Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 11:18 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 11:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 200 Q4 V5
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 3967 [1]
Given Kudos: 160
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V34
WE:Engineering (Transportation)
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 5137 [2]
Given Kudos: 1431
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V51
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: None
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Re: Starting gmat prep [#permalink]
Check out the GMAT club math book and grammar book. Then practice questions available on the forum. All the best!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 301 [1]
Given Kudos: 413
Send PM
Starting gmat prep [#permalink]
Kudos
Ankit2112 wrote:
Hello everyone,

I want to start my gmat prep.could anyone help me with the free resources that will help me in my preparation.As I am very new to this forum.

Posted from my mobile device

First take one free mock from one of the GMAT prep companies (Manhattan Gmat, TTIP, egmat, etc) to set your base in Quants and verbal. This will tell you where you need to focus most of your energy. Set your goal, what is your dream college and what score is needed to reach that goal. You can improve 50 points each month with 3 hrs of study everyday. So if you are on 600 and your goal is 700, you will need at least 2 months and another one month for improving test strategy i.e a total of 3 month. If your goal is 750, you will need 5-6 months cause going from 700 to 750 is more harder than going from 600 to 700.

If you are totally new, buy or download these books for free from the internet

Manhattan SC
Manhattan Advanced Quants
Official Guide (OG) - 3 sets (one is general, second is quants and third is verbal. They also have an advanced guide which has 700+ questions)

For RC and CR, download from internet Manhattan GMAT CR and RC books and read them
Also if you are weak in quants, you can learn basics online or download Manhattan GMAT books from the internet.

Apart from this for practice use gmatclub questions.

Buy good mock test preferably Official GMAC test and Manhattan GMAT test.

For first 2 months take one test every 15 days. Learn from analysis of test what topics you are weak on and then focus on those topics and practice lots of (50-60) questions on those topics. You can get topic wise question on gmatclub.com
Then in last one month take a test every week and and do the same analysis and practice on those topics. Also analyse and focus on your test taking strategies. Pacing is very important. If you do not complete test in time(ie do all questions in given time) you will be penalised heavily. So learn to guess and move on on very tough questions which you cant solve in under 2 minutes. Keep improving on your test taking strategy(which questions to attempt, which questions to guess on with each test to arrive at a great test taking strategy tailored to your talents.

On last two days just revise the formulas and burn into your mind your test taking strategies. Let your mind be calm and fresh on the test day so that you can do your best on test day.

Best of luck
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1304 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Ankit2112 wrote:
Hello everyone,

I want to start my gmat prep.could anyone help me with the free resources that will help me in my preparation.As I am very new to this forum.

Some free resources: gmatclub youtube channel, question discussion posts, and in-house math guide (free to download as a pdf).

All the best,

How to score high on the GMAT. Why solving approach is important.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1434 [1]
Given Kudos: 582
Send PM
Bookmarks
Hi Ankit2112
Some of the free resources are:

GMAT Club's Ultimate Grammar Book, 2nd Edition
https://gmatclub.com/forum/ultimate-gma ... 33952.html

GMAT MATH BOOK
https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-math-bo ... l#p1073182

Overview of All Available GMAT Practice Tests
https://gmatclub.com/forum/all-gmat-pra ... 28289.html

Good Luck!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11668 [1]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi Ankit2112,

You listed a Score in your profile - is that a Score from an Official GMAT or a practice CAT/mock? Since you're just beginning your studies, if you have not already done so, then it would be a good idea to take a FULL-LENGTH practice CAT Test; you can access 2 for free at www.mba.com (and they come with some additional practice materials). If you want to do a little studying first, so that you can familiarize yourself with the basic content and question types, then that's okay - but you shouldn't wait too long to take that initial CAT. That score will give us a good sense of your natural strengths and weaknesses and will help provide a basis for comparison as you continue to study. A FULL CAT takes about 3.5 hours to complete, so make sure that you've set aside enough time to take it in one sitting. Once you have that Score, you should report back here and we can come up with a study plan.

I'd like to know a bit more about your timeline and goals:
1) What is your goal score?
2) When are you planning to take the GMAT?
3) When are you planning to apply to Business School and what Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks to everyone. I will definitely check the resources that you all suggested to me.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks to everyone for your valuable answer
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22062 [1]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi Ankit2112,

Regarding prep courses, in addition to seeking advice in this thread, take a look at the GMAT Club reviews for the best quant and verbal courses, and also read through some GMAT success stories to see what materials have worked well for other test-takers.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4098 [0]
Given Kudos: 242
Concentration: Sustainability, Marketing
GMAT Focus 1:
545 Q79 V79 DI73
GPA: 4
WE:Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Well you are at the right platform to learn about gmat & MBA admission , to start with you can check below links:
1. Study plan https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-self-pr ... tml?f=menu
2. GC tests : https://gmatclub.com/tests-beta/?fl=menu
3. Question bank : https://gmatclub.com/forum/search.php?view=search_tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Go to GMAT club tests and click on Free Stuff/Resources tab. You'll find quite a lot of resources there including free diagnostic tests so that's one place where you can start.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Gmac offers free access to 2 official practice tests and a practice question bank (~90 questions).
GMATWhiz Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 1800 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V40
Send PM
Expert Reply
Ankit2112 wrote:
Hello everyone,

Hi Ankit2112

You can go through this article to understand the right way to prepare for GMAT.
for calendly -

How to start preparing for GMAT?

As GMAT is an adaptive test, I suggest you to go with an online course as it helps you take adaptive quizzes and provides you all the content on a single platform. The best way to choose an online course is to check out the free trials of the courses out there and then choose the one which suits you the most. But make sure to choose the course which can help you with not only the concepts but also the application of concepts. And it would be even better if the course can help you with the study plan as it will help you be clear of what to study on any given day.

Don't hesitate to reach out if you need to discuss this in more detail and need help with a strategy to get beyond the 700 mark. I'd be happy to help.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you everyone for your a
advice. I get some idea about the resources after going through to each and every answer.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 375 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Extremely helpful..

GC tests : https://gmatclub.com/tests-beta/?fl=menu
GMAT Club Bot