Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 11:08 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 11:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 60
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 4
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1585 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Re: Ask GyanOne MBA Admission Consultants - Top Bschool Applications [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
MBA Without Work Experience | A Quick Guide

Can you get into an MBA program without work experience? A one-word answer to the question is yes! However, it is certainly not a straightforward one. There are many factors to be considered here.
An MBA program is built on the premise that you have some real-world experience before you sign up. Nevertheless, if you are choosing to go ahead without the requisite work experience, then you must possess more than just a “regular” profile. So, it may not be the best thing to rely on your academic prowess alone. For instance, you may need to display a deep understanding of corporate affairs. You can accomplish this in several ways. You can provide details of internships or proof of valuable experience which display great conflict resolution skills. On the other hand, you could talk about your experiences that display maturity beyond your age..MBA Admissions Consultants
This post was first published on the GyanOne Blog
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Re: Ask GyanOne MBA Admission Consultants - Top Bschool Applications [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
Rockstar20 wrote:
Hi please evaluate my profile for Olin , Tepper , Rotman , Simon , Goizueta . Planning to apply for 2022 intake

I have a GMAT Score of 720 (Q49 V39 IR4)

I have done my graduation ( B.E - Electronics and Communication Engineering ) from Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala, India with a CGPA of 9.04/10 (90.4%) . Also I have been a 2 time merit scholarship holder (2 consecutive years ) in my college .

My 10th class CGPA has been 10 CGPA (95 %) and 12th class percentage has been 91.8%

I have worked for 2 clubs in my college -:

1) Cultural club in which I was a part of the event organizing team and played a role of a cultural head i.e talking to the managers of renowned musicians and sufi artists , planning out the cultural events etc.

2) Science & Maths Club - Here I was a part of their management team wherein I helped them organize several fun maths & science challenges.

I have worked for 2 NGO’s as well -:

One was a Wildlife conservation NGO wherein I was a part of the team which rescued animals on road which were hurt ( due to accidents with cars etc.)

Second was an NGO wherein I taught underprivileged kids and helped them gather resources such as school books , school bags etc.

I have been in ZS for the past 11 months.
In ZS, I have been working closely with a US pharma client and i handle their sales incentive compensation and goal setting . I analyze extensive retail and outlet level sales data to create useful insights and also do call planning for field reps to optimize customer reach . I have also provided ad hoc analytical support for clients to help cater to varying demands from field representatives.
Working at ZS has led me learning about a lot of new dimensions of how the industry works , also analyzing the real sales data helps understanding the different areas where things can be improved to get better profits for the company .

This all has led me to derive insights and look in those directions which are generally ignored by us.

Posted from my mobile device

Hi Rockstar20

Thanks for posting. Can you please clarify on your total experience at this point? Is it just the 11 months at ZS or is there more? Also, which intake are you planning to apply for?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 4
Send PM
Ask GyanOne MBA Admission Consultants - Top Bschool Applications [#permalink]
GyanOne wrote:
Rockstar20 wrote:
Hi please evaluate my profile for Olin , Tepper , Rotman , Simon , Goizueta . Planning to apply for 2022 intake

I have done my graduation ( B.E - Electronics and Communication Engineering ) from Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala, India with a CGPA of 9.04/10 (90.4%) . Also I have been a 2 time merit scholarship holder (2 consecutive years ) in my college .

My 10th class CGPA has been 10 CGPA (95 %) and 12th class percentage has been 91.8%

1) Cultural club in which I was a part of the event organizing team and played a role of a cultural head i.e talking to the managers of renowned musicians and sufi artists , planning out the cultural events etc.

2) Science & Maths Club - Here I was a part of their management team wherein I helped them organize several fun maths & science challenges.

One was a Wildlife conservation NGO wherein I was a part of the team which rescued animals on road which were hurt ( due to accidents with cars etc.)

Second was an NGO wherein I taught underprivileged kids and helped them gather resources such as school books , school bags etc.

In ZS, I have been working closely with a US pharma client and i handle their sales incentive compensation and goal setting . I analyze extensive retail and outlet level sales data to create useful insights and also do call planning for field reps to optimize customer reach . I have also provided ad hoc analytical support for clients to help cater to varying demands from field representatives.
Working at ZS has led me learning about a lot of new dimensions of how the industry works , also analyzing the real sales data helps understanding the different areas where things can be improved to get better profits for the company .

This all has led me to derive insights and look in those directions which are generally ignored by us.

Hi Rockstar20

Thanks for posting. Can you please clarify on your total experience at this point? Is it just the 11 months at ZS or is there more? Also, which intake are you planning to apply for?

My experience would be 2 years at the time of entering the college. ( It is 11 months as of today , will be more than a year at the time of application). I am planning to apply for the upcoming intake.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
Rockstar20 wrote:
GyanOne wrote:
Rockstar20 wrote:

Hi Rockstar20

My experience would be 2 years at the time of entering the college. ( It is 11 months as of today , will be more than a year at the time of application). I am planning to apply for the upcoming intake.

That is on the lower side. We recommend you wait one more year before applying, especially to the schools you have mentioned. The lack of experience can be a factor in admissions at your experience level.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
STEM MBA in USA | Top Programs and Requirements

STEM MBA in USA is basically a designation that is afforded by the US Government’s Department of Homeland Security. This is given to a select few programs based on the specialty and focus. With the addition of a few or more courses that focus on technical skills, a regular MBA program is converted into a STEM-Certified one. Simply put, the STEM MBA program can be classified as a hybrid between the MS and a regular MBA program. Owing to the way these programs are designed, candidates signing up are required to have a strong technical background..MBA in USA
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
Michigan Ross, Tepper, Cornell Admits for this Young Entrepreneur!

Jatin Sindhu
Co-Founder, Deneb Automotives

I have had a dream run (If I may call it that!) as far as cracking the admissions process is concerned! I have been over the moon ever since I heard the best news from Michigan Ross, Cornell, Tepper, Chicago Booth, NUS, and ISB. An offer of $28,000 as scholarship by Johnson Cornell made everything extra sweet! I was employed in the position of a Director at Deneb Automotives Pvt. Ltd. Deneb is a home improvement products manufacturing firm. The position allowed me to explore my true interests (of being an entrepreneur) while challenging my abilities and knowledge in the true sense..MBA Success Stories
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
Average GRE Scores for top MBA Programs in Business Schools

Average GRE scores for MBA programs depend on the school and the program you are interested in. Generally, a score of 325+ is considered to be good. Till about two or three years back, GRE was widely known to be preferred by students opting for an MS degree. However, lately, there has been a steady increase in the number of students applying for MBA programs (with GRE scores).
An important aspect that needs to be considered is that unlike other tests, GRE scores for business schools are considered in sections- Verbal, Quant and Analytical Writing. This means that schools will be looking at your scores individually. Therefore, instead of asking- what is a good GRE score? You should be asking- what is a good Quant/Verbal score?..MBA Application tips
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
HEC Paris MBA Ranking and Success

HIMANSHU JAIN
Himanshu had close to five years of experience when he decide to apply for an MBA at HEC, one of the top business schools in Europe. With a GMAT of 700, Himanshu is an Oil and Gas industry professional who has previously worked for Air Liquide Global E&C Solutions.
Himanshu started working with GyanOne towards the last admission rounds of HEC.
He was working in the European region and had some excellent international experience that he could leverage in his applications, and that is exactly what he did. From discussing his work in large plants, to his contributions to risk management and teamwork in them, Himanshu created a fantastic application that helped him find favor with HEC..MBA in Europe
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
What is the Average GMAT score for ISB ?

The average GMAT score for ISB, class of 2019 is 709 and the average GRE score is 326. The lowest GMAT score profiel that has been accepted in 2018 was with a score of 600, maximum being 780! So what is the score that you should prepare for or be confident of applying to ISB with? Let’s look at the average scores of the past five years..Average GMAT score for ISB ?
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
Top MBA in Singapore | Nanyang MBA Admits

Aastha Goel

A conscientious and creative number cruncher is how you would describe Aastha Goel. As soon as she graduated with a bachelor’s degree in commerce, she was selected as an analyst at Ernst and Young-well-known as one of the Big Four Accounting Firms of the world. As a lead researcher in Indirect tax, she provided analysis and support on key issues that impact major business decisions. She also took on the role of a compliance controller, to ensure compliance of GST-related issues. Her commitment and excellence were recognized through awards..Top MBA in Singapore
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
How much Does a Top 10 MBA Cost | What Makes them So Expensive?

Adding the letters ‘MBA’ against your name comes at a cost. Considering that your wallet will be a lot lighter when are done with the program, it makes sense to make that decision carefully. There are a number of ways to narrow down your search on how much does a top 10 MBA cost and and one of the ways is to follow rankings based on tuition fees. Enrolling for an MBA in any of the top ten MBA schools can set you back by about $200,000. Apart from this, you must also consider that the tuition costs continue to rise every year by 4%-5%. Stanford, where the costs of the MBA program for the year 2019 work out to around $ 231,672 as against 225,594 in the year 2017 (about 3 % increase). INSEAD, on the other hand, presently stands at 191,642 as against 129,367 in the year 2017 which accounts for about 6 % increase..MBA in USA
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
Rotman MBA Admissions Team in an Exclusive Interview

Rotman is the first choice MBA for anyone considering an MBA in Canada. The Rotman MBA has consistently maintained its position as the best MBA in Canada, with a deep focus on innovation, research, entreprenership and case studies.
As increasing number of indian applicants turn to Canada for their MBA, number of rejections rise too. It is therefore advised to prepare yourself and your application for the admissions wisely. In this exclusive interview, the Rotman MBA Admissions Director highlights the most important assessment criterion for MBA admissions in Rotman, when to apply, how to get scholarships, which rounds to apply in as international applicants, GMAT waivers and much more. This is a must read for all of Rotman aspirants..MBA in Canada
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
Average GMAT Scores at Top MBA Colleges | Your Guide

Would you consider a score of 510 low? Well, a candidate with this score made it through to Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business. So what do we make of Average GMAT Scores at Top MBA colleges? With a score ranging between 500-600, you have a couple of choices- to take the test again or work on every other aspect of your application to make up for the low score. If you’ve made up your mind to go with the second, then you had better buckle up for the ride! The narrator in the Star Wars movie ((The Clone Wars-2010) was not wrong when he said: “Fear is a great motivator”. The best way to tackle it is to meet it head on..Average GMAT Scores at Top MBA Colleges
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GRE 1: Q164 V158
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Dear GyanOne...Can you please review my profile rand let me know the chances of admits to target schools

Background: Indian, Male, 27

-10th - 80.46%
-12th - 80.67%
-Bachelors of Engineering (Electronics & Communications, class of 2014) - Four year aggregate of 55% with some arrears which I cleared off during college -itself (I am deeply concerned about this part)
- GMAT scheduled in next month, expecting a 730+ score (Mock scores: 670, 730, 730, 750)

Work experience: Total 6.4 years

3.5 years --> Boutique cyber security consulting startup in India

- It was a new team with only 3 people. I along with my manager setup their security operations center from scratch. We grew the team from 3 members to 85 members in 3.5 years bringing in 15+ major clients amounting total revenue of more than 1 million $
- Formed and led their new 24/7 team which was part of their security operations center. Carried out and led more than 20 projects with the team.
- Carried out some short term international engagements in middle east
- I received excellence award for 2 consecutive years (Among total 400 employees)
- Received 3 promotions in 3 years
- Started as an intern, left as an specialist

1.8 years --> Big4 Consulting firm in India

- Started as consultant, led the Cyber transformation project for their biggest insurance client.
- Led a team of 4 consultants onsite
- Among >1% to receive early promotion
- Received an award for the project I led
- Left the organization Senior Consultant

1.1 years --> One of the biggest investment banks in the world --> this is my current role

- Working with global team of highly technical individuals performing advanced cyber operation tests
- Among only 2 people from India to be part of the team (rest of the team is in UK and Poland)

Other than above experience, I co-founded a software development company and ran it for around 3 years part-time with my co-founder. honestly, this was formed to earn external income to pay our undergrad education loans. At the end of 3 years, the revenue of the company was around 35000 USD (25 lakh INR). We closed down the operations to focus more on the individual careers.

Extra-Curriculars
- Worked with local NGO for 1 year helping several people on mental illness
- Was Vice-President for student council in undergrad college
- Have more than 10 global technical certifications in fields like cloud computing, cyber security etc.

Why MBA?

As you must have noticed by now, I have tech consulting experience in highly niche domain of cyber security. Cyber security is a support function in most organizations and there is a glass ceiling to growth. Also being in support role, I won't ever be able to break into business side of things.

Post-MBA goals?

I would like to move into product management role in FAANG companies. I would also like to explore strategy consulting if I get a chance

Long term goal: Start my own tech startup firm

Target Schools

International: INSEAD, Haas, Anderson, Ross
India: ISB, IIM A PGPX, IIM B EPGP

Questions

1) Is my embarrassing GPA going to stop me from attending top school?
2) Is it going to be difficult to shift functions/industry after 6.5+ years of experience
3) Looking at my profile, Can you suggest some reach and safe international schools?
4) For US schools, does STEM track in MBA hurt chances of getting strategy consulting role post-mba?
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
MBA in USA: Karnam Cracked All Ross, Tepper and Cornell and Kelley!

Karnam Kashyap Sahariya has received calls from best of the best MBA in USA: Ross School of Business, along with confirmations from Johnson Cornell And Tepper School of Business with a scholarship of 40K and 20K respectively. What’s more, he has also been accepted into UNC Kenan Flager Business School with a 100% scholarship! Well, if you have read the above lines a second time, you are not the only one to do the same. This is no mean feat!
Karnam has achieved what few people can only dream of doing and it is not easy to achieve the kind of success he has without some serious work..MBA Success Stories
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
What to do at MBA Tour Events | Quick Tips

Meet Admissions Officers from America’s best business schools in India
Researching top MBA programs can be difficult to do, despite the multiple options for information available online. As an MBA applicant, you may also have specific questions custom to your profile and career ambitions that can only be answered by the business schools that you are applying to. Contacting admissions officers or current students over email may not always work out as they are busy, and have several queries to respond to. While several schools also hold information sessions in India, sometimes, these sessions happen very late in the admissions season (on occasion, after Round 1 deadlines are gone)..MBA Application tips
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
Yale MBA Admissions Team | Job Opportunities, Scholarships, Selection

The name ‘Yale’ itself is synonymous with prestige, distinction, and the Ivy League. Yale MBA graduates are considered among the most elite in the USA (and around the world).

In this interview, we cover questions on selection criterion that the Yale MBA looks for in applicants, employment opportunities for international students in the current visa environment, advice for reapplicants to the Yale MBA, and insights into scholarship for international students..MBA Admission Committee
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  18   19   20   21   22   23   24  ...  45