Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 17:12 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 17:12

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [2]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Concentration: Marketing
GRE 1: Q161 V164
GPA: 3.42
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V41
GPA: 3.21
Send PM
Re: Calling all Carroll (Boston) MBA Applicants:(2019 Intake)Class of 2021 [#permalink]
Kudos
Hi mgraynap, congrats! That does seem way too soon. Most schools are pretty good at extending the deadline if you ask them. Hope this helps
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all Carroll (Boston) MBA Applicants:(2019 Intake)Class of 2021 [#permalink]
Samabaz wrote:
Hi mgraynap, congrats! That does seem way too soon. Most schools are pretty good at extending the deadline if you ask them. Hope this helps

That does help, thank you!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
GRE 1: Q162 V157
GPA: 2.84
WE:Business Development (Real Estate)
Send PM
Kudos
I also got an admit with scholarship for 10000 per year. I also was asked to submit deposit by 22 november. While the deadline for the round 1 is 5 december. Very strange behaviour by adcom considering they ask you to sign bonds to not seek employment in usa. My goals is entrepreneurship so that doesnt concern me. But it does seem really offputting.
Mgraynap mind I asking if you were offered any scholarship and do you plan to sumbit deposit

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
saadim wrote:
I also got an admit with scholarship for 10000 per year. I also was asked to submit deposit by 22 november. While the deadline for the round 1 is 5 december. Very strange behaviour by adcom considering they ask you to sign bonds to not seek employment in usa. My goals is entrepreneurship so that doesnt concern me. But it does seem really offputting.
Mgraynap mind I asking if you were offered any scholarship and do you plan to sumbit deposit

I got $30k renewable per year, which was very nice, but no I will not be enrolling or submitting a deposit by the 11/22 deadline, especially since, as you said, people will be getting decisions all the way up until 12/5. I'll ask for an extension until the end of December. BC knows that other schools wont have their decisions out before December, I'm not sure whether they're just trying to elicit a panic response? Either way, seems unreasonable for them to expect anyone to commit before they have a chance to evaluate any other options, so I'll ask for more time.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Send PM
Yes my same thoughts I have also asked for extension till end of december mentioning the same reasons in email. Hence I am also not sending in the deposit

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V30
Send PM
I got an admission offer but there was no mention of any scholarship . I have sent an email to the POC and awaiting a response.I will also ask for an extension . But I just noticed the bond mentioned by saadim in the comments above . Do we have to sign a bond like that ?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Mgraynap wrote:
Question for anyone who might know: I got an acceptance yesterday (yay!) but...they want my enrollment decision by 11/22? Does that seem a little unreasonable to anyone else? Has this happened to anyone else?

I was interviewed on 25th Oct, still waiting for the decision. When were you interviewed?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
saadim wrote:

Can you elaborate on adcom asking you to sign bonds to not seek employment in USA? As I plan to work atleast for a year before moving out of USA
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kayson It has started since last year. But you can work after MBA just that career center will not do anything to get you the job, you are basically on your own. The memo is on carroll career management website you can read it online
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kayson wrote:
Mgraynap wrote:
Question for anyone who might know: I got an acceptance yesterday (yay!) but...they want my enrollment decision by 11/22? Does that seem a little unreasonable to anyone else? Has this happened to anyone else?

I was interviewed on 25th Oct, still waiting for the decision. When were you interviewed?

I interviewed on 10/23

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Has anyone received a response to your request for an extension on the enrollment deadline?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
pats08 wrote:
Has anyone received a response to your request for an extension on the enrollment deadline?

Hi, actually yes I did. They agreed to extend to 12/7 for now, with the possibility of extending further if I called them again closer to that date.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Yes I got same extension and response

Intern
Intern
Send PM
How does one know if BC has put in waitlist after the interview?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
You would know on 15 december deadline if rejected or waitlisted. Happened with me last year. Although chances for admittance from waitlist is slim to none so have other options open for schools just in case

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Haven't yet received any updates on the application, was interviewed in the last week of October and it went very well. Are there any chances of receiving the offer letter on the day of deadline or before that? Or should I assume that I will be waitlisted or rejected?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
GMAT 1: 620 Q36 V39
GPA: 3.4
WE:Other (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Any other R2 applicants?
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts