Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 19:22 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 19:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 501 [0]
Given Kudos: 72
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 148 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Re: Profile Review - 760 GMAT/ 4.4 GPA/Microsoft PM [#permalink]
Expert Reply
I'm optimistic, there is a lot to like here.

I would obtain a leadership position in a community organization (board position with the tutoring outfit, for example) - you want to have leadership stories (HBS) and innovation stories (GSB) lined up. Do you have any international work experience?

Think about what your brand is, what is your special sauce, your personality, what you are known for, outside of being super accomplished? How are you going to make the adcom feel they understand you and want to champion you?

Take a look through my intake questionnaire to get a sense of how I size up clients :) https://www.dropbox.com/s/sxvjda7lwoaom ... .docx?dl=0
Sia Admissions Representative
Affiliations: NYU, Yale
Own Kudos [?]: 145 [0]
Given Kudos: 67
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi dancingnataraja,

Great profile, indeed! I think the inputs you've received are on point. What I didn't get from your post is the reason for an MBA? What are your professional goals? Why do you require an MBA? This is especially important for an applicant such as you who is early on in her career. Among other details, a clear and concise reason for an MBA is pivotal to your admit (specificity is valued).

Happy to continue the conversation. If interested, click here to coordinate a call.

Good luck!

dancingnataraja wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am a 2017 undergraduate from MIT with a 4.4/5.0 GPA. Female, 23 years, of Indian descent.

I've scored 760 on GMAT with 50 quant/42 verbal.

I am currently at Microsoft as a Product Manager and received a promotion 15 months in.

I hope to apply for MBA programs at HBS, GSB, Kellogg, and Booth next Fall (2019) to matriculate in 2020.

Extracurricullarly, I am a performing artist so I am creative/artistic director and choreographer for a large 501c3 in my area and also travel to perform. I additionally tutor/consult high school students as education is a passion of mine. Happy to provide more information as needed.

Please let me know where you feel my package is lacking and my chances for these schools.
GMAT Club Bot