Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 23:47 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 23:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GPA: 2.98
WE:Analyst (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1857 [1]
Given Kudos: 200
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GPA: 3.67
WE:Pharmaceuticals (Health Care)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 772 [0]
Given Kudos: 97
GMAT 1: 540 Q49 V16
GMAT 2: 680 Q49 V33
Send PM
Sia Admissions Representative
Affiliations: NYU, Yale
Own Kudos [?]: 145 [0]
Given Kudos: 67
Send PM
Re: 25 Year Old Zambian [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi zinyembat1,

Thank you for sharing your profile. You have a strong and interesting profile. Your work experience and promotions will bode well in your application, provided you can successfully showcase your leadership experience. Assuming strong recommendation, the area that will require work is your academics. While a strong GMAT can help your application, you need to invest a bit of time showcasing your academic abilities to succeed at a highly rigorous institution. Additionally, you will be applying to a highly competitive focus at highly competitive institutions, so I do recommend you retake the GMAT and increase your quant score.

I am happy to continue the conversation. If interested, please reach out here to coordinate an initial exploratory call.

Good luck!

zinyembat1 wrote:
Hello, I would greatly appreciate a review of my profile. I will be applying in round one of fall 2019.

- 25 year old African Male from Zambia
- 2.98 GPA in Finance from a public university in Ohio (Low GPA was due to my over involvement in extracurricular). I returned to Zambia because I'm a strong believer in the Zambian dream.
- 730 GMAT (44V : 46Q)
- Work experience includes:
1 year at a boutique, well known investment bank in Ohio where I was an analyst.
2 years at a big 4 accounting firm (EY/Deloitte/PWC) in Corporate Finance and M&A in Zambia where I've received 2 promotions. I manage a group of 3 people. This is my current job*
Founded a data analytics company in 2017 (the first in Zambia), helping multiple companies (foreign and domestic, including publicly listed) drive sales using advanced analytics/programming. I taught myself how to write SQL, Python, C++ and R. I manage a group of 6 people. This is also my current job*
- Extracurricular involvement: Built a school for orphans between 3 and 6 years old. Last year, with the help of my cousin, managed to help send 72 children to school.
Fun Fact, In high school, I represented my country in 3 sports: Rugby, Swimming and Waterpolo.
- I only know of 1 person to have applied to a top business school, U Chicago, and he was accepted.
- Goal: To transition into PE within Africa
- Target schools: HBS, UPenn, Stanford, Booth
GMAT Club Bot
Re: 25 Year Old Zambian [#permalink]