Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 05:08 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 05:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72891 [1]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 104
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Schools: LBS '24
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V34
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72891 [1]
Send PM
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic] [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
ishanliberhan wrote:
What does whiteboard without grid means? Normal whiteboard available online do have a steel kind of border to it. can anyone please clarify as to what gmac will allow for sure.

Please allow me to give you a link to google.

https://www.google.com/search?q=what+is ... =724&dpr=2

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
gmat1102 wrote:
GauravSJ wrote:
Hi everyone, sharing my GMAT online exam experience here. Just gave it today.

The timings were from 7:00pm to 9:45 pm. I checked in at 6:40 and did the formalities (went smoothly). The proctor was assigned in 3 minutes and the exam began shortly after wards. I was told to show my whiteboard before the exam began.

The quant section was comparatively easy and I finished it with 12 mintutes to spare. Before hitting the submit button, I relaxed for a minute so that I get prepared for the verbal section.

The verbal section was a bit tricky and the difference between the correct and the incorrect choice was subtle. Overall, the were inline with the GMAT prep (only that the questions in the actual exams were tough ?). RC passages were of normal lengths; SC was a bit difficult, CR was okay. I finished this section with 6 minutes to spare (I should have taken more time but I was urging badly to go to the washroom!). As soon as I finished verbal, I informed the proctor (Ashly) that I want to go to washroom; she was okay with that as long as the break was there.

After that I started with IR section. The questions relatively tough this time. Finished this section in time.

I was told only twice to show my whiteboard to the proctor, once at the beginning of quant section and the other was at the end of the exam. The proctor was supportive and the process was smooth. A stable internet connection is recommended. I did not cover my face during the exam so I was not interrupted by the proctor (although I was stretching and making expressions).

Now looking forward to seeing the results.

A big thanks to the GMATCLUB and its members who helped me in clarifying the doubts related to online GMAT exam and for helping me to prepare for the exam. ?

Apart from GMAT prep mocks which mocks did you attempt and what was your best score and the average score in those mocks?

I used manhattan mocks along with GMAT prep tests (1&2)...got 710 in the GMAT prep...manhattan was tough so the average score was in the mid 600s.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
soumya170293 wrote:
Could any one please confirm during check in process of Gmat Online How can I provide digital pics of - my id , my face , and the testing area if we are not allowed to take photos with the phone .
And do I need to clear my PC ( like formatting the machine or like clearing desktop or anything else ) through which I will give my exam ?

Mobile phone is allowed for taking pictures. Once this is over, you can keep the mobile at a distance where it is not visible and is not in your arm's reach.

No need to clear your PC. If your PC passes the ONVUE sample test, you are good to go.

Tutor
Affiliations: GMAT Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 855 [1]
Given Kudos: 198
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GMAT 2: 770 Q51 V44
GMAT 3: 770 Q50 V44
GMAT 4: 770 Q50 V45 (Online)
GMAT 5: 780 Q51 V48
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
In case it's helpful for anyone, I just posted a detailed debrief with tips and resources here:

Debrief/Online Format/Tips/Resources (online whiteboard, 770/Q50/V45)

Huge thanks to the GMAT Club community for all of your insights!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools: CBS '22 (S)
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37 (Online)
Send PM
Hi guys. Did the GMAT online recently which was my first ever GMAT attempt (in centre and online). Got a score of 700 (48Q 37V)

Was particularly disappointed with the V score as the lowest I had scored in all my mocks was 42. I found it quite strange during the test that the verbal question difficulty never increased (felt like I was testing 600 level questions throughout). The length of the RC questions was half of the ones I practiced on OG!

There is no ESR and no way to re-rest for now. What’s the reasoning behind not having ESR for online? If the questions and the algo are all the same, I don’t see why that would be an issue? Anyone have any similar experiences or other insight to share?

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Given Kudos: 43
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
Kudos
Is this blank e-mail the GMAT notice that your retest score was lower than your first GMAT Online Score with digital whiteboard? I received this e-mail that is completely blank 48 hours after my test and my score on mba.com wasn't updated and doesn't have any notice on it
Attachments

xxx.png
xxx.png [ 49.11 KiB | Viewed 4659 times ]

Tutor
Affiliations: Harvard University, A.B. with honors in Government, 2002
Own Kudos [?]: 2413 [3]
Given Kudos: 272
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GMAT 4: 730 Q48 V42 (Online)
GRE 1: Q168 V169

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
Update: today, exactly 10 business days after my physical whiteboard GMAT Online exam, an exciting, puzzling, and then highly disappointing series of events occurred.

First, GMAC sent me an email at 4:03 pm PST with the cheery subject line "Your Official GMAT Online Exam Score is Now Available." This got me excited, of course, because I assumed it meant that my new score was available, indicating (or so I thought) that I scored better than the 730 composite I earned on my last attempt with the online whiteboard.

Problem is, once I scrolled down a bit, I noticed that GMAC was referring to my original (online whiteboard) GMAT Online score of 730 from 6/4/20 (actually 6/3/20, but whatever), not my most recent exam on 6/23/20. It's strange for GMAC to send me an email about that, though, because I've had those scores in my mba.com account since June 5th, and I had already received the exact same email notice from GMAC (also on June 5th). Something was clearly not right.

Finally, mercifully--I received this email from GMAC exactly 12 minutes later, titled "Notice about Your GMAT Online Exam Score From Your Retest."

Here is the full text of the email:

Hi Brian,

Congratulations on completing your GMAT™ Online exam.

We processed the score for your retest exam appointment and your Total Score on your retest attempt was equal to or lower than your prior exam attempt. As a result, the higher score from your prior exam will be retained. Your retest attempt score will not be displayed in your mba.com account and your record will not be updated. Neither you nor any programs you previously selected will receive this retest score.

To view your score from your prior GMAT Online exam attempt listed below, log into your mba.com account and click the "View GMAT Online Score" button.

Your GMAT ID: 10000XXXXXXX
GMAT Online Exam Date: 6/4/20

Remember You Can Continue to Send Your Official GMAT Online Score to Additional Programs at No Cost

-From your mba.com account, click the "Send GMAT Online Score" button.

-Search for and select programs to receive your score.

-Verify your program selection and click the “Send GMAT Online Score" button.

If you send your score to additional programs, your official GMAT Online score will be made available to your selected programs within 24 hours. Please note that once your official GMAT Online exam score is sent to a program it cannot be canceled or revoked by you.

We dedicate ourselves to helping you to better connect with and stand out to business schools, and we hope that the interim GMAT Online exam helps you continue your b-school and career aspirations. If you have any questions about your exam or score, please contact customer care.

Thank you,
The GMAT Team

-------

Although I thought I had aced my retake with the physical whiteboard (my best guess was 750-790), apparently I scored the same (730) or worse as I did with the online "OnVue" whiteboard. It's highly frustrating to not have the ESR (Enhanced Score Report) option to see what happened, and it's weird to not be able to see the score whatsoever, when I was so confident that I had improved.

To make matters worse, I have now been contacted by another test taker who told me that the same sequence of emails were sent to them, but in error, because their 2nd score updated to a higher score on their mba.com account (though this has not yet happened for me).

This news gives me some hope, but false hope most likely--though the first email from GMAC (which also gave me false hope!) certainly was a strange message to receive 10 minutes before the "your previous scores have been retained" email.

What have I learned from all of this? That it's certainly possible to succeed on the GMAT Online--with or without a physical whiteboard--but that the quiet and reliability of the test center is also a big advantage, as is the fact that you receive your scores immediately instead of after 2 excruciating weeks.

I would say I learned that GMAC is an incompetent bureaucracy, but I already knew that... ; )

Originally posted by mcelroytutoring on 07 Jul 2020, 17:31.
Last edited by mcelroytutoring on 07 Jul 2020, 21:06, edited 18 times in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [3]
Given Kudos: 51
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V39
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V45 (Online)
Send PM
Kudos
mcelroytutoring

I gave my physical whiteboard attempt on 25th June and my score has been available on the website since 27th ( in only 36 hours after completion of test ).

I received GMAC mails today 8th July (11 DAYS AFTER score came). But there wasn't any error in mails. New score (760,Q49,V45) replaced old score (720,Q49,V39).

Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72891 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Thanks for reporting back Mclroytutoring and thank you Shivam1809 for sharing your story. It is pretty helpful to demonstrate that the wait time does not depend on the score!

Perhaps you have some tips to share about improving? I am sure Mcelroytutoring would appreciate some too ;-)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [2]
Given Kudos: 51
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V39
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V45 (Online)
Send PM
Kudos
bb wrote:
Thanks for reporting back Mclroytutoring and thank you Shivam1809 for sharing your story. It is pretty helpful to demonstrate that the wait time does not depend on the score!

Perhaps you have some tips to share about improving? I am sure Mcelroytutoring would appreciate some too ;-)

Hi BB,

To be honest, I don't think I improved between the attempts. It's just that my 1st online attempt was also my 1st ever GMAT attempt. And I got super nervous during the exam. I verbal I shivered throughout and couldn't think straight. I think CR was my doom. I mentioned this in my debrief. https://gmatclub.com/forum/a-brief-on-n ... l#p2541628

For roughly 3 weeks between the two attempts I only focused on 'mindfulness'. And it worked :P

General Advice: I think LSAT RCs helped alot. I did a lot of them (under time pressure scenarios) and I did enjoy doing them. RCs in real GMAT were tame in comparison. (Let me know if anyone wants to know my RC strategy)

Fun Fact: I got 3 RCs in first 15 questions of my test. So that's like 10-11 RC ques out of 15.

As for mcelroytutoring, I have no advice but appreciation for someone doing God's work, imparting knowledge :angel:

Originally posted by Shivam1809 on 07 Jul 2020, 20:09.
Last edited by Shivam1809 on 07 Jul 2020, 20:22, edited 2 times in total.
Tutor
Affiliations: Harvard University, A.B. with honors in Government, 2002
Own Kudos [?]: 2413 [4]
Given Kudos: 272
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GMAT 4: 730 Q48 V42 (Online)
GRE 1: Q168 V169

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM