Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 10:17 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 10:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Re: ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hi,

It would be great if someone can help evaluate my profile.

Yet to write GMAT; targeting a 730 score.

Academics:
Studied at Thapar. GPA of 8.4/10
10th : 87 % (ICSE)
12th: 88.6% (CBSE)

I am 24 years old at the time of writing. I am working at a bulge bracket investment banking practice, though in a middle office for the past year and a half, and also pursuing CFA charter along with my job.

Extracurricular: Head of the literary society while at college and organised festivals. Actively involved with my firm's CSR team, and used to volunteer with a local NGO prior to the pandemic.

What are the chances of getting through ISB for Round 1 this year?
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi humphreydunphy,

Thank you for sharing your profile. Your profile looks good on the surface. Talking about your undergraduate GPA, its good, and along with your targeted GMAT score, it will definitely give a significant boost to your profile.

On the work front, you need to clarify the impactful initiatives that you have taken in your organisation that contributed to the growth and development of the organisation as this will demonstrate your potential and capabilities to the adcoms. Also, as you are pursuing a CFA charter, this certification will demonstrate your strong academic potential.

I can see a leadership role in your ECs along with some volunteer experience, which will help you reveal your lively personality.

There are many unknowns in your profile about your post-MBA goals and many important aspects of your work experience. If you’d like we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in detail and give you a more comprehensive evaluation. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Get an invitation for 'Coffee with MBA and Beyond'

Happening this Saturday, from 11 - 11:45 am

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma
Founder and Admissions Consultant, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: shantanu@mbaandbeyond.com
What s app: +65-97158525

humphreydunphy wrote:
Hi,

Academics:

I am 24 years old at the time of writing. I am working at a bulge bracket investment banking practice, though in a middle office for the past year and a half, and also pursuing CFA charter along with my job.

Extracurricular: Head of the literary society while at college and organised festivals. Actively involved with my firm's CSR team, and used to volunteer with a local NGO prior to the pandemic.

Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
Expert Reply
humphreydunphy wrote:
Hi,

Academics:

Hello humphreydunphy,

Though it can be difficult to fully determine one’s chances of getting into a particular program, knowing a bit more about your MBA goals and work experience would help us further evaluate your candidacy.

For better or worse, your chances of getting into a school sometimes comes down to numbers. While Personal MBA Coach uses compelling personal stories to help our clients from overrepresented backgrounds stand out, diversity is important in the MBA classroom. This “numbers game” is why we advise candidates to broaden their school lists and target 5 – 7 schools.

From what you have shared, it sounds like you have strong work and extracurricular experience (and a solid GPA). How have these positions helped inform your decision to apply to ISB? Schools want to see that applicants have a clear understanding of their program and how they will specifically add value on campus.

We work with lots of folks in the months ahead of applying and we can tell you exactly what you need to do to improve your profile. The early planning clients do the best. Take a look at our Early MBA Planning services to get started.

Happy to further discuss your profile and other areas you can focus on for improvement – scott@personalmbacoach.com.

Regards,
Personal MBA Coach
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hello everyone,
Can you please evaluate my profile for ISB YLP March 21'

Background and nationality: Indian Male Engineer (Age 21)
10th Marks: 95 %
12th Marks: 85 %

Undergrad Information:
BTech in Chemical Engineering from BITS Pilani, Goa

Work experience and leadership:
  • A 2-month summer internship at a Deep-Learning firm where, responsible for computer vision implementation for small projects
  • Head of the Department of Sponsorship for the Technical Fest

Would love to hear your suggestions !
Thank You
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 91
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Send PM
Hi,

My profile stands as the following:
10th : 9.2 CGPA(CBSE)
12th : 88% (CBSE)
B.Tech in computers science engineering : 72% from tier-2 college in India

Work exp of 2.5 years , working as a software engineer in hsbc

GMAT : yet to give, applying for 2022

Aspiration : product managment

Extra co curricular - online volunteer at UN(one of ngo affiliated with it), worked at local rotaract
Was core team member of technical club at college - conducting events and workshop for approx 1500 students
Was in organising team of national fest
Also won various sports and debate in college and school

Interned at DRDO and DMRC Delhi in college

Could you pls tell me what are my chances of getting in with 700(expected) score,?

Posted from my mobile device
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi ashimakumari,

As you have not provided board details about your work experience it’s difficult for me to give a good comprehensive evaluation. But what I can see and evaluate from these details, it looks good. Your stats are already great for ISB, and I recommend that you try to push your GMAT score to 710+ in order to have a safer ground. Work experience of 2.5 is lower than average, but as long as you highlight great stories of impact and leadership, you have a shot at ISB. In order to do this, you need to dig deeper into your work experience to find the instance where you have been in leadership roles and have created an impact on the organisation for its development.

Well, your ECs are good. You would need to show the traits that will reflect leadership, impact and diversity in your personality. Share your experiences while volunteering for an NGO and conducting events. Besides, you should even speak about any hobby you're doing and passionate about. Also, achievements in sports and debates will give your profile a unique blend. ECs play a very important role in your apps, exposing your dynamic personality, and adcoms get to know the different aspects of your personality.

ISB looks for academic excellence, impact and diversity in its candidates. Make sure you're bringing these values to your applications.

Overall, your profile is decent, but major aspects of your work experiences and impact are missing. If you like we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in detail and give you a more realistic assessment as well as gauge your fit for ISB. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma
Testimonials

Register for 'Coffee with MBA and Beyond’

ashimakumari wrote:
Hi,

My profile stands as the following:
10th : 9.2 CGPA(CBSE)
12th : 88% (CBSE)
B.Tech in computers science engineering : 72% from tier-2 college in India

Work exp of 2.5 years , working as a software engineer in hsbc

GMAT : yet to give, applying for 2022

Aspiration : product managment

Extra co curricular - online volunteer at UN(one of ngo affiliated with it), worked at local rotaract
Was core team member of technical club at college - conducting events and workshop for approx 1500 students
Was in organising team of national fest
Also won various sports and debate in college and school

Interned at DRDO and DMRC Delhi in college

Could you pls tell me what are my chances of getting in with 700(expected) score,?

Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Razerx911,

Thanks for sharing your profile. Talking about your acads, your 12th score is good. For YLP academics matters a lot so try to get a solid GMAT score. Deferred programs are highly competitive, you must possess leadership, intellect, critical thinking with an exceptional contribution to the community.

You must exhibit your internship experiences in an impactful way. Explain the roles and responsibilities you have undertaken and how this internship added value to your knowledge and your vision. Your profile also has some stint of leadership experience, do speak about it, as it will put forth leadership attributes in your application. What is going to matter most is how you create good stories to put a mark on adcoms.

Overall your profile is decent, but I do not see much impact right now. So, gear up and try to get some impactful experiences from different organizations. You can have a look at other deferred MBA programs here with their deadlines and criteria. It will help you get better clarity of which schools should you apply to.

You are welcome to hop on a call with me to discuss your profile in length and I will try to help you get better clarity over the schools and your chances to them. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma
Testimonials

Register for 'Coffee with MBA and Beyond’

Razerx911 wrote:
Hello everyone,
Can you please evaluate my profile for ISB YLP March 21'

Background and nationality: Indian Male Engineer (Age 21)
10th Marks: 95 %
12th Marks: 85 %

Undergrad Information:
BTech in Chemical Engineering from BITS Pilani, Goa

Work experience and leadership:
  • A 2-month summer internship at a Deep-Learning firm where, responsible for computer vision implementation for small projects
  • Head of the Department of Sponsorship for the Technical Fest

Would love to hear your suggestions !
Thank You
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
I have a doubt. I just gave gre 2 days before the isb deadline. I dont have the official scorecard yet. ISB has mentioned that i can upload the unofficial scorecard. where to get it from? I have put in ISB as one of the 4 free colleges you can apply through ETS. Please tell me what to do.

Thankyou

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Kudos
sanilshekatkar wrote:
I have a doubt. I just gave gre 2 days before the isb deadline. I dont have the official scorecard yet. ISB has mentioned that i can upload the unofficial scorecard. where to get it from? I have put in ISB as one of the 4 free colleges you can apply through ETS. Please tell me what to do.

Thankyou

Hi,

Your scores for Verbal and Quant (Unofficial Scores) shall be visible on the online portal. It might take 1-2 Business days after the exam day. You can download it from there.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V34
Send PM
Hey,

Please evaluate my profile for ISB:

GMAT Score: Awaiting result (expected: 700)

Educational Qualifications:

X score- 86%
XII Score- 86%
B.Tech- Petroleum Engineering (75.5%)- UPES
M.Tech- Chemical Engineering (89%)- IIT Guwahati

Work Experience:
Working as an assistant project manager (31 months till now)
Roles and responsibility:
1. Perform and verify time cycle and utility calculation of API and Formulation projects.
2. Prepare concept and basic design of layouts with PFDs. Perform engineering calculations to calculate plant capacity.
3. Coordinate with plant team to handle yearly CAPEX for formulation & API plant and ensure smooth procurement and installation of equipment

Projects:
Greenfield: Formulation plant design: Performed plant capacity calculations (using Adv. Excel tools) to determine equipment selection, sizing and annual equipment occupancy of facility.
 Performed feasibility study of the entire product basket.
 Prepared cost estimate & manpower requirement for the entire facility.
 Lead a CFT team to define process flow & design of OSD, Liquid & Injectable formulation facility (incl. QA/QC block).

Brownfield- Ethiopia- Visited & studied the current operational challenges in the Ethiopia facility & performed OEE (Overall equipment effectiveness) analysis to calculate the capacity of the existing facility.
 Based on OEE analysis, prepared and optimized the facility CAPEX requirement for the next 5 years.

E- Skills: Ms Project, Python, Ms Excel and VBA

Publications: 1

Extra Curricular:
Awarded ‘Beginner’s trading Certificate’ for four week online training organized by Internshala (2019).
 Part of Cross-Functional team and launched idea initiative & incubation campaign called ‘Azad Soch’ in Cadila (2019)
 Developed a team & organized events for Green Youth Generation (reg. NGO), 2015
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi kashishDhir,

Thank you for sharing your profile. Your profile seems to be good on the surface. Talking about your acads it's good, and your expected GMAT score will also underline your academic excellence. The average GMAT score for ISB is 710+, nevertheless, you can compensate for it by making the most of the strong stories in your apps.

ISB looks for the following qualities in the applicants:

1) Academic Excellence
2) Impact
3) Diversity
4) Clear career goals

On the work front, it's really good to see that you've highlighted the roles and responsibilities you've undertaken. I can see you as a sharp-minded and creative personality from the specifics you have presented. You must illustrate the impact of the projects on the organisation and the instance where you have been in leadership positions, which would display the responsible and impactful leader in you. You would need to filter projects to present those with the most impact, demonstrating all the value that a school needs.

Your ECs are good, you can speak about your involvement in the campaign and the event organization. But ECs include hobbies/interests that you like to do in your spare time. This helps adcoms to know you in addition to your profession or work. I'm sure there's going to be something and do speak about it in your apps. Think of something you love to do and talk about it because that's going to make your applications interesting. Most of the work experience should be covered in the resume, but there should be something more interesting to talk about in the apps to actually add a live person to the apps because that's what sets you apart.

B-Schools are searching for people who can bring different perspectives to the class and respect different points of view. I would like to know your post-MBA goals to connect the dots between your post-MBA goals and your previous work experience. If you’d like you can read a story of a successful essays to INSEAD. It will help you give a good idea about your chances and will instil “right” confidence in you :) petroleum engineer who made it to INSEAD.

Overall your profile is good and has a decent shot at ISB. What’s going to matter most is how you link the dots with the values of the ISB and bring a great narrative to stand out from the other applicants in the pool. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma
Testimonials

kashishDhir wrote:
Hey,

X score- 86%
XII Score- 86%

Work Experience:
1. Perform and verify time cycle and utility calculation of API and Formulation projects.
2. Prepare concept and basic design of layouts with PFDs. Perform engineering calculations to calculate plant capacity.
3. Coordinate with plant team to handle yearly CAPEX for formulation & API plant and ensure smooth procurement and installation of equipment

Projects:
Greenfield: Formulation plant design: Performed plant capacity calculations (using Adv. Excel tools) to determine equipment selection, sizing and annual equipment occupancy of facility.
 Lead a CFT team to define process flow & design of OSD, Liquid & Injectable formulation facility (incl. QA/QC block).

Brownfield- Ethiopia- Visited & studied the current operational challenges in the Ethiopia facility & performed OEE (Overall equipment effectiveness) analysis to calculate the capacity of the existing facility.
 Based on OEE analysis, prepared and optimized the facility CAPEX requirement for the next 5 years.

Extra Curricular:
Awarded ‘Beginner’s trading Certificate’ for four week online training organized by Internshala (2019).
 Part of Cross-Functional team and launched idea initiative & incubation campaign called ‘Azad Soch’ in Cadila (2019)
 Developed a team & organized events for Green Youth Generation (reg. NGO), 2015
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Kudos
kashishDhir wrote:
Hey,

X score- 86%
XII Score- 86%

Work Experience:

Projects:

Extra Curricular:

Hi,

Your profile has following good points -
1) Academics is better than most of the applicants
2) International exposure in the profile
3) Extra curriculars are above average
4) Publication is there, which is good (Will need to know the type of publication)
5) Work experience by the time of application will be perfect as far as ISB is concerned.
6) Good IT skills despite being from a core engineering background
7) Hint of diversity due to "petroleum engineering". Not many candidates have this background.

The "not-so-good" points -
1) Work experience quality doesn't seem rich considering what you have written. It will require further insights to comment better.
2) MBA after MTech? This question will haunt you in interviews...prepare for that.
3) Profile being branded as too niche. You need to show more generalist approach while explaining your profile.

So What's required -
1) Get a good GMAT ( Your target of 700 is enough)
2) Prepare good essays to clearly demonstrate "why MBA"
3) Prepare for interview well - this will be most important in your case. How you will sell yourself?

Best Wishes!
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Expert Reply
humphreydunphy wrote:
Hi,

Academics:

Hey humphreydunphy,

Academically, a GPA of 8.4 showcases your academic prowess and should allow you to easily target ISB. While your grades do play an important part, the brand of the college for your undergraduate program also matters when targeting the top business schools, as you will be competing with candidates from top-grade schools all over the world. Thus, given the lack of a big brand with respect to your undergrad, you need to draw attention towards the growth opportunities you’ve pursued during your undergrad to showcase a holistic development despite the odds. Moving forward, a GMAT score of 720+ is exactly what you should be targeting to increase your chances of acceptance in ISB.

As far as your work experience goes, considering the fact that you will be competing against applicants who have worked in the big four companies like KPMG, DELOITTE and PWC, you can set yourself at par with them by talking about why you chose this company, what kind of projects you undertook, what were your inputs and what skills you developed. Furthermore, as top B schools are always looking for candidates who are constantly on the path of upscaling themselves, pursuing a CFA charter would prove to be a significant value addition to your profile.

Furthermore, your participation in extracurricular activities is equally important as it will showcase a holistically developed profile which is what the schools are looking for. Needless to say, you definitely possess a decent hold on your extracurricular activities as you have been part of various CSR activities, volunteering activities and also, you’ve held important positions in your college society. However, you can add more value to your profile by digging deeper into the various endeavors you undertook and how you went above and beyond to excel in the same. Here you have mentioned that you had organised festivals at college, which again showcases your organisation and management skills. Furthermore, this can be taken up a notch by elaborating on the kind of events you organised, the duties you performed, and most importantly, highlight your major takeaways. All in all, these skills can contribute towards you being a great future leader which would automatically impress the AdComs.

Coming to your target school, ISB falls into the dream category. Dream schools have a very stringent acceptance rate of 12-15%. Looking at your profile you have a 40-50% chance of getting admitted to the schools in the dream category, provided you back your profile with a very strong application which consists of your Essay, Lor and Resume as it carries 30% of an impact on your chances of bagging an admit in any of the top B-schools.

Moreover, in order to hedge your bets wisely, it is always better to target a mix of dream and competitive schools. Having said that, if you want to know more about other top B-schools that you can target, you can take up a FREE Profile Evaluation that will give you a more accurate and personalised suggestion based on your inputs.

Click on the link below to avail your free evaluation:

https://www.mim-essay.com/profile-evaluation

Hope this helped!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: ISB'22
GRE 1: Q165 V162
Send PM
I am planning to apply for ISB for the 2022 intake.

I am really worried about my profile thou. A little check on my educational background:

Gender - Female
Age- 24
10th - 95%
12th- 79%
Engineering ( Computer Science) - 65%
Work Ex- 3.4 yrs ( Digital Marketing)

I am an average student academically. But I have been showcasing leadership qualities since my schooling. I was appointed as head girl. I have actively taken part in drama club/ street plays and have won awards for that during my schooling.

In my college and school days I have always coordinated and organised events, fests. I was also part of national entrepreneurship cell for my college where I represented my college in college level workshop giving various ideas for the same and also mentoring students who have great ideas and letting their ideas reach new level and get sponsors.

In work I have always stepped up and taken up responsibilities whenever there is no resource. I also always researched and gone out of my comfort zone and learn things that were not restricted to my roles and responsibilities. I have knowledge across various tools for automation and data visualisation( that my role doesn’t permit) for which I have been awarded in my company as well. Automation, research, and leadership ( i.e stepping in for any work whenever required) are three of my strong assets.

I am also an active member of organisation that mentors girl child where I directly mentor two girls, have chat with them regularly and help them in their education.

I appeared for gmat and scored a 490 in jan 2021. I was quite disheartened. I had prepared for three months thou not properly as I was constantly worried and getting stress and anxiety about my results because of which I panicked during my actual exam.

I am planning to appear for gmat and aiming for a score of 700.

But I am not very confident about that. I am getting tensed constantly whether my profile is even right for isb and whether I should even consider giving gmat.

ISB is my dream college. Thou academically weak I know my extra curricular activities are really strong and I come from a little diverse background.

I am currently following Maghoosh Gmat 3 months schedule for beginner which focuses mainly only maghoosh lessons and official guide questions. I am currently studying from 2021 guide.

I need help. I am not sure what to do. I am not confident. :/
I am really scared about my gmat and what if I don’t get a good score again?

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
Send PM
Hi ,

Please help with profile evaluation

Gmat-700(Q-50,V34,IR-7,AWA-5)
ENGINNERING-9.10/10
12th-89%
10th-93%

Work experinence
Work experinence of 45 months in manufacturing in fmcg.
Have handeled roles of quality , manufacturing and efficency improvement.

Projects
1. Automation for quality checks of online coding
2. Plaanning and commisioning of system for new process.
3. Automation of online loss capturing systems for line efficency improvement.

Extracurriculars

1. Involved with society in college for teacing unprivilidged children
2. Participated in college fests.

Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Priyan25,

Thanks for sharing your profile. Talking about your acads, your undergrad GPA is on the lower side. You will need a strong GMAT score to compensate for it. I suggest that you shoot for a score of 700 or higher to be on the safer ground. I understand you received a low score on your first try, and trust me, that is perfectly fine. Nobody is perfect here. You must learn from your mistakes and strive to better yourself. You are a young girl, why hurry. Simply concentrate on your GMAT and strive to attain a competitive GMAT score in order to achieve admission to your dream school.

On the work front, as you've said, you've undertaken different roles and duties outside of your comfort zone, or to put it another way, outside of your field of expertise. That's excellent. I can see some good elements in your profile that will undoubtedly help you create impactful stories to put a mark on the adcoms. Your ECs are great and if speaking about all these with the right passion would significantly enhance your apps.

Overall you have a good profile, but I would like to know some specifics of your work experience, such as impact, organization you have worked for and tasks or projects you've worked on. It will help me evaluate your profile better and give a realistic assessment. You can read an article on how important is GMAT and how to overcome your low GMAT score. It will help you give a good idea about your chances and instil “right” confidence.

All the best for your GMAT :)

If you’d like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and gauge your fit for ISB. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma
Testimonials

Priyan25 wrote:
I am planning to apply for ISB for the 2022 intake.

I am really worried about my profile thou. A little check on my educational background:

Gender - Female
Age- 24
10th - 95%
12th- 79%
Engineering ( Computer Science) - 65%
Work Ex- 3.4 yrs ( Digital Marketing)

I am an average student academically. But I have been showcasing leadership qualities since my schooling. I was appointed as head girl. I have actively taken part in drama club/ street plays and have won awards for that during my schooling.

In my college and school days I have always coordinated and organised events, fests. I was also part of national entrepreneurship cell for my college where I represented my college in college level workshop giving various ideas for the same and also mentoring students who have great ideas and letting their ideas reach new level and get sponsors.

In work I have always stepped up and taken up responsibilities whenever there is no resource. I also always researched and gone out of my comfort zone and learn things that were not restricted to my roles and responsibilities. I have knowledge across various tools for automation and data visualisation( that my role doesn’t permit) for which I have been awarded in my company as well. Automation, research, and leadership ( i.e stepping in for any work whenever required) are three of my strong assets.

I am also an active member of organisation that mentors girl child where I directly mentor two girls, have chat with them regularly and help them in their education.

I appeared for gmat and scored a 490 in jan 2021. I was quite disheartened. I had prepared for three months thou not properly as I was constantly worried and getting stress and anxiety about my results because of which I panicked during my actual exam.

I am planning to appear for gmat and aiming for a score of 700.

But I am not very confident about that. I am getting tensed constantly whether my profile is even right for isb and whether I should even consider giving gmat.

ISB is my dream college. Thou academically weak I know my extra curricular activities are really strong and I come from a little diverse background.

I am currently following Maghoosh Gmat 3 months schedule for beginner which focuses mainly only maghoosh lessons and official guide questions. I am currently studying from 2021 guide.

I need help. I am not sure what to do. I am not confident. :/
I am really scared about my gmat and what if I don’t get a good score again?

Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Asp112,

Thanks for sharing your profile. Your profile looks good on the surface. Talking about your acads, your undergrad GPA is great, and a decent GMAT score. The average GMAT score for ISB stands at 710, so no need to worry. You will need to work on your apps and bring impactful stories.

ISB evaluates candidates profile on the following criteria

1) Academic excellence
2) Great work experience
3) Diversity

Make sure you think through good examples to showcase the above while working on your application. On the work front, what I can gauge is leadership roles and excelling in your responsibilities. You must highlight the projects you have undertaken and display their impact on the organisation For your work experience and overall profile, I am missing impact. I need to hear your story extensively in order to understand your USP that can help you project your story competitively.

If you’d like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and give you a realistic assessment. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma
Testimonials

Asp112 wrote:
Hi ,

Please help with profile evaluation

Gmat-700(Q-50,V34,IR-7,AWA-5)
ENGINNERING-9.10/10
12th-89%
10th-93%

Work experinence
Work experinence of 45 months in manufacturing in fmcg.
Have handeled roles of quality , manufacturing and efficency improvement.

Projects
1. Automation for quality checks of online coding
2. Plaanning and commisioning of system for new process.
3. Automation of online loss capturing systems for line efficency improvement.

Extracurriculars

1. Involved with society in college for teacing unprivilidged children
2. Participated in college fests.

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  212   213   214   215   216  ...  307