Last visit was: 10 May 2024, 06:33 It is currently 10 May 2024, 06:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 413
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1311 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11677 [1]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 398 [0]
Given Kudos: 114
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.15
WE:Accounting (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Re: Fatique [#permalink]
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi Rich

Thank You for your reply. The info requested is as follows:

1. I Gave my Online GMAT in July 2020.
2. I am studying for GMAT since December 2019. Now i am giving about 12-14 per week and i am just attempting questions.
3. For Verbal I used EGMAT and for quant I used EGMAT scholoranium. I have attempted all official questions now and I am only doing them only particularly for Verbal, for quant I am doing my error log only.
4. The mock score is as follows :

25th October Manhattan Mock Q 46 V37 680
1st November Manhattan Mock Q 47 V31 640
25th November Manhattan Mock Q 48 V31 650

In between I gave two official mocks and scored 720 and 700 (this was a tense mock as my neighbor was playing loud music) in them.

5. My Goal score is anything above 710 that could guarantee me a ISB interview as many consultants have told me.
6. For next year I am not looking for any foreign and will apply for ISB alone.

I am really down now because I dont know why my brain seems be irritated with verbal questions and I am not able to read them in full and I am hurrying it up.

Hope you could help me and also guide me with my mock strategy.

Thanks

Gagan
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi EMPOWERgmatRichC

Thank You for your reply. The info requested is as follows:

1. I Gave my Online GMAT in July 2020.
2. I am studying for GMAT since December 2019. Now i am giving about 12-14 per week and i am just attempting questions.
3. For Verbal I used EGMAT and for quant I used EGMAT scholoranium. I have attempted all official questions now and I am only doing them only particularly for Verbal, for quant I am doing my error log only.
4. The mock score is as follows :

25th October Manhattan Mock Q 46 V37 680
1st November Manhattan Mock Q 47 V31 640
25th November Manhattan Mock Q 48 V31 650

In between I gave two official mocks and scored 720 and 700 (this was a tense mock as my neighbor was playing loud music) in them.

5. My Goal score is anything above 710 that could guarantee me a ISB interview as many consultants have told me.
6. For next year I am not looking for any foreign and will apply for ISB alone.

I am really down now because I dont know why my brain seems be irritated with verbal questions and I am not able to read them in full and I am hurrying it up.

Hope you could help me and also guide me with my mock strategy.

Thanks

Gagan
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11677 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Gagan,

GMAC has publicly stated that the Official Score that you earn on Test Day is generally within +/- 30 points of actual ability. Assuming a similar 'swing' in how your CATs function, your various CAT score results - along with your Official Score - show that you essentially performed in the same general range each time, although your range is a little bigger than most (re: 680 +/- 40 points). You handle certain aspects of the GMAT consistently well, but you also leave yourself open to making certain types of mistakes.

If - after reviewing your overall profile - Admissions Experts think that you probably 'need' a 710+ to get into your first choice School, then there's a good chance that they are correct. You're close to earning that type of Score right now, but you CANNOT afford to be 'bored' about this process. If the thought of earning an even higher GMAT Score, getting into an outstanding School, earning a valuable degree and having a better career because of it isn't enough to get you excited, then I'm not sure that anyone has the ability to properly motivate you.

I can tell you that the Verbal section of the GMAT is as consistent and predictable as the Quant section is, so you CAN train to score at a higher level in that section. However, Verbal questions have no 'safety net' - meaning that if you make a little mistake or miss a vital piece of information, then you will convince yourself that one of the wrong answers is correct (and not realize it). Proper note-taking is essential for all RC and CR prompts and thorough knowledge of grammar/idioms is essential for SCs. You can learn how to do all of that work in a more effective and efficient fashion, but the "will power" to keep working and making smart choices is all on YOU.

If you want to make all of these dreams come true, then this IS doable, but you have to commit to a specific study program and hone the necessary skills to earn that higher Score.

1) What application deadlines are you facing for ISB?
2) Going forward, how many hours do you think you can consistently study each week?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 179 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
GMAT 1: 570 Q43 V26
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3
Send PM
gagan0303 wrote:
Hey

I am struggle a little with my prep not on any conceptual level but on mental alertness. I have already given GMAT Online once and my score was 690 with Q 49 and V34. Now I am getting a little bored with the prep and my todays Manhattan score was 650 with a Q48 and V31. I was feeling a little bored analyzing the Verbal questions and my losing focus (though I felt that Manhattan verbal is more wordy than official questions).

Can anyone please suggest the way to improve?

Please

Gagan

Hey Gagan,

I can completely relate with you. My GMAT prep lasted for months. The situation was not in my control as the test centers were shut down due to the pandemic. I lost the momentum and had to start from the scratch again. I have made a detailed debrief of how I persisted with my preparation despite all the odds. You might find it helpful.

Debrief of my journey from 570 to 720

https://gmatclub.com/forum/my-journey-f ... l#p2648110
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22182 [0]
Given Kudos: 285
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Gagan,

Given that you scored 700 and 720 on two official practice exams, I'd say that you are in a pretty good place. When do you plan to take your next official practice exam? Also, are you looking for additional resources to use? If you have any other questions, feel free to reach out. In the meantime, here are a few helpful articles:

Get Excited About Taking the GMAT – You Might Just Earn A Higher Score

How to Score a 700+ on the GMAT — A Mini Guide for Success
GMAT Club Bot