Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 21:12 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 21:12

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 506 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V32
GPA: 3.31
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Re: Profile evaluation: former IT professional turned Entrepreneur [#permalink]
Expert Reply
AkankshaSingh90 wrote:
Hi Guys,

I am an indian female ,worked in IT(forbes top 100 MNC) for 3.5 years,left it and started a gifting site of my own with 2 other partners.The venture is now 2 years old and doing well.so have experience of entrepreneurship 2 years.
But now i feel that i should pursue MBA and then serve the same business.With the current preparation i believe i can score around 640 - 680.I am planning to appear for GMAT in july'18.All i wanted to understand is what is the take of B schools on entrepreneurs.Is it a plus over other professionals.Which B schools are best for entrepreneurs in USA or which ones should i target?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-G955F using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Hi Akanksha,

Over the years, entrepreneurship has become a big thing in b-schools and almost every MBA program offers courses on the subject. If you have been able to monetize your company, it will make you look good on the application.
I won't say that entrepreneurship is a plus over other professions because b-schools draw a mix of applicants from diverse backgrounds in their class so that everyone has something to offer from their diverse experiences.
We will have a clearer idea about which b-schools will be good targets for you once you have a GMAT score in hand. Though I would recommend you aim higher than 680 if you are eyeing the top 20 MBA programs. A 720+ score will be closer to what your Indian competition would have on average.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MBADecoder wrote:
AkankshaSingh90 wrote:
Hi Guys,

I am an indian female ,worked in IT(forbes top 100 MNC) for 3.5 years,left it and started a gifting site of my own with 2 other partners.The venture is now 2 years old and doing well.so have experience of entrepreneurship 2 years.
But now i feel that i should pursue MBA and then serve the same business.With the current preparation i believe i can score around 640 - 680.I am planning to appear for GMAT in july'18.All i wanted to understand is what is the take of B schools on entrepreneurs.Is it a plus over other professionals.Which B schools are best for entrepreneurs in USA or which ones should i target?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Akanksha,

Over the years, entrepreneurship has become a big thing in b-schools and almost every MBA program offers courses on the subject. If you have been able to monetize your company, it will make you look good on the application.
I won't say that entrepreneurship is a plus over other professions because b-schools draw a mix of applicants from diverse backgrounds in their class so that everyone has something to offer from their diverse experiences.
We will have a clearer idea about which b-schools will be good targets for you once you have a GMAT score in hand. Though I would recommend you aim higher than 680 if you are eyeing the top 20 MBA programs. A 720+ score will be closer to what your Indian competition would have on average.
Appreciate your guidance..will work on score improvement.
Thanks

CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
AkankshaSingh90 wrote:
MBADecoder wrote:
AkankshaSingh90 wrote:
Hi Guys,

Hi Akanksha,

Appreciate your guidance..will work on score improvement.
Thanks

Glad to help Aakanksha.
I also wanted to add that adcoms will be interested in knowing how you have scaled up/ made your company profitable. Everyone likes successful people after all. This is to answer whether your profile will be a plus over other applicants. So while being an entrepreneur definitely makes you look good, what you achieve will make you look better.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
Glad to help and all the best!

I also want to answer whether your profile will be a plus over other applicants. The adcoms will be interested in knowing how you have scaled up/ made your company profitable. Everyone likes successful people after all. So while being an entrepreneur definitely makes you look good, what you have achieved will make you look better.
GMAT Club Bot