidature. Basis the same, you can apply to the select schools.

Having said the above, the essays will play a very crucial role in your application, as well. Ensure that you put forth a set of essays that highlight your strengths, clearly explain your need for an MBA at this point and showcase a logically flowing set of career goals :)

Should you need help with any of the above, please write to us :)

Thanks.

All the best!

Akanksha Baldawa
Experts' Global
Students from 20+ nationalities
Every 10th Indian in US top 50 is our student!
$ 2Mn+ Scholarship Each Year Since 2010!
GMAT Preparation Online | 15 GMAT Practice Tests
MBA Admissions Consulting | MBA Interview Preparation

GMAT Club Bot
Re: MBA at 37 &nbs [#permalink] 23 Feb 2018, 03:39

MBA at 37

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap