Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 20:23 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 20:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Sustainability
GPA: 3.82
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [1]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Yale SOM Executive MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [#permalink]
Kudos
qwertyu0503 wrote:
Did anyone get updates today?

qwertyu0503 --> I did receive some feedback via email and that was in response to me reaching out. I am not even sure I fully understand the response I received. Apparently the process is still going as we speak. For my case I will not be extended an interview for R1 "AS OF NOW". Also my email stated that the final decisions will be released before thanksgiving. I suspect that this statement addresses the final decision for whom will be invited for an interview and not who is accepted. The Yale SOM eMBA website states that the decisions of acceptance is middle of December.

I am not sure I am giving you much of an answer here, but the email I received was a bit cryptic. Hope this helps the other members of this forum
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you so much for letting me know , Tony ! Although I agree with you that I am not sure what it implies exactly, you could still be interviewed at a different date I think. Good luck!

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
qwertyu0503 wrote:
Thank you so much for letting me know , Tony ! Although I agree with you that I am not sure what it implies exactly, you could still be interviewed at a different date I think. Good luck!

My dear friend, I do have a call scheduled to actually understand the email I have received, this will be this coming Tuesday. Once I know more I will communicate with the Forum members, in an effort of collaboration and knowledge sharing.

Anytime I read my email I receive a different message, it can be read many ways, my wife read it as a positive message, me being paranoid lol, read it an a discouraging message. We shall see is the only thing I can say right now. I hope my wife is right.
AS
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I've been deferred to round 2. I will take it.
TonySko wrote:
qwertyu0503 wrote:

My dear friend, I do have a call scheduled to actually understand the email I have received, this will be this coming Tuesday. Once I know more I will communicate with the Forum members, in an effort of collaboration and knowledge sharing.

Anytime I read my email I receive a different message, it can be read many ways, my wife read it as a positive message, me being paranoid lol, read it an a discouraging message. We shall see is the only thing I can say right now. I hope my wife is right.
AS
Manager
Manager
Send PM
qwertyu0503 wrote:
I've been deferred to round 2. I will take it.
TonySko wrote:
qwertyu0503 wrote:

AS

Congrats i would do. When did you find out and how?? Thanks for sharing
EMBA Programs Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
Was anyone from the forum interviewed for R1 last week?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Would appreciate if the R1 folks would share their interview experience.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
qwertyu0503 wrote:

I predict that majority of folks invited to interviews for Round 1 are not members of the Forum. I anticipate roughly 40 folks to be extended an invite for Round 1 interviews. Somewhere I read that they typically invite roughly 15-20 propsective candidates per day. 2 days gives you ballpark 30-40 students.

Statistically speaking i am leaning towards 40 students, because even if individuals have successful interviews they chose other schools.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
:thumbup: And my personal guess yield rate is about 50%.
TonySko wrote:
qwertyu0503 wrote:

I predict that majority of folks invited to interviews for Round 1 are not members of the Forum. I anticipate roughly 40 folks to be extended an invite for Round 1 interviews. Somewhere I read that they typically invite roughly 15-20 propsective candidates per day. 2 days gives you ballpark 30-40 students.

Statistically speaking i am leaning towards 40 students, because even if individuals have successful interviews they chose other schools.
EMBA Programs Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 103 [2]
Given Kudos: 22
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Kudos
Hello all,

I was interviewed last week. It was pretty straight forward. There was a half hour interview with a member of the admissions team, a half hour interview with an alumn, and an hour group discussion with the dean, an alumn, and about 10 prospective student.

The interview with the admissions person was very lair back and mostly about work history and what brought you to seeking an emba, why Yale.

The interview with the alumn was very conversational and focused on what you can bring to Yale.

The group discussion was just that. All prospective students are handed a news article to read and then the article was discussed at length.

After these various segments prospective students had lunch with current students in each prospective area of focus: susustainablity, healthcare, and asset management.

After lunch prospective students were able to attend a class in their area of focus.

The entire day was pretty laid back and a very friendly and supportive atmosphere.

Best of luck all. Direct message with specifics.

EMBA Programs Moderator
Send PM
carbazzy wrote:
Hello all,

I was interviewed last week. It was pretty straight forward. There was a half hour interview with a member of the admissions team, a half hour interview with an alumn, and an hour group discussion with the dean, an alumn, and about 10 prospective student.

The interview with the admissions person was very lair back and mostly about work history and what brought you to seeking an emba, why Yale.

The interview with the alumn was very conversational and focused on what you can bring to Yale.

The group discussion was just that. All prospective students are handed a news article to read and then the article was discussed at length.

After these various segments prospective students had lunch with current students in each prospective area of focus: susustainablity, healthcare, and asset management.

After lunch prospective students were able to attend a class in their area of focus.

The entire day was pretty laid back and a very friendly and supportive atmosphere.

Thanks carbazzy for sharing your experience.

I heard some results for the first round application were released. Has anyone from this forum got his/her results?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Healthcare
GPA: 3.16
Send PM
Kudos
I was accepted. I know of one other that was accepted as well.

EMBA Programs Moderator
Send PM
Ifemje wrote:

Congrats!!! :thumbup:
Do you mind to share your profile?
GPA
Years of experience
EA/GMAT scores
Area of focus

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
Ifemje wrote:

Hey new friend. It was me! :)

GPA: N/A (Master of Science - 80% A's, 20% B's - no GPA @ School)
Years of experience: 13
EA/GMAT scores: EA 149
Area of focus: Sustainability
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
Kudos
carbazzy wrote:
Hello all,

My experience was similar to this. A very laid back interview where they just wanted to have a conversation.

I had to keep this in mind constantly to calm my nerves. Reviewing standard MBA interview questions helped A LOT.

I also did mock interviews with senior leaders at my job. It has been a while since I've interviewed and this helped to practice being "conversational" since I knew them (people at the job, not Yale interviewers).

Good luck!!
EMBA Programs Moderator
Send PM
DivaKaye09 wrote:
carbazzy wrote:
Hello all,

My experience was similar to this. A very laid back interview where they just wanted to have a conversation.

I had to keep this in mind constantly to calm my nerves. Reviewing standard MBA interview questions helped A LOT.

I also did mock interviews with senior leaders at my job. It has been a while since I've interviewed and this helped to practice being "conversational" since I knew them (people at the job, not Yale interviewers).

Good luck!!

Congrats Diva and thanks for sharing your experience :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Congrats and thanks for sharing the experience.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts