[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 881: Undefined array key "c_ss"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 890: Undefined array key "204_school_count"
ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation : ISB - Page 212
Last visit was: 24 Jul 2024, 12:05 It is currently 24 Jul 2024, 12:05
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Technology, Other
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V30
GMAT 2: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 3.5
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Technology, Other
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V30
GMAT 2: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 3.5
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 404 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Send PM
Re: ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi karakootildasan,

Thank you for sharing your profile. Your acads look good overall and do meet ISB's standards. On the work front, I see a good career trajectory. Bring out good leadership experiences where you've overcome challenges and added growth to yourself, your team and your organizations. Also, the startup story sounds interesting! Can bring out some of your major characteristics.

Also, I quite liked the fact that you're a professional musician being recognised by the industry! Sounds good :)

For your post-MBA goals, ISB does look for practicality in your short-term goals and product management seems feasible for you. I am wondering which other schools are you eyeing? You may have good shot at some of the best mba programs abroad as well.

If you'd like, we are happy to hop on a call with you and discuss your profile in detail to suggest you more relevant schools. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma, Linkedin
Founder and Admissions Consultant, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: shantanu@mbaandbeyond.com
What s app: +65-97158525

karakootildasan wrote:
Targeting ISB for class of 2023 (R1 September 2021 applicant). Profile as such below.

Male 27 years old
GMAT: nil but targeting a score of 720+
B.Tech 7.8 GPA/74%
10th CBSE 94
12th CBSE 94.2

Work: 5+ years in SAP consulting with two promotions in Big 4 consulting company. I also worked in a startup for 6 months right after graduation before starting present job. I'm a professional musician on the side, with a band that does fairly well and known around the circuit for the past 4 years. Released Albums reviewed by international magazines etc.

Kindly let me know how I fare and how to proceed?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 163
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.48
Send PM
Hello Everyone,

Can you kindly evaluate my profile.

Academics:
10th - 75%
12th - 69&
UG - 75% ( Tier 2 college)

Several leadership positions held during college including designing and organizing an international education fair, the college fest(attended by 10000+ people) and several of the department events.

4.5 years work in IT. Working for a healthcare client.
5 awards from the company. 1 promotion (2nd promotion didn't happen thanks to covid)
- have led 2 different teams simultaneously in the office( 1 application development team , 1 quality assurance team)
- have helped 400 + employees to gain certifications or at least trainings in the latest technology
- finished off a project 5 weeks before deadline.
- by automating the process , increased support team efficiency by 40%.
( support team comprises the juniors ~ although I didn't work here , I took an initiative to help them)

Have my own NGO since the last 5 years.
-mission is to bring back drug addicted street children back to normal way of life by ensuring education ,food , clothes and shelter is provided.
- so far 35 children have been rehabilitated from slums
- organized various events such as blood donation camp, distribution of blankets and helping out cyclone ravaged villages in various parts of West Bengal.

hobbies
- stargazing ~ organizing events sometimes in my colony
- playing snooker , chess and badminton.

Certifications - Lean six sigma green belt,
- Cloud computing.

POST MBA goal - Operations consulting.

Target - ISB
Applied by - Round 2 for class of 2022

Still awaiting interview invite.

Thanks and regards

Originally posted by pratyush86 on 11 Feb 2021, 11:16.
Last edited by pratyush86 on 12 Feb 2021, 07:26, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 63 [0]
Given Kudos: 114
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GPA: 3.95
Send PM
Hello Everyone!

Please evaluate my profile.

I am interested to apply for R1 round of ISB (Class of 2023)

10th : 10 CGPA (CBSE)
12th : 92.6% (CBSE)
B.tech (in Mechanical Engineering) : 8.93 CGPA (tier-2 college)

Currently working in one of the renowned steel manufacturing industry in India for almost 4 years. Working there as a maintenance engineer at Managerial position. My job demands to manage a workforce of 50+ persons who are reporting to me directly. Awardee of 03 nos. of prizes in my professional life. Also an awardee of "full scorer in mathematics in 12th board examination". I am a classically trained vocalist and represented my college during cultural fests . My hobbies include painting and dancing (also a Kathak Dancer).
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hello 197369,

You have a very decent profile for ISB. Try to bring out stories of impact and leadership from your personal and professional experience. I am missing you GMAT score and post-MBA goals. Any volunteering initiatives?

197369 wrote:
Hello Everyone!

Currently working in one of the renowned steel manufacturing industry in India for almost 4 years. Working there as a maintenance engineer at Managerial position. My job demands to manage a workforce of 50+ persons who are reporting to me directly. Awardee of 03 nos. of prizes in my professional life. Also an awardee of "full scorer in mathematics in 12th board examination". I am a classically trained vocalist and represented my college during cultural fests . My hobbies include painting and dancing (also a Kathak Dancer).

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 63 [0]
Given Kudos: 114
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GPA: 3.95
Send PM
Hey! So I have planned to take the test by the end of next week . I am planning for my specialization in Marketing , Strategy , Operations (read: with reference to decreasing prioirty)

RUCHIPCONSULTING wrote:
Hello 197369,

You have a very decent profile for ISB. Try to bring out stories of impact and leadership from your personal and professional experience. I am missing you GMAT score and post-MBA goals. Any volunteering initiatives?

197369 wrote:
Hello Everyone!

Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hello Everyone,

Academics:
10th - 75%
12th - 69&

Several leadership positions held during college including designing and organizing an international education fair, the college fest(attended by 10000+ people) and several of the department events.

5 awards from the company. 1 promotion (2nd promotion didn't happen thanks to covid)
- have led 2 different teams simultaneously in the office( 1 application development team , 1 quality assurance team)
- have helped 400 + employees to gain certifications or at least trainings in the latest technology
( support team comprises the juniors ~ although I didn't work here , I took an initiative to help them)

-mission is to bring back drug addicted street children back to normal way of life by ensuring education ,food , clothes and shelter is provided.
- organized various events such as blood donation camp, distribution of blankets and helping out cyclone ravaged villages in various parts of West Bengal.

hobbies

- Cloud computing.

Target - ISB

Thanks and regards
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Please focus on getting a GMAT score as high as possible and then work on your application (more networking, strengthening your profile, if possible, etc.). Your post-MBA goals lack clarity and seem like work areas that you are interested in. For purpose of application and also recruiting, you need to give more thought to what you want to do.

197369 wrote:
Hey! So I have planned to take the test by the end of next week . I am planning for my specialization in Marketing , Strategy , Operations (read: with reference to decreasing prioirty)

RUCHIPCONSULTING wrote:
Hello 197369,

197369 wrote:
Hello Everyone!

SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 413 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Expert Reply
shinchan7007 wrote:
Final year engineering student.

10th-95%(ICSE)

12th-92.8%(CBSE)

IISER-Kolkata-8 CGPA (Dropped after 3 semesters)

TIET B.E in CSE -8.25 CGPA till 7th semester

Working as software engineer intern in Siemens PLM.

Extra Curricula's - Core Member of 2 societies in college , 3 medals in athletics , taught math's to underprivileged children.

Academic Achievements- INSPIRE SCHOLAR by DST, Government Of India.

GMAT and GRE- Will give in July.

Hey shinchan7007!

Commencing your profile evaluation with your academic background, I would say that you have a pretty strong academic background. You have showcased excellent academic prowess all throughout your academic journey and your CGPA of 8.25 would allow you to target most of the top schools across the world.

However, on the note of the dropping out of your previous college, I would say that it’d be better to pose an alibi such as family business, personal life hiccups, etc to justify the same as schools tend to have a displeased outlook on dropping out due to the implication of lack of clarity in mindset and goals.

Moving on to your work experience, your tenure at the Siemens PLM as a software engineer adds in the aspect of relevant and quality work experience to your profile. Even though your work experience is pretty decent in itself, you should be mindful of the fact that you’d be competing against candidates with similar or stronger profiles. Therefore, it is imperative for you to differentiate yourself by talking about the kind of projects you have undertaken, the impact you have created, and your career progression with major learning takeaways.

Further, on the note of extracurriculars, you must be cognizant of the fact that schools seek applicants having a holistic profile. Hence, accounting for the same, your experiences at the college societies highlight your leadership skills, while your accolades in athletics vouch for your determination and competitive spirit. It is also good to see that you have undertaken volunteering activities that further display your active community involvement and capability to utilize your skills to create a positive impact on society. In conclusion, I would say that you have a pretty holistically developed profile. However, even though your profile is littered with activities and diverse skill sets, you lack the aspect of management in your profile. Hence, I would recommend you to take up certifications in management skills such as FRM, Six Lean Sigma, etc.

Moving on to your school choice, ISB is of the top B-schools in India and definitely falls under the dream category which means that your chances of acceptance into the ISB YLP program would be anywhere around 40-50%. Moreover, as you are yet to give your GMAT exam, I would advise you to score a minimum target score of 710+ to boost your chances of acceptance into the program.

Another aspect that you should be aware of is the fact that when applying to B schools, it is never a good strategy to place all of your eggs in one basket and only apply to one school. It is always advised to hedge your bets wisely and apply to a good mix of 6-8 schools. Since you haven’t mentioned any other preferences in terms of school or country choices, it’ll be difficult for me to recommend schools that would fit your profile accurately. Therefore, I’d recommend you to check out our FREE Profile Evaluation Tool, which would provide you with a clear assessment of your chances at your schools of choice while also providing you with a personalized list of schools you can target based on your profile.

Link for the FREE Profile Evaluation Tool-:

https://www.mim-essay.com/profile-evaluation

Hope this helped!
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 404 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi pratyush86,

Your profile looks pretty good on the surface. I can see leadership qualities in your profile, which is one of the key features top b-schools look for. You haven't mentioned your GMAT score here, but assuming that it's competitive, I'm evaluating your profile

Your academics are somewhat on the lower side. ISB wants the applicants to be academically outstanding and so it’s important for you to score a 700+ to exhibit your academic potential. Leading two separate teams reflects teamwork skills and multitasking capability in you and also ticks the box of your leadership skills. Your NGO is the most important aspect of your profile because it shows your core values. It exhibits a collaborative leader in you, who with himself can lead the society to a better future. This brings a solid impact to your profile.

Your ECs are also fascinating (primarily star gazing). They will help adcoms know a very different personality of yours.

Overall, your profile is competitive for ISB, but what matters most is how you've built your stories and tied the overall story to ISB's ideals, community, and goals. Also, the calls for ISB Round 2 interviews have begun and you should expect it to go up to mid-March.

Well, Best of luck! Hope you receive an interview invite! Also, you have a good profile to compete for top schools in Europe as well! Are you eyeing any, right now? If you'd like, we are happy to hop on a call with you and discuss your profile in detail. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma,
Testimonials
pratyush86 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Academics:
10th - 75%
12th - 69&

hobbies

- Cloud computing.

Target - ISB

Thanks and regards
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi
MBAandBeyond wrote:

I have a GMAT score of 720(q48 v40 awa - 5 IR - 5)

I submitted my application by round 1 and my GMAT score by round 2.

MBAandBeyond wrote:
Hi pratyush86,

Your profile looks pretty good on the surface. I can see leadership qualities in your profile, which is one of the key features top b-schools look for. You haven't mentioned your GMAT score here, but assuming that it's competitive, I'm evaluating your profile

Your academics are somewhat on the lower side. ISB wants the applicants to be academically outstanding and so it’s important for you to score a 700+ to exhibit your academic potential. Leading two separate teams reflects teamwork skills and multitasking capability in you and also ticks the box of your leadership skills. Your NGO is the most important aspect of your profile because it shows your core values. It exhibits a collaborative leader in you, who with himself can lead the society to a better future. This brings a solid impact to your profile.

Your ECs are also fascinating (primarily star gazing). They will help adcoms know a very different personality of yours.

Overall, your profile is competitive for ISB, but what matters most is how you've built your stories and tied the overall story to ISB's ideals, community, and goals. Also, the calls for ISB Round 2 interviews have begun and you should expect it to go up to mid-March.

Well, Best of luck! Hope you receive an interview invite! Also, you have a good profile to compete for top schools in Europe as well! Are you eyeing any, right now? If you'd like, we are happy to hop on a call with you and discuss your profile in detail. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma,
Testimonials
pratyush86 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Academics:
10th - 75%
12th - 69&

hobbies

- Cloud computing.

Target - ISB

Thanks and regards

Originally posted by pratyush86 on 13 Feb 2021, 23:46.
Last edited by pratyush86 on 14 Feb 2021, 09:35, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hi, kindly review my profile -:

10th - 84%
12th - 94%
UG Bcom (H) - 71% - Delhi University
Professional Degree - Chartered Accountant
GMAT - 680 (Probably may give another attempt)
Extra Curriculars - 1) Led sports teams across schools/colleges/offices - Sport - Cricket and Badminton
2) Participated in Gaming competitions (format - Playstation 3/4)
3) Secretary for multiple societies in college
Work Experience - Worked at the three of the Big 4 accounting firms as an auditor
Goal - Management Consulting in the Big 4's
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
Schools: ISB '23 (A)
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V28 (Online)
GMAT 2: 680 Q50 V32
GMAT 3: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.23
Send PM
Kindly evaluate my profile for ISB's one year PGP :

GMAT Score: 630 [Quant:47 , Verbal:27, I.R.:8] (Planning to take the GMAT again)

Educational Qualifications:
Graduation: Bachelor's in Technology in Electronics and Communication Engineering from National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra with a CGPA of 8.5 (2018)
Class XII: Scored 95.6% (CBSE, 2014)
Class X: Scored 95% (CGPA: 10, CBSE 2012)

Work Experience (~3 years):
Working as a Consultant (Insurance analytics) for clients in the Australian geography (2018 - present) with a month's experience in Australia and received rewards and recognition for the same

Extra Curriculars:
UnderGrad -

-Scholarship recipient from Scholarship America for 4 years (2014-2018)
-Captain of the basketball team and secured several medals in tournaments in reputed institutes like IIT-BHU, Thapar University, etc.
-Active participant in debates and quizzes (won some too) and a part of the organizing committee for literary events in fests

School -
-Received an award for for consistent and exemplary academic performance for 6 years
-Participated and won in several debates, declamation competitions, science and tech competitions
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2067 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Send PM
Expert Reply
RookieDaCookie:

Thanks for sharing your profile!

You are right to retake the GMAT. A higher score is going to be important for your chances.

Do you have any extracurricular activities or leadership achievements since graduation? Any interesting personal stories? Those will be needed to complement your work experience to show you as a more well-rounded person.

Can you tell us more about your work experience? Do you feel you have major accomplishments that will showcase your leadership, quantitative or analytical skills beyond the recognition you received?

From what you have shared, you have many great components but there are definitely a few parts missing. While you are retaking the GMAT, focus on tying up loose ends and shore up any weaknesses in your overall application as discussed above. Feel free to reach out to us at Admissionado if you'd like some additional strategic help on a more personal basis.

https://admissionado.com/free-consultation/

Good luck!
Admissionado
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hello RookieDaCookie,
Decent academics but you will have to retake the GMAT and score much higher than your current score. You haven’t detailed your achievements and impact at work. This is critical to ascertain your chances. Make sure to talk about your impact at work in your essays. You have good EC activities in undergrad, but do you have more recent EC and Volunteering activities to show? Also, I am missing your post-MBA goals.

RookieDaCookie wrote:
Kindly evaluate my profile for ISB's one year PGP :

GMAT Score: 630 [Quant:47 , Verbal:27, I.R.:8] (Planning to take the GMAT again)

Educational Qualifications:
Graduation: Bachelor's in Technology in Electronics and Communication Engineering from National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra with a CGPA of 8.5 (2018)
Class XII: Scored 95.6% (CBSE, 2014)
Class X: Scored 95% (CGPA: 10, CBSE 2012)

Work Experience (~3 years):
Working as a Consultant (Insurance analytics) for clients in the Australian geography (2018 - present) with a month's experience in Australia and received rewards and recognition for the same

Extra Curriculars:
UnderGrad -

-Scholarship recipient from Scholarship America for 4 years (2014-2018)
-Captain of the basketball team and secured several medals in tournaments in reputed institutes like IIT-BHU, Thapar University, etc.
-Active participant in debates and quizzes (won some too) and a part of the organizing committee for literary events in fests

School -
-Received an award for for consistent and exemplary academic performance for 6 years
-Participated and won in several debates, declamation competitions, science and tech competitions
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 413 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
mahuab wrote:
Please evaluate my profile for ISB FPM for 2021
Class X : 93%
Class XII : 83%
B. Tech - Chemical Engineering from NIT, Durgapur 2009
CGPA : 8.83
GRE : 315 (163 V/ 152 Q)

Work ex : 10 years in Engineering consultancy, EPC companies and last 5 years in MAnufacturing sector - Petrochemicals in Technical Services and Procurement.

Applying for FPM in Operations Management. Kindly evaluate my profile whether there will be selection or not ?

Hi mahuab,

From the first look itself, you are applying for a FPM program, which requires both a bachelors and a masters degree which is missing in the details you have provided here. This will hinder the accurate evaluation of your profile, however we would still try to evaluate your profile with the limited information you have mentioned here.
Talking about your academics, you definitely hold a good academic record which is evident from your 8.83 CGPA in your undergraduate degree. Your GRE score on the other hand, is a bit on the lower end for ISB, which is why I would recommend that you retake your GRE test.

Coming to your work experience, you have an extensive period of work experience in different industries which showcases your versatility and your potential to mould in any domain you come across. Furthermore, you can build upon this part of your profile by showcasing how you went above and beyond in your endeavours by highlighting the kind of projects you handled, any leadership position you held, the impacts you created and your major takeaways from the same.

Speaking of the extracurriculars, you can highlight any recent or relevant activity you were part of such as your participation in the CSR activities of your company or any certification courses that you undertook based on the niche that you want to pursue your career in. This will basically help in showcasing how you were constantly striving to upskill yourself. Furthermore, you can also mention your participation in any clubs/society during your masters studies.

Talking about ISB, it comes under the dream category where based on your profile, your chances of acceptance is 50%. However, to boost your chances of acceptance you can focus on optimizing your application (comprising your resume, LORs, and Essays) which is basically what differentiates you by highlighting your strengths and overshadowing your weaknesses which in your case is your rather low GPA. Additionally, it also carries a 30% impact on your admission prospects which is why I would urge you to pay more attention to the same. Moreover, I would suggest that you hedge your bets wisely by targeting a good mix of 6-8 schools in the dream, competitive, and safe category.

That said, if you are contemplating on how to draft an impactful application, you can check out our All-in-one service which is a complete end to end consulting process aimed at providing personalised application suggestions, unlimited edits and expert consultants who would constantly be there to help you throughout your application journey! We have helped 3500+ applicants get into the top B-schools with a 95% success rate. So what are you waiting for? Just click on the link below and start your admission journey with us!

Below is the link to our All in One service:

https://www.mim-essay.com/mim-all-in-one

Hope this helped!
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 413 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Nalinikantpatro wrote:
Hi,
Please evaluate my profile,
1 inconsistent academics , 10th 9.0 GPA, 12th - 69%, btech - 7.52
2. Gmat score - 710
3. Workex - 4.5 years by mar'2021, working at senior analyst, have worked in 4 companies till now, have done leadership work in the last one,
4. Have a strong background of sports and extracircular, and have had a history of a startup in college.
5. Worked in an NGO for a year

Hi Nalinikantpatro,

The first thing that we need to address in your profile is your academic record. Since you are applying for a masters degree, the endeavours in your undergraduate and above is what is considered relevant. Keeping this in mind, your undergraduate CGPA of 7.52 which though appears to be of decent stature still lacks when it comes to competing with other strong applicants. Having said that, you can turn the tables by posing the right alibi such as your focus on transforming yourself holistically by paying equal attention to your extracurricular activities and academics. Adding to that, your GMAT score of 710 is indicative of your excellent hold on the academic front which will definitely allow you to target ISB.

Coming to your work experience, you have worked for a period of 4.5 years which is a decent amount of practical experience for an MBA program. In order to stand out from the crowd, you most certainly should focus on your leadership roles and major projects of your work and how these experiences helped to develop and further groom your skills and knowledge. Albeit, if you lack big brand names (since you haven’t mentioned anything about it) under your profile, you can compensate for the same by highlighting how you went above and beyond in your endeavours, the intensity of your work, the impacts you created and what were your major takeaways.

Speaking of your extracurricular participation, you mentioned that you have a strong background in sports and extracurricular activities wherein you even have a history of starting your own startup in college where you can highlight your entrepreneurial bent and how even though it was short-lived, you were able to learn a lot of things. Moreover, you can also mention how you were able to create positive impact through this program.

Your volunteering role for social causes with an NGO showcases your strong interest in developing your profile holistically by highlighting your ability to take up initiatives, impact others, and to empathize with other people. Showcasing such traits will further strengthen your application. In addition to this, you could also take up some certifications or courses, since the top B schools are on the lookout for applicants who are on the path of constantly upskilling themselves.

Now when it comes to ISB, it comes under the dream category school, which means you have a 50% chance of acceptance. To boost your chances of acceptance you can draw attention to the stronger aspects of your profile which can be achieved through your application. Your application is basically what can differentiate you by highlighting your strengths and overshadowing your weaknesses which in your case is your rather low GPA. You also need to showcase your journey and how you are a great value addition to the school. Additionally, it also carries a 30% impact on your admission prospects which is why I would urge you to pay more attention to the same. Moreover, I would suggest that you hedge your bets wisely by targeting a good mix of 6-8 schools in the dream, competitive, and safe category.

That said, if you are contemplating on how to draft an impactful application, you can check out our All-in-one service which is a complete end-to-end consulting process aimed at providing personalised application suggestions, unlimited edits, and expert consultants who would constantly be there to help you throughout your application journey! We have helped 3500+ applicants get into the top B-schools with a 95% success rate. So what are you waiting for? Just click on the link below and start your admission journey with us!

Below is the link to our All in One service:

https://www.mim-essay.com/mim-all-in-one

Hope this helped!
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 413 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hrshvrdhn wrote:

1) low academics:
10th - 70%
12th - 60%

2) Graduation:
B.Tech + M.Tech(5yr) CS

2) experience 5+yr with 3yr as Data Engineer in following organizations

E&Y, Infosys, Robert Bosch

3) Extra-curricular:
Trained new interns,
mentor in hackathon,
played nationals in Shooting sport,
personal blog,
make a wish foundation volunteer,

Based on this what should be my target GMAT score? and what additionally would I need?

Thank you

Hey Hrshvrdhn,

Starting off your profile evaluation, MBA being a manager's degree that requires significant work experience, your 5+ years of work experience would put you at par with other applicants. Also, working at big organisations like EY, Infosys, and Roberst Bosch adds a lot of brand value to your profile and will allow you to stand at par with equally competent profiles. Here, talking about the roles and positions you undertook, the teams and projects you led and the impact you created in those positions would help strengthen your application further.

While your work experience plays an important part, but the Adcoms are looking for holistically developed profiles. Hence, you would also be required to elucidate your proactiveness in extracurricular activities and other initiatives. Seeing that you have trained new interns, mentored in hackathon, and played nationals in shooting sport, you can showcase a diverse set of skills like leadership and teamwork. Your volunteering role for social causes with an NGO showcases your strong interest in developing your profile holistically by highlighting your ability to take up initiatives, impact others, and to empathize with other people. Showcasing such traits will further strengthen your application. In addition to this, you could also take up some certifications or courses, since the top B schools are on the lookout for applicants who are on the path of constantly upskilling themselves.

Academically, your undergraduate GPA is on the lower end, but posing the right alibi for the same would allow you to overcome this drawback in your profile. While your grades do play an important part, but in the case of an MBA, it will not significantly matter as an MBA focuses more on the quality of work experience that an applicant has.

As for your GMAT, a target score of 700+ is definitely a good score as it would open the doors for you to target most of the top business schools alongwith ISB.

All things considered it is important you draft a strong application on all your experiences. An application through its various components such as essays, LORs and SOPs would help you to highlight your strengths and give apt justifications for your weaknesses to smooth over any flaws in your profile. Moreover, the application acts as the window through which the admission committee can peer into your skills, calibre and your personality.

In order to know more details on what is required to get into a top B-school I’d suggest you to Book a Free consulting session with one of our consultants who through their expertise can gauge the competitiveness of your profile and help you plan a winning strategy to bag an admit.

Below you will find the link to book a 20-minute FREE consulting call with our expert consultants.

https://www.mim-essay.com/book-an-appointment-form/

Hope this helped!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  210   211   212   213   214  ...  307