Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 01:25 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 01:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 501 [1]
Given Kudos: 72
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 733 [1]
Given Kudos: 362
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 351 [0]
Given Kudos: 97
Send PM
Re: Score Guarantee if already scored 700+ [#permalink]
Hi ak0695,

Congratulations on 710 and all the best for you preparation.

My opinion would be to research properly and read the fine pint, when going for such schemes, for the courses I had checked(some 3-4 months back), most of them offered money back only if your previous score was less than 650 or likewise. Ofcourse, this was not highlighted upfront and I had to research some bit to get to that clause.
Magoosh GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 398 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
Expert Reply
ak0695 wrote:
Hi,

I just took my GMAT and scored a 710 (Q49, V38), a score that I am not satisfied with. I have heard from many of my friends that they found Magoosh to be highly effective for their GMAT preparation, but they all used Magoosh resources before their first attempt.

I self-studied for about a month before the test (took GMAT Prep tests 1 and 2 2x, completed about 50% of OG medium and hard problems, and did the Manhattan SC and CR strategy guides) and have at least some understanding of quant and verbal concepts that will enable me to skip reviewing some of the more basic material on Magoosh. I want to retake the GMAT while the material is still fresh - is there a one month plan for advanced students? Additionally, will the score guarantee apply if I have a score over 710 (essentially guaranteeing me a score of 760!)

Thank you.

Hi ak0695!

Glad to hear you're considering Magoosh! I think we can definitely help :)

The score guarantee definitely will still apply. However, keep in mind that there are certain requirements that you have to meet in order to get a refund if you don't hit 760: watching all the lesson videos, answering all the practice questions, and watching all the explanation videos for incorrect questions. So just be aware of that if you're planning on skipping some of the material (clearly our score guarantee is designed around students who are starting at a lower score :) ).

We don't specifically have a 1-month advanced plan. The primary difference between the advanced and the other plans is the addition of more difficult outside resources (outside of Magoosh). With only one month to study, it probably doesn't really make sense to add in these extra resources on top of Magoosh. All of our plans, including the regular 1-month plan, cover all the Magoosh material. So I'd recommend just following that and adding in extra review, as necessary, of more advanced topics from our blog: https://magoosh.com/gmat/

If you do end up signing up with Magoosh, we can definitely give you more specific suggestions along the way :)

Let me know if you have any questions about this!
-Carolyn
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1137
Schools: NUS '23
GPA: 4
Send PM
can anyone please help me out

i recently started with CATs and have been scoring in the range of 690-720 on 6 Princeton Review Practice tests....however when i took the Economist test the scores dropped significantly to 480...I’m really worried about my preparation...can’t gauge whether i’ve been preparing wrong or was the economist test really that tough :( :(
please help my GMAT exam is due on 14th November :sad:
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 351 [1]
Given Kudos: 97
Send PM
Kudos
Hello applebear,

Please find here an overview of the CATs: https://gmatclub.com/forum/all-gmat-pra ... ml?fl=menu

Please note that the GMAT prep mocks are the best way to judge your actual stance in the gmat. They provide you with the closest scores.
I will advice you to take a Gmat Prep exam immediately to identify where your level of preparation and the areas, where you need to improve. Keep taking mocks to gauge your improvements and strategise as per your scores, the study plan to the Actual Exam !
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 501 [1]
Given Kudos: 72
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Kudos
applebear wrote:
can anyone please help me out

i recently started with CATs and have been scoring in the range of 690-720 on 6 Princeton Review Practice tests....however when i took the Economist test the scores dropped significantly to 480...I’m really worried about my preparation...can’t gauge whether i’ve been preparing wrong or was the economist test really that tough :( :(
please help my GMAT exam is due on 14th November :sad:

Hello applebear

Nice nick :)

Princeton Tests do come on easy side of the CAT family.

So that will not be a surprise.

Furthermore, I would not say that Economist CAT is a relevant test also, in terms of mimicking real one.

Since your exam is due on 14th November, you would not have much of time to experiment anyway, so by far the best solution is GMATprep and additional paid ones if you decide you need them.

That being said, Manhattan would be next best thing, but keep in mind there quant is little bit harder and verbal is not that similar in terms of style.

Same story would be with GMAT Club tests, as second best alternative along with Manhattan, to official mocks.

Good luck with prep and testing ! :cool:
GMAT Club Bot