It is currently 17 Oct 2017, 17:59

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

All GMAT Practice Tests - Overview (free and paid)

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Expert Post
23 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
P

Kudos [?]: 28476 [23], given: 5105

GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
All GMAT Practice Tests - Overview (free and paid) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2016, 05:36
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
This post was
BOOKMARKED

Overview of All Avaialble GMAT Practice Tests

Remember that it is a good idea to take a practice test to establish a baseline - most of these will do for that purpose. However, it is not a good idea to take full length tests until you have mastered the concepts you have been tested on.

Which CAT's do you Recommend?
GMAT Prep CAT's
GMAT Club CAT's
MGMAT CAT's
Veritas Prep CAT's
Kaplan CAT's
Economist CAT's
Princeton Review CAT's
Experts' Global CATs

Tier 1 Practice Tests:

GMATPrep Software by GMAC
  • Free Tests: Yes – 2
    The question bank includes over 500 questions and thus the CATs can potentially be taken multiple times. Many have reported retaking it 2 and 3 times with a sufficient number of new non-repeating questions). If you have already exhausted the 2 CAT’s, you can find a collection of all included questions here: GMAT Prep Quant and GMAT Prep SC, GMAT Prep CR, and GMAT Prep RC
  • Price: Free for 2 tests.
    Additional Exam Packs (EP1 and EP2) can be purchased for $50 from GMAC (or for $35 from GMAT Club, for Premium members)
  • Bottom Line: Practice tests distributed by the GMAC, the administrator of the GMAT. GMAT Prep is the only test that contains real GMAT Questions and is undoubtedly the best predictor of the final GMAT Score. This product is extremely valuable at the end of preparation and many believe should not be "wasted" on pre-prep analysis or for diagnostic purposes.
  • GMAT Club Member Comments: "This is by far the most accurate and realistic."
  • Download Link: http://www.mba.com/us/store/download-fr ... tware.aspx

GMAT Club Free CATs
  • Free Tests: Yes – 2 CAT’s. Previously these were static simulation tests; however we have upgraded our free tests to a CAT format about a year ago.
  • Price:
    • $79 for a 3-month subscription to a 1,500 question bank with 30+ CATs (26 Quant and 7 Verbal)
    • Free on US Public Holidays
    • Free to users with 25 Kudos – Redeem here
  • Bottom Line: Our in-house tests developed to challenge anyone and bring out the best in the 700+ seekers. Hardest questions on the market; created by bb, Bunuel, and other prominent Moderators.
  • GMAT Club Member Comments: “Excellent tool for improving your Quant to the top level. As the name implies these tests were designed to challenge you. With some effort from your side they help you learn how to solve tough Quant questions. The Challenges cover all necessary areas of Quant section such as Algebra, Geometry, Statistics, Probability, Combinations/Permutation etc."
    Link: http://gmatclub.com/tests-beta/dashboard/startfree.html

Manhattan Prep GMAT CATs
  • Free Tests: Yes - 1 Free Test
    Price:
    • $49 for 5 Additional CAT’s
    • Free if you purchase a full set of the MGMAT Guides
    • Free if you buy a MGMAT Course.

Please note that MGMAT has changed their Test Access Policy. As of Nov 1, 2016, a single strategy guide only provides access to a single CAT test. Thus, you must purchase a full bundle or 6 guides to get access to the tests.
  • Bottom Line: Very strong and quite accurate set of 6 CAT’s with good adaptive algorithm and quality questions. Note that many members have reported MGMAT quant to be harder than the real thing, thus many recommend adding a few points to your Quant score
  • GMAT Club Member Comments: “In general, the results on real GMAT are in +/- 40 point range compared to MGMAT. Very good tool for personal evaluation, which helps to find week spots in your knowledge. Highly recommended if you want to check on your preparation progress."
  • Free Tests Link: https://www.manhattanprep.com/gmat/free ... tice-test/

Veritas Prep GMAT CATs
  • Free Tests: Yes - online free test
  • Price:
    • 1 free test or
    • Buy 7 tests for $49 or
    • Get 7 CAT’s free if you are a Premium Member
    • Insider Trick: you can get 2 CATs free if you opt for a special offer during registration on GMAT Club (must register a new account to use this offer)
    Veritas Prep also has a free GMAT Question Bank, which includes hundreds of realistic, completely free GMAT questions, a personal account to track your progress and review your past results, and detailed solutions for each question and a breakdown of how other students have answered each question.
  • Bottom Line: Veritas Prep has overhauled their CATs about a year ago and invested substantial effort into making the scoring as close as possible to the official GMAT. You will find a great interface and quality questions here.
  • Link: http://www.veritasprep.com/gmat/gmat-practice-test/

Economist GMAT Tutor Free CAT
  • Free Tests: Yes - online free test. To take the test, sign up for a free 7-day trial that comes with a test and a number of video lessons. No payment or credit card is required. Your free trial will last indefinitely.
  • Bottom Line: adaptive tests, solid questions, and accurate scoring.
  • Price: You cannot purchase tests separately, only as a part of the course, but the free trial offers access to quite a few questions
  • Link: http://econgm.at/gmatclub

Kaplan GMAT CAT
  • Free Tests: Yes - 1 Free Kaplan Test - you have a choice of self-paced or with a proctor
  • Price: $30 for 6 full-length practice tests on CD/Online if you purchase a Kaplan Premier book
  • Bottom Line: Good Value if purchased with a book – you can use both supplement your prep. In the past, the Kaplan tests used to grade much harsher, often resulting into 50-100 point with the official test. Several years ago they have updated the tests and the scoring algorithm to match the scores closer to real GMAT. Up to 9 tests are available with purchase of prep courses.
  • GMAT Club Member Comments: "Good tricks and though questions in both Math and Verbal. Kaplan CATs will force you to think in the right direction.”
  • Link: http://www.kaptest.com/gmat/gmat-practi ... pages-2016

Math Revolution Diagnostic Test
  • Free Tests: Yes - 1 Free Quant Test
  • Price: Free
  • Bottom Line: Helpful quant-only diagnostic test
  • Link: https://goo.gl/kn4n2r

Princeton Review GMAT CAT
  • Free Tests: Yes - 1 Free Test, similar to Kaplan, you have to register for it as an event.
  • Price: Access to 4 online tests comes with Cracking the GMAT – about $30
  • Bottom Line: Overall is a good practice if starting from scratch and targeting 600 to 700 range.
  • GMAT Club Member Comments: “PR is very good as a refresher. The Princeton CATs are designed for those starting on basics concepts. As a result the Quant section seems to be primitive compared with Manhattan GMAT or Kaplan.”
  • Link: http://www.princetonreview.com/business ... ctice-test

Experts' Global
  • Free Tests: No
  • 15 Full tests with AWA and IR
  • Includes video explanations for each question
  • Bottom Line: adaptive tests, questions carry resemblance to official questions, sometimes too similar.
  • Price: $29
  • Link: http://www.expertsglobal.com/gmat-practice-tests

TIER 2 TESTS:

These are not verified to work or provide accurate scores. You are welcome to use them at your own decision - this is a listing only and not an endorsement.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Last edited by bb on 19 Jul 2017, 21:44, edited 12 times in total.
Added more resources

Kudos [?]: 28476 [23], given: 5105

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesJamboree Discount Codese-GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 306

GMAT 1: 610 Q47 V27
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V37
WE: Other (Aerospace and Defense)
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: All GMAT Practice Tests - Overview (free and paid) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2016, 11:23
Great post BB!
Activated my MGMAT 6 free CAT'S just days before the policy change. Wasn't aware of that until now! Phew

Recommend GMAT Prep, MGMAT, and GMAT Club Quant.
GMAT Club Quant for the hardest Quant and Veritas Prep for Quant as well.

As mentioned all over the forum, stick to GMAT Prep as much as possible especially for an accurate Verbal indicator.
Quant tends to be much more accurate for most CATs.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 6

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2016, 14:58
Thanks for the post BB!

For the MGMAT CATs, is it 1 free test then 5 additional you can purchase for a total of 6 CATs? Or is it 1 free test and 6 additional that can be purchased? I ask this because I created an account on MGMAT to do the free test and noticed 5 tests that can be unlocked for a price.

Cheers.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 6

Manager
Manager
B

GMAT 1: 610 Q47 V27
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V37
WE: Other (Aerospace and Defense)

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2016, 15:39
cedric63 wrote:
Thanks for the post BB!

For the MGMAT CATs, is it 1 free test then 5 additional you can purchase for a total of 6 CATs? Or is it 1 free test and 6 additional that can be purchased? I ask this because I created an account on MGMAT to do the free test and noticed 5 tests that can be unlocked for a price.

Cheers.

There are 6 CATs in total.
You can receive 1 free test just by signing up. You now get 1 test per book you purchase from them. This is why if you buy the book bundle, you receive all 6 CAT's (including 1 free one)
Like you mentioned, you can also unlock the CAT's by simply purchasing them.

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
P

Kudos [?]: 28476 [0], given: 5105

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2016, 16:28
Kurai wrote:
cedric63 wrote:
Thanks for the post BB!

Cheers.

There are 6 CATs in total.
You can receive 1 free test just by signing up. You now get 1 test per book you purchase from them. This is why if you buy the book bundle, you receive all 6 CAT's (including 1 free one)
Like you mentioned, you can also unlock the CAT's by simply purchasing them.

Thank you Guys! I will clarify this point in the first post/description.

Founder of GMAT Club

1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
G

Kudos [?]: 285 [1], given: 163

Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2016, 17:17
This post received
KUDOS
Great post :)

I think you can add Magoosh as you can personalize 2 CAT's through the question bank

Kudos [?]: 285 [1], given: 163

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2016, 11:52
Great post!
I am slight confused. I would like to start with mock test by purchasing tests from one source in the beginning!
I am confused between mgmat veritas and Kaplan! Which one would you be able to suggest from these?
Any help would be highly appreciated.
Regards
Zubin

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
P

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2016, 14:43
zubin_b@hotmail.com wrote:
Great post!
I am slight confused. I would like to start with mock test by purchasing tests from one source in the beginning!
I am confused between mgmat veritas and Kaplan! Which one would you be able to suggest from these?
Any help would be highly appreciated.
Regards
Zubin

I don't think it matters all that much. What what you can get conveniently/fast enough.
Kaplan tests come included with a book and Veritas Prep ones you can buy stand-alone (sometimes at a discount) or bundled with Premium Membershp or their course. MGMAT come with the book bundle.

P.S. As Mo2men pointed out, MGMAT and Veritas Prep are probably some of the most updated/polished products.

Founder of GMAT Club

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 01 Jan 2017, 10:30
Hi guys,

I am going to take the GMAT in one month so I need to buy additional CAT tests. I've already taken the two free officials and the last one was from Veritas. I scored 680, 690, 690. I don't really need to know in a very accurate way my current level rather have the best chances to score as high as possible on the actual day. I need 3 tests (one by week) so I was wondering whether I should buy the 6 from Veritas (for something like 20$ they are currently discounted) or 2 from GMATPrep and take the free one from Manhattan.
What's the best option ?

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 2 [1], given: 12

GPA: 3.1
WE: Pharmaceuticals (Health Care)

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2017, 01:28
This post received
KUDOS
floprg wrote:
Hi guys,

I am going to take the GMAT in one month so I need to buy additional CAT tests. I've already taken the two free officials and the last one was from Veritas. I scored 680, 690, 690. I don't really need to know in a very accurate way my current level rather have the best chances to score as high as possible on the actual day. I need 3 tests (one by week) so I was wondering whether I should buy the 6 from Veritas (for something like 20$ they are currently discounted) or 2 from GMATPrep and take the free one from Manhattan.
What's the best option ?

Hi floprg
The best predictor would be GMAT Prep. Veritas and MGMAT may unsettle you. GMATPrep would be the closest you can get to an actual exam.
Cheers.

Kudos [?]: 2 [1], given: 12

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 40

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2017, 13:18
Hi bb, Thank you very much!

Many people claimed that Kaplan used to upset them by low score, but as you pointed out, Kaplan changed the algorithm several years ago so the score would go up. But do you think that the score in Kaplan cat goes up too much?
I just took the test and got 730 (Q51, V39) - a bit too high (verbal) compared to my expectation.
all: anybody recently took the test and shared the same concern? (I exhausted all 6 GMATPREP tests so I really need to rely on other sources to track my progress)

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 40

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 5

GMAT 1: 490 Q36 V22
GPA: 3
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2017, 03:33
veritas prep and mgmat are quite accurate

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 5

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2017, 08:37
Hi,

I need to improve my verbal. Which test would be test choice?

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Manager
Manager
S

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 17

Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 4
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2017, 04:21
Thanks a lot..... Great info. :)

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 17

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2017, 06:27
Hi,
what about the free online access tests from GMAT official guide upon the purchase of the GMAT official guide book? Any idea whether the tests are a good gauge of the actual GMAT exam? :-D

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

VP
VP
D

Kudos [?]: 878 [0], given: 53

Show Tags

New post 14 Jun 2017, 18:55
Hi bb, it would be more helpful if you update the quality of question set in each CAT :-D A high quality CAT comes from 2 conditions: high quality questions and accurate score algorithm

Actual LSAT CR bank by Broall

How to solve quadratic equations - Factor quadratic equations
Factor table with sign: The useful tool to solve polynomial inequalities
Applying AM-GM inequality into finding extreme/absolute value

New Error Log with Timer

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 1192

GMAT 1: 490 Q41 V18
GPA: 2.75
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 23 Jun 2017, 03:31
Hi, thanks for the helpful post. I had a query. Does the 3 month access option of gmatclub include 7 veritasprep tests?

Cheers.

Heading towards perfection>>

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 1192

VP
VP
D

Show Tags

New post 23 Jun 2017, 03:38

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
P

Show Tags

New post 23 Jun 2017, 09:40
ranaazad wrote:
Hi, thanks for the helpful post. I had a query. Does the 3 month access option of gmatclub include 7 veritasprep tests?

Cheers.

You can get 7 Veritas Prep tests free if you purchase Premium Membership. The link above will give you an option to add it to one of the test packages or you can buy it here: https://gmatclub.com/forum/premium?fl=menu

Founder of GMAT Club

Manager
Manager
S

Kudos [?]: 72 [0], given: 106

GMAT 1: 640 Q50 V25
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.48
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 01 Jul 2017, 03:21
Hi expert bb, could you please give some advices on what next steps should be taken..

For the past 1 month, I have taken 5 tests (2 from GMAT Prep and 3 from MCAT), and I could see some clear differences between CATs of these 2 providers.
Regarding Verbal, I got the same and higher scores in MCATs as/than in GMAT Prep. This surprised me, because in GMAT Prep CAT, I countered some Verbal questions that are similar to ones I had attempted in GMAT Club, while I nearly never ever faced with any Verbal questions in MCATs before.
When it comes to Quant, I'm really shocked when my scores in MCATs are much lower than those in GMAT Prep. I got Q50 in both GMAT Prep CATs, but only Q47 and Q45 in MCAT. In the 2nd GMAT Prep CAT, I even had approximately 15 minutes remained.

What are proper conclusion(s) should I draw from the above data?
Are those Verbal scores of MCAT reliable? Or just because MCAT Verbal might be a little bit easier?
I used to hear about the difficulty level of MCAT Quant before but didn't expect that much. Do you think that gap in Quant scores really matters?

I have 1 month left until the real exam. What should I do now?

Thank you. Hope to hear from you soon.

Kudos [?]: 72 [0], given: 106

Re: All GMAT Practice Tests - Overview (free and paid)   [#permalink] 01 Jul 2017, 03:21

Go to page    1   2    Next  [ 27 posts ] 

All GMAT Practice Tests - Overview (free and paid)

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HiLine

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap