Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 03:56 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 03:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 51
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GMAT 2: 770 Q49 V47 (Online)
GPA: 3.98
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72889 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 289 [0]
Given Kudos: 494
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
Send PM
Re: Best GMAT Practice Tests - [Overview GMAT Focus Tests] [#permalink]
bb yes, I saw their website yesterday! Coupon code was not applicable. Also some glitches in the website.
Ok so help me out here: I am done with gmat club mocks. Further i thought of this:

Experts global, then Manhattan Prep mocks ,and lastly Official mocks (in the last)
Is this right? Also, should I replace one of these mocks with the new mocks you mentioned?
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Honestly, I think you have enough and you have too much. I’m not sure how many you have left between Manhattan and ekspres and Global in the Fishel but I wouldn’t be able to take more than probably two tests per week max…. I mean it’s really hard to take it after work because your mind is not really there and I’m not sure that’s a great use of your day to waste it all on three or five hours of taking test and reviewing them. 😬🤷‍♂️

TBT wrote:
bb yes, I saw their website yesterday! Coupon code was not applicable. Also some glitches in the website.
Ok so help me out here: I am done with gmat club mocks. Further i thought of this:

Experts global, then Manhattan Prep mocks ,and lastly Official mocks (in the last)
Is this right? Also, should I replace one of these mocks with the new mocks you mentioned?

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
ok thanks!
Learning this : quality > quantity :D bb
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
So I have started one of the Grad Prep tests and the initial understanding that I have (very preliminary) is that the Grad Prep tests may not be adaptive because I am able to go back and forth and change the answer choices. That would be impossible with an adaptive test test... also I noticed that Quant has had PS and DS as 2 blocks of questions (1-15 is PS and 16-31 is DS). So I think the value is in questions rather than the Test Experience. I am guessing they are working on making the engine adaptive/etc but it is not at this time and the product is more along the lines of what you would see 10 years ago when even GMAT Club tests were "simulated adaptive" but not really adaptive.

Anyway, the test algorithm is lacking. The main question is about questions and quality, esp of Verbal.
I will be diving into that next but that will take a bit of time as I want other experts and moderators to weigh in on it.

B.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 125 [1]
Given Kudos: 242
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.99
Send PM
Kudos
TBT wrote:

Imho, official mocks should be your first priority. Otherwise you run the risk of misunderstanding what and how the GMAT is really testing. Rest all for extra practice.

Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72889 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Braintree wrote:
TBT wrote:

Imho, official mocks should be your first priority. Otherwise you run the risk of misunderstanding what and how the GMAT is really testing. Rest all for extra practice.

I agree but there are only 6 of them so I would not use them every time you want to figure out the topics or get a feeling for timing.

At the same time I would say people are spoiled with prep materials and quantity of tests. As the result I feel a lot of time being used and dedicated to taking tests, which really should probably not be taken, and that time would’ve been used more effectively on learning material 😇
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
okay, thanks for the review! I'll be sticking to my original sources only then.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 59 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Send PM
which test is better for diagnostics and Practice tests?
Wharton and Tepper Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 142
GRE 1: Q167 V163
GPA: 3.36
Send PM
Hey bb any updated version of the post?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Schools: Tuck '26 (S)
Send PM
Hi GMAT club team, is there any updates regarding this topic?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Send PM
I noticed that when I'm reviewing my official GMAC mock tests (all 6 of them), I can see neither the question difficulty level nor the detailed answer explanations. Have they removed these features, or am I missing something?

If they have removed these features, it seems quite unfair for the kind of money I've paid.

if not, can someone please help me with how exactly I can navigate to that information?

Thanks in advance!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1304 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Kudos
jaykayes wrote:
I noticed that when I'm reviewing my official GMAC mock tests (all 6 of them), I can see neither the question difficulty level nor the detailed answer explanations. Have they removed these features, or am I missing something?

If they have removed these features, it seems quite unfair for the kind of money I've paid.

if not, can someone please help me with how exactly I can navigate to that information?

Thanks in advance!

Unfortunately, the Official Mocks do not provide Official Explanations or difficulty classification. If you check the gmatclub link for a specific question, however, you may see a difficulty level/forum data regarding how others have performed on that question which could give some helpful insight.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
BrokenInside wrote:

Hi. This post is regularly updated. They’re just not many practice tests out there these days…. The only other one that’s worthwhile is a Kaplan test but they have stopped offering GMAT courses so I’m not sure if you can still get the practice tests.

You may be able to get them with some of the old books 🤷‍♂️

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks, that's helpful. I will do so.

GmatTutorKnight wrote:
jaykayes wrote:

Thanks in advance!

Unfortunately, the Official Mocks do not provide Official Explanations or difficulty classification. If you check the gmatclub link for a specific question, however, you may see a difficulty level/forum data regarding how others have performed on that question which could give some helpful insight.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks bb.
The link for Kaplan tests redirects to Manhattan mock tests. The old Kaplan mocks were really high quality!
And missing those Veritas mocks too... :cry:

bb wrote:
BrokenInside wrote:

Hi. This post is regularly updated. They’re just not many practice tests out there these days…. The only other one that’s worthwhile is a Kaplan test but they have stopped offering GMAT courses so I’m not sure if you can still get the practice tests.

You may be able to get them with some of the old books 🤷‍♂️

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 61
Schools: Rotman '24
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 600 Q46 V25
Send PM
Are expert global mocks adaptive ? and which one is closer to real verbal - Manhattan or expert global ?
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72889 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
TheGriffin wrote:
Are expert global mocks adaptive ? and which one is closer to real verbal - Manhattan or expert global ?

Experts global tests are not adaptive.
They are made to be simulated adaptive with increasing difficulty.

Manhattan tests are adaptive. They have been a gold standard of nonofficial tests for a long time. They are better but you get fewer of them.

PS. Interesting realization I had only recently, the paid GMAT prep tests 3,4,5,6 - I’m not sure if you can call them adaptive really because each of the tests contains only enough questions in the database for one test. As the result, if you take a test with 31 questions, there’s only 31 questions in the database. So is it adaptive if the questions are predetermined? 🤯🤷‍♂️🥴

GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6